Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there somewhere in UI3 where the IP address of the cam is shown? I looked but don't see anywhere.

Fairly often I'll want to pop into a cam quickly to check/change some setting. I have to either refer to my records on my phone or fire up BI to get the IP address. Would be nice to have under properties or elsewhere (if not already there that I missed).
No, Blue Iris does not provide this information so UI3 can't show it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@YrbkMgr You should know the latest version of UI3 probably won't work well with Blue Iris 4. UI3-77 is the last release that is expected to work fully with Blue Iris 4.8.6.3.

As for why it says you are using the older version, I'm guessing you did not extract the folder to the right place. The www folder IS the correct place to extract to, but if I had to guess I'd guess that maybe you put everything in a subfolder by accident.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there somewhere in UI3 where the IP address of the cam is shown? I looked but don't see anywhere.

Fairly often I'll want to pop into a cam quickly to check/change some setting. I have to either refer to my records on my phone or fire up BI to get the IP address. Would be nice to have under properties or elsewhere (if not already there that I missed).
Make a bookmark to each camera in the browser.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Make a bookmark to each camera in the browser.
Yeah, I need to do. Have links set up on my one main machine, all of the setup and other info about each cam on my phone and other places. Need to sync things better so it's more handy when using other devices.

Mostly just being lazy and hoping for an easy way. Thought that it probably was there and I was just missing it. A little surprising that BI doesn't pass in some way in properties.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BiUpdateHelper can make an html file full of camera configuration links for you. Just be aware that a lot of virus detection engines don't like how awesome that app is, and complain that it is a virus. It isn't one, I swear!

Update: I dug into the false positive virus detections again and managed to fix them this time.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to do. Have links set up on my one main machine, all of the setup and other info about each cam on my phone and other places. Need to sync things better so it's more handy when using other devices.

Mostly just being lazy and hoping for an easy way. Thought that it probably was there and I was just missing it. A little surprising that BI doesn't pass in some way in properties.
Chrome will automatically sync bookmarks, if you choose to. All it takes is a second by clicking on the little flag each time you're in the camera login page. Can't get much easier than that.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Chrome will automatically sync bookmarks, if you choose to. All it takes is a second by clicking on the little flag each time you're in the camera login page. Can't get much easier than that.
Yes, but I'm pretty sure that sync requires that each device logs into your Google account. I never run logged in and I block a bunch of the Google tracking/cookies/etc. But I could open things up and log in just to sync things up on the devices and then turn off again. Cam IPs don't change much for me these days so just need to do once every now and then.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How change clips order on UI3? we need it to show the earliest first, and it is the opposite:

Attachments

Last edited:

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I meant start by the earliest for the day. The way it is, the list is reversed, it starts by the latest.

Again, our user's demands, not mine.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll see if that is something I can add as an option, but it probably isn't going to happen. That creates more complexity than you might think, particularly if you still wanted the days ordered the way they are, and to only invert the order of clips within each day.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, days ordered the way they are.

We've searched before for a setting like this.

Thank you - we all truly enjoy UI3.