Blue Iris UI3

straes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @straes

These are "new ones" to me.

There is nothing in UI3 to automatically maximize a camera. A faulty input device (touchscreen perhaps?) is a possibility, but I have another suspicion based on your second error.

My best guess at this point is that you have configured profiles in Blue Iris that are automatically changing (likely via Blue Iris's global schedule) and the different profiles have a different cameras enabled. I think the second error could occur if you were viewing a single maximized camera when the profile changed, causing the camera group you were viewing previously to become unavailable. So when you click the image, UI3 tries to return to that previous group, but it is unexpectedly gone, and that error is caused.

Am I onto something here?
You may be on to something with the touchscreen. I'll disable it for a time and see.

As far as schedules, I'm not aware of any being active.

1577726283176.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well damn. Do you use multiple Blue Iris profiles at all? You could try switching the profiles manually to see if that triggers any of the problems. By default Blue Iris will just be permanently on profile 1 but it is easy to accidentally change to a different profile. It only takes one click.

straes

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, I'm making sure I do some due diligence before replying. But no, I don't believe I am using multiple profiles and I can't find anywhere that they are selected to change based on time. I'm still testing the touchscreen malfunction. Once I'm satisfied either way I can look into replicating the profile changes.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. No problem. Let me know if you figure anything out. Those are really strange problems for UI3 to have.

straes

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I almost caved earlier and chalked it up to the faulty touchscreen suggestion. However, as we were watching tv tonight, I noticed the video blank out, some error messages popped up in the bottom right (I think a few yellows and a red), then the video came back on with my top left hand camera in full screen. I wasn't close enough to get up and read the messages before they went away, but I did take a snip of the system log.

Does the UI dump logs locally to try and fish out why it restarted unexpectedly?

ScreenCapture 20191230 232435.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any error messages that appear in UI3 are copied to the developer console (ctrl + i in most browsers), but that is lost if the page gets reloaded.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm.. looking for some help with ui3. It keeps constantly losing connection and reloading every 30 seconds or so.. its not CPU load.. CPU load can be at 30% and it still does it. Also.. it does it regardless if im on a computer In the same network or if im remote... cant seem to figure out why..

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I upgraded to Blue Iris v5.0.7.4 yesterday. On both my iPhone (iOS v13.3) and iPad mini, on built-in browser, when in UI3 with group view, I cannot seem to switch to a single camera view by touching a specific camera view. I believe this worked before in previous installed release (v5.0.5.2 - I don't upgrade often).

I checked my 2 Windows tablets (MS Surface Pro2 and chinese brand) and the above works.

Any ideas what has changed to cause the above to no longer work on iOS devices?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@actran I recently was working on the touch input code to make it work in Firefox on Android, and I'm guessing I broke it for iOS. Ugh. I'll see about fixing that ;)

amit916

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if it's something I'm doing on my end but my remote server works well, as intended in UI3 but when I switch to JPEG, the motion triggers a camera to display full screen, 1920x1080 on my monitor. If I go to H264, it display it with a black border (if I had to take a guess, 720p).

Is there a setting I'm not aware of?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@amit916 I am not sure what you are talking about. If you were watching a group cycle stream, then I don't get to control what that stream does.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@actran Version 99 which I released just now fixes the iOS bugs related to touching cameras: bp2008/ui3

It should be in the next Blue Iris release after 5.0.7.5, whenever that is, or you can install manually any time.
@bp2008 I updated BI to v5.0.7.9. I can now toggle between group and camera views using touch. Thank you.

But the 2 buttons in lower right corner do not seem to work by touch on my iPhone and iPad. They did work previously. See screenshot below. Can you check on your side? (Related, the resolution spokewheel, i.e. "4k", below does work by touch)

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 9.51.15 AM.png

Reaction score
Hello all. I've just recently noticed that when viewing UI3 on my everyday use desktop,(Win 10-Chrome, both up to date) only the lowest three stream qualities are available. Desktop is lan connected (not wifi). On BI desktop and all my mobile devices, all resolutions are available.
What am I missing? Thanks.

Reaction score
Morning All.
Sorry if this has already been posted.

I just tried Ui3 on a Linux machine (Mint 19.3) with Firefox. As fas as I can see, it works really well.

Thanks to the devs.
Rick

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 I updated BI to v5.0.7.9. I can now toggle between group and camera views using touch. Thank you.

But the 2 buttons in lower right corner do not seem to work by touch on my iPhone and iPad. They did work previously. See screenshot below. Can you check on your side? (Related, the resolution spokewheel, i.e. "4k", below does work by touch)
Thanks for letting me know. I'll try and remember to look into this :)

Hello all. I've just recently noticed that when viewing UI3 on my everyday use desktop,(Win 10-Chrome, both up to date) only the lowest three stream qualities are available. Desktop is lan connected (not wifi). On BI desktop and all my mobile devices, all resolutions are available.
What am I missing? Thanks.
Try opening the "About This UI" panel under the main menu, and screenshot that for me. It includes a bit of text indicating if some features are (or are not) available. Could be there's something wacky in your Chrome configuration, and that should give some more hints as to what is wrong.

Morning All.
Sorry if this has already been posted.

I just tried Ui3 on a Linux machine (Mint 19.3) with Firefox. As fas as I can see, it works really well.

Thanks to the devs.
Rick
It'll work better in something based on Chromium. Firefox has a quirk where it plays low latency video very inefficiently.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha, so WebGL isn't supported (or could be disabled for some other reason). What does your computer have for a CPU and graphics device? I've heard of very old ones not supporting new enough OpenGL and therefore not working with WebGL. But it could just as easily be caused by an outdated graphics driver.