Blue Iris UI3

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What version of BI are you running? I tested silk on firestick 4k with 5.2.1.4 as well as the latest 5.2.4.6 and its working fine.
i am using 4 with the last update before it went to 5 which is when my subscription ran out... i didn't think this would be an issue since there hasnt been a ui3 update since it stopped working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i am using 4 with the last update before it went to 5 which is when my subscription ran out... i didn't think this would be an issue since there hasnt been a ui3 update since it stopped working.
There is only one way to find out...the update is worth 30 bux.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i am only seeing a price of $69.95

scroll down a bit. Note there are two plans. 29.95 and 34.95. The 29.95 is a recurring annually fee unless you cancel - which you can do immediately but is a bit of a pain with digital river. The 34.95 is a one time fee.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is highly unlikely that updating to BI5 would help with that. It sounds like Amazon's problem or a local configuration problem that we don't know about.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is highly unlikely that updating to BI5 would help with that. It sounds like Amazon's problem or a local configuration problem that we don't know about.
I dont think is amazon, as I tested it with my firestick. The upgrade is worthwhile regardless so it cant hurt to try.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm.

Well there is absolutely no reason I can think of for the Silk browser to behave any differently with BI 5 than it does with BI 4. And if it works for you then that points at it being a local configuration problem we don't know about.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm.

Well there is absolutely no reason I can think of for the Silk browser to behave any differently with BI 5 than it does with BI 4. And if it works for you then that points at it being a local configuration problem we don't know about.
I just now reset the firestick to factor defaults and started fresh. UI3 now works again in Amazon Silk Browser. Somewhere somehow i must of installed something that made it go buggy.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone notice that in UI3 when you are reviewing clips then pause the playback and click the "take picture" icon in the upper right it saves a pic that is different than the paused image you are viewing? Looks like the timing is off.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone notice that in UI3 when you are reviewing clips then pause the playback and click the "take picture" icon in the upper right it saves a pic that is different than the paused image you are viewing? Looks like the timing is off.
Just tried it here, and no issue. Timed to the second.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
First image is snipped from UI3...Second image is where I clicked the snap-picture button. The second image shows the clock is one second earlier from where it was freeze-framed but the file name (Mailbox 2020-04-12 05.52.20.501 PM.jpg) shows the correct time of the freeze-framed image.

Capture.JPG

Mailbox 2020-04-12 05.52.20.501 PM.jpg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bp2008
Since installing BI 5.2.5.7 the new VBR settings in Ui3, cause lots of compression artifacts. The CBR settings work fine. This is in Chrome on two different 'puters. Thanks
1586989976350.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The timing is exactly right for me. In UI3 settings, try changing the H.264 player to "JavaScript" and see if that fixes it. If so that would suggest the issue is with frame timing with the HTML5 player, which would not surprise me very much.

Since installing BI 5.2.5.7 the new VBR settings in Ui3, cause lots of compression artifacts. The CBR settings work fine. This is in Chrome on two different 'puters. Thanks
Interesting. I'll try and figure out why the bit rate is lower. Possibly Ken changed how the quality scales or something. He does all kinds of things without putting it in release notes.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The timing is exactly right for me. In UI3 settings, try changing the H.264 player to "JavaScript" and see if that fixes it. If so that would suggest the issue is with frame timing with the HTML5 player, which would not surprise me very much.
Same issue with JavaScript. When y'all test it are you checking the freeze-frame of an object that is moving?...and did you check it once or did you try it with several different scenarios?

What I observed is that sometimes it's spot on and sometimes it's off by a second.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Sybertiger Yes, I typically test with a moving vehicle which makes a very noticeable change from frame to frame.

Another theory, maybe you have "Also BVR" checked in camera settings > Video tab. Hardware acceleration of clip playback causes seeking issues which could affect snapshotting accuracy as well.