Blue Iris UI3

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
Look in the web server config and make sure the local interface that is chosen in the dropdown is the one you are trying to log in from.
No change. There is only one interface on my Windows Server 2012 that runs BI. UI3 is still prompted for authentication. For reference, I am running UI3 version 113 and BI version 5.3.0.3. I have attached a couple of screenshots for reference. Any ideas, please let me know.

Attachments

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To disable all of those messages would be like unplugging all the status lights on a car's dashboard (check engine, tire pressure warning, etc). So there is not, and never will be, a function to disable them.

However just like you could physically disconnect those lights in a car, you could write a bit of custom javascript to replace whichever toast functions you liked.
The issue is the notifications are clogging up the screen, blocking cameras and require constant user interaction to clear.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No change. There is only one interface on my Windows Server 2012 that runs BI. UI3 is still prompted for authentication. For reference, I am running UI3 version 113 and BI version 5.3.0.3. I have attached a couple of screenshots for reference. Any ideas, please let me know.
In the screenshot the chosen adaptor looks like a 192.168.30.0/24 network. This doesn't match what you said in your earlier post. However it is also set to only listen on that one interface so I'm not sure what is going on. Anyway anonymous LAN-only authentication still works fine for me.

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then you need to solve whatever problem the notifications are telling you about...
They serve not purpose. They are either redundant such as a lost stream which BI already tells me or superfluous things like profiles changing. They serve no purpose and remind me pop up spam. I guess I'll dig through your code to weed out the notification engine.

Reaction score
Then you need to solve whatever problem the notifications are telling you about...
I‘ve been running UI3 on an RCA 12” tablet since November of 2019 continuously.

The only messages we get are when I upgrade BI and the stream is temporarily lost. Then when the stream comes back, UI3 quietly goes back to showing what’s on our cameras.

Works great!

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Albert Einstien I know that at least one recent BI patch involved camera cycle streaming. Anyway, you need to let BI support know. I can't do anything about it.
They fixed it with the latest update, a problem with group cycle, but I must say, it wasn't easy getting them to understand that the problem was in BI, not my server. I kept trying to get some acknowledgement to the "Elephant in the room" but to no avail, that is that I changed nothing on my end, and it worked before the update, and it didn't work after the update. Well anyway, thanks bp for your support, it is fixed now with the latest BI update.

Last edited:

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
In the screenshot the chosen adaptor looks like a 192.168.30.0/24 network. This doesn't match what you said in your earlier post. However it is also set to only listen on that one interface so I'm not sure what is going on. Anyway anonymous LAN-only authentication still works fine for me.
Yep, I mistyped the networks in the first post. Either way, I got back to testing this. I have BI on 192.168.30.0/24. Anonymous login will ONLY work from 192.168.30.0/24. If you try to login from another LAN network, such as 192.168.130.0/24, BI will treat this as a non-LAN network. I disagree with this implementation, and its something that changed from BI3 to BI4. I might try to see if I can open up a feature request / bug with BI itself, but not sure that way to do that.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, I mistyped the networks in the first post. Either way, I got back to testing this. I have BI on 192.168.30.0/24. Anonymous login will ONLY work from 192.168.30.0/24. If you try to login from another LAN network, such as 192.168.130.0/24, BI will treat this as a non-LAN network. I disagree with this implementation, and its something that changed from BI3 to BI4. I might try to see if I can open up a feature request / bug with BI itself, but not sure that way to do that.
The examples you’ve given are separate networks so BI as far as I’m concerned is working correctly. Change your mask to /16 if you want it to be treated as the same network?

MachAF

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I updated from 5.2.8.3 to 5.3.X and UI3 is barely usable now. Takes 30 seconds to load a motion event and then the hours glass comes on in the window, then many Json errors. Tried in Chrome, safari and Firefox. Using local network and both computers are 1000mbit connections and CPU on BI machine is at low 20's %. Any ideas?

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I updated from 5.2.8.3 to 5.3.X and UI3 is barely usable now. Takes 30 seconds to load a motion event and then the hours glass comes on in the window, then many Json errors. Tried in Chrome, safari and Firefox. Using local network and both computers are 1000mbit connections and CPU on BI machine is at low 20's %. Any ideas?
I am also on 5.3.1.1 and so far it's working. Are you using group cycle or camera cycle or just all cameras on screen? Anything special about your setup?

MachAF

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@MachAF My first thought is that maybe Blue Iris is crashing and restarting itself when you try to open the clip. I've had that happen before lately.
Updated to 5.3.1.1 did some windows updates rebooted and its much better now. Thanks. Still have some lag from one of my cameras when pulling an alert from 12 hours ago. My alerts are on SSD so seems strange.

Reaction score
I am on 5.3.1.1 UI3 version is 113 and I have no issues.
Yes I am quoting myself...I had to open my big mouth...yesterday morning BI crashed. I have been running BI for almost two years and this is the first time it crashed. Rebooted the PC and relaunched BI. Now I get UI3 freezing when I hover over an alert image. Get the orange clock. Nothing else in my LAN has changed. I can RDP into the BI PC with no issues. It is just freezing UI3 that is pissing me off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so somehow I did something stupid last night, well actually a mouse problem caused it LOL.

I was looking at the Windows Firewall settings and confirming nothing changed during a Windows update and seeing if anything I could tighten up.

Somehow when using the mouse wheel, it caught on restore to default and acted like I selected it and all my firewall settings restored to default.

Apparently when that happens, it also knocks out Remote Desktop, UI3, and the app.

So I run a cable to a TV to get back in to re-allow remote desktop.

I went in and added Blue Iris back to the firewall rules, but I still cannot get UI3 or the app to open. UI3 works on the BI computer, but not the other computers on that network.

I can disable the firewall for the Private Network (while still keeping it for Domain and Public Networks), but it gives me warnings and I assume I wouldn't want to run that way.

What setting am I obviously missing that is preventing me access to UI3 with the firewall active?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I am quoting myself...I had to open my big mouth...yesterday morning BI crashed. I have been running BI for almost two years and this is the first time it crashed. Rebooted the PC and relaunched BI. Now I get UI3 freezing when I hover over an alert image. Get the orange clock. Nothing else in my LAN has changed. I can RDP into the BI PC with no issues. It is just freezing UI3 that is pissing me off.
Most likely something is wrong with the clips you are trying to preview.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I went in and added Blue Iris back to the firewall rules, but I still cannot get UI3 or the app to open. UI3 works on the BI computer, but not the other computers on that network.
I find it is more reliable to open the specific TCP port you have Blue Iris's web server listening on.