Blue Iris UI3

Goliath

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like Blue Iris changed something about how it sends frame timestamps so the timestamps aren't ticking up from 0 anymore. I'm asking the developer for details.
New update UI3 version 118, Blue Iris version: 5.3.2.7 Now it works :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried Firefox and it works fine no matter the profile you select. Just FYI
That is simply because UI3 is written to use a different H.264 player in Firefox by default. UI3 has two H.264 video players, one using HTML5 and the other using JavaScript. HTML5 is the one that broke in BI 5.3.2.6. HTML5 is normally the most efficient of the two players, but in Firefox it is the other way around, hence it was using the JavaScript player which wasn't affected by this bug.

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I am on 5.3.2.7 and my UI3 and Android App stoped to work, so I install back the 5.3.1.6 and still on the same issue.

Made a test on BI computer and other computers.

could you guys give some directions.

1599686687903.png

Chrome
1599686782138.png

IE
1599686896868.png

TheGooginator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I am on 5.3.2.7 and my UI3 and Android App stoped to work, so I install back the 5.3.1.6 and still on the same issue.

Made a test on BI computer and other computers.

could you guys give some directions.

View attachment 70239

Chrome
View attachment 70240

IE
View attachment 70241
If you are trying to connect to the UI3 in your LAN from that IP address is needs to be Local Access section. I think you mis-typed your external IP into that section by mistake.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Uncheck the box that says "Bind exclusively" or select the correct IP address (192.168.1.103) from the dropdown to the left of that checkbox.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New update UI3 version 118, Blue Iris version: 5.3.2.7 Now it works :)
I had missed a couple build, just went up to it & I have noticed if I exceed playback > 2x of recorded video I get video stream warnings now. never before. I think 6x option for playback is new, it was just 2x,4x,8x etc. ? Well it all works fine with that exception, curious if anyone else noticed that? W10 64bit (build 2004) 6 core 16GN RAM SSD's & Nvidia 1050ti & this + all cameras are LAN based 100 or 1GB, PC & PoE switch rebooted, so only significant change is as noted above.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Brett_F

That looks like another side-effect of Blue Iris recently changing how video frame timestamps work. Thanks for letting me know. It has also completely broken reverse playback. And an unrelated change has broken UI3's ability to read the clip duration so everything just shows the default value of 10 seconds. LOL.

I'll need to discuss some of this with the Blue Iris developer so it may be next week before there's a fix. If you want to roll back your BI version in the meantime, I think 5.3.2.4 or 5.3.2.5 should be okay.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd guess you've got a bandwidth issue on the PC your viewing UI3 on. I just tried it at 32x and no stream warnings. Connected via WiFi with a Netgear Nighthawk AC7000 at about 900MbPS on an old i5 craptop from a 6700K i7 based BI machine running 5.3.2.2.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd guess you've got a bandwidth issue on the PC your viewing UI3 on. I just tried it at 32x and no stream warnings. Connected via WiFi with a Netgear Nighthawk AC7000 at about 900MbPS on an old i5 craptop from a 6700K i7 based BI machine running 5.3.2.2.
Right, this is 5.3.2.7 & UI3 build 118 though, like I said this issue is new.
I "could have bandwidth issues" however when I look at "new issues" in any tech I support, I usually go to "what changed? " as the starting point to trouble shoot. All else seems stable enough, just the streaming > 2x issue.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you streamed at 2x, or higher, previously without problems if the first question. If so, then yes the changes. If not, then look at bandwidth.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm running 5.3.2.2 and HTML5 for the player using Opera. Sometimes, when you lead you bleed I guess ;)
Yes I had passed on a few builds & thought maybe time to do an update.
I don't like getting too far back in builds, sometimes that has cause for concern & the odd time there is a security issue that may have come up, so all of us, as you & your build tend to try & stay reasonably up to date.
That is a wish list item, some method for those of us on regular maintenance agreements to get automated alert emails on when a security issue is addressed so we know when a build is critical to update. Given most of us expose the UI3 to external internet.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you streamed at 2x, or higher, previously without problems if the first question. If so, then yes the changes. If not, then look at bandwidth.
Oh yes I typically stream playbacks @ 4x, simple reason if I am just reviewing the night before & taking a look. I find 8x or higher you can miss critical nuances to what actually triggered the camera.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've learned, the hard way, to stick with the latest "stable" version and wait for the next "stable" version before doing updates. I will say I wish the descriptions for what was updated were more informative other than "changes to xxxx". The popup in the console is enough pre-warning for me.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I had passed on a few builds & thought maybe time to do an update.
I don't like getting too far back in builds, sometimes that has cause for concern & the odd time there is a security issue that may have come up, so all of us, as you & your build tend to try & stay reasonably up to date.
That is a wish list item, some method for those of us on regular maintenance agreements to get automated alert emails on when a security issue is addressed so we know when a build is critical to update. Given most of us expose the UI3 to external internet.
Why and how are you exposing UI3 to the internet?
If you are away from home, it should be over a VPN connection.
How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk