Blue Iris UI3

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Brian, I just updated to BI 5.0.9 and got UI3 running on all my Win laptops. I have been running UI2 on my 3 year old Samsung smart TV browser, because it gave me more handles for increasing frame rate. I have run UI3 on the TV using BI 4.8.2 w/o any problems also. Now I get this error (See below) when I try to run UI3 w/ BI5 on the TV browser. I know this browser does not support ActiveX or have any type of video decoding capability. That is why I was streaming jpg. Cannot get past the opening countdown to setup jpg streaming. Any recommendations? TIA.

Attachments

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That fixed it (UI3 102), thanks for the quick response. This dumb smart TV will not respond to the Full Screen icon button in bottom right of screen. Works OK on Win machine. Any way to add Full Screen default to control panel? That option would work well on my Win tablets on power up also. Another donation on way. . .

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That fixed it (UI3 102), thanks for the quick response. This dumb smart TV will not respond to the Full Screen icon button in bottom right of screen. Works OK on Win machine. Any way to add Full Screen default to control panel? That option would work well on my Win tablets on power up also. Another donation on way. . .
Upper right corner of UI3, click on the three dots, then read the help file.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any way to add Full Screen default to control panel? That option would work well on my Win tablets on power up also. Another donation on way. . .
Thanks!

Not all browsers support real fullscreen mode. But you can go to settings > Extra > "Always Show Maximize Button" and enable that. This will add a new button just to the left of the fullscreen button:

1580616602775.png

It toggles the top and side bars on and off, which is the closest to fullscreen that you are likely to get. I think @looney2ns was hinting at the URL parameter "&fullscreen=1" which is described in the help file, but that is just a different way of toggling this mode.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to display more than 25 streams on live view?
Yes and no. UI3 only does one stream at a time. For group views, Blue Iris combines multiple camera views into one stream. There is no limit to the number of cameras you can have in a group stream (although Blue Iris itself does have a limit of 64 cameras).

Lucasl2a

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi bp2008,
I am having issues with my new BI server
Here are the screenshots (i am viewing on Opera). That's weird because i was use to watch my cams on opera and since my new install, UI3 isn't working on Opera only
Thanks,
1582788576561.png
1582788601911.png
1582788625433.png
Thanks,
Lucas

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @Lucasl2a,

Those error messages mean that when UI3 tried to download its script files, Blue Iris rejected the requests by redirecting to login.

People have had this exact symptom before but either never figured out what is wrong or just never reported back to tell me. So I have never managed to figure out what configuration is required to reproduce the issue. If I could reproduce the issue, I could likely fix it or at least have UI3 detect it and tell you how to fix it. If you can figure out exactly what is wrong to cause this, please let me know.

Some places to poke around:

• The browser's security settings, specifically anything related to cookies.
  • Blue Iris's web server settings, specificially anything related to cookies or session management.
  • Blue Iris's status window > connections tab. Make sure nothing is flooding it with connections that might cause new sessions to immediately get dropped.
  • Try disabling all browser extensions
  • Try disabling any internet security software you may have on the machine running UI3.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If anybody else has the same problem as Lucasl2a, this time the problem turned out to be caused by "secure" cookies. His old Blue Iris server was configured for HTTPS through stunnel. Then a few days ago he replaced his server but did not set up HTTPS on the new one. So here's the problem. Blue Iris 5.0.9 (January 31, 2020) started marking its session cookie as "secure" if you had configured Blue Iris to use HTTPS. So any web browser that had connected to his old server in the past already had a session cookie marked as "secure" and therefore refused to let the new "unsecure" server overwrite it.

The fix was to manually delete the old session cookie. This problem likely would have resolved itself eventually because the session cookie is "session-scoped" which means it should be deleted automatically when the browser (all windows/tabs) is closed. I'm guessing that hadn't happened yet, or else for some other reason the session cookie had not yet been deleted.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with using the URL Parameter cam=shortName for only one of my cameras that is named porch. It just loads the main split screen. I have no problem with using any of my other camera's short name.
/ui3.htm?tab=alerts&cam=porch&maximize=1

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't believe I ever used groups. I checked anyway and the group field is blank. Hitting Select also shows no groups.
I renamed Porch to test and it worked. Changed it back to Porch and it stopped working. The name and short name were both "Porch" with a capital P. I changed the short name to "porch" and now it is working. I had tested with another camera named Side for both names and had no problems so i'm not sure what is differnt with the porch camera.

Reaction score
Hopefully I'm in the correct forum for this post. I'm learning the ropes around here, so please bear with me.
Can anyone describe what variables significantly impact the server FPS as displayed in the lower left corner of UI3, and of those, which are user configurable?

slimnil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey @Lucasl2a,

Those error messages mean that when UI3 tried to download its script files, Blue Iris rejected the requests by redirecting to login.

People have had this exact symptom before but either never figured out what is wrong or just never reported back to tell me. So I have never managed to figure out what configuration is required to reproduce the issue. If I could reproduce the issue, I could likely fix it or at least have UI3 detect it and tell you how to fix it. If you can figure out exactly what is wrong to cause this, please let me know.

Some places to poke around:

• The browser's security settings, specifically anything related to cookies.
  • Blue Iris's web server settings, specificially anything related to cookies or session management.
  • Blue Iris's status window > connections tab. Make sure nothing is flooding it with connections that might cause new sessions to immediately get dropped.
  • Try disabling all browser extensions
  • Try disabling any internet security software you may have on the machine running UI3.
I have been having the same issue with logging into UI3 from my Mac using Chrome or Safari for several days now. I am still using BI 4 and UI3 has worked every since it came out until just a few days ago. I've written to BI Support but have not received an answer yet. Any new ideas?? Thank you

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been having the same issue with logging into UI3 from my Mac using Chrome or Safari for several days now. I am still using BI 4 and UI3 has worked every since it came out until just a few days ago. I've written to BI Support but have not received an answer yet. Any new ideas?? Thank you
Well, try clearing the browser cache and cookies and see if that helps.

slimnil

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, try clearing the browser cache and cookies and see if that helps.
I have done that since the very first time I was not able to use the UI3. No difference at all. :-( Just now I cleared all browser cache, info, etc. and completely shut down the Mac. No difference once I booted back up. This is just nuts. Over months and months and months of smooth usage, it just won't go past the error message below.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@slimnil That is not the same error ;)

BI support asked me for input on your issue this morning, and here is what I told them:

This error occurs when the login page can't load due to a missing or corrupted script file. It used to happen all the time when Blue Iris 5 was new due to some kind of glitch in how it extracted UI3, but I haven't seen others complain of it lately.

Have the user check that his web server root folder still points at Blue Iris 4/www (not Blue Iris 5's version of the folder). If that is still correct, then he'll need to reinstall UI3. This is most easily achieved by re-installing the last BI 4 patch, which should still be in his Blue Iris 4 folder, named update*.exe. Alternatively he could download the appropriate UI3 version from here and manually extract it into the www folder.