Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, days ordered the way they are.

We've searched before for a setting like this.

Thank you - we all truly enjoy UI3.
I've taken a deep look at what would be required to do this, and decided not to proceed. Implementing your request would add a lot of complexity to the code. Particularly dealing with the automatic updates of the clip list, where the different ordering would introduce several new edge cases that are very difficult to test. It just isn't worth it to provide a feature that almost nobody would turn on.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is not 24-hour time default;)
In the next UI3 update, 24 hour time will be the default if it is the default in the web browser. There's a one-time migration in place to enable 24-hour time in UI3 if it is enabled in the browser but not in UI3 yet. (the time format of the browser is determined by your location -- typically learned during operating system installation)

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've taken a deep look at what would be required to do this, and decided not to proceed. Implementing your request would add a lot of complexity to the code. Particularly dealing with the automatic updates of the clip list, where the different ordering would introduce several new edge cases that are very difficult to test. It just isn't worth it to provide a feature that almost nobody would turn on.
Thank you for looking into it. We've ended with an alternative approach: combine or cut of 24 hours, so users have just one clickable item per day, making things easier for them.

The 24 hour time format seems to be a widely adopted default for the whole world :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for looking into it. We've ended with an alternative approach: combine or cut of 24 hours, so users have just one clickable item per day, making things easier for them.

The 24 hour time format seems to be a widely adopted default for the whole world :)
until you start having issues with large files....The US doesnt follow the whole world. The world follows us.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The US doesnt follow the whole world. The world follows us.
Better not to follow that road, as it will not bring us any evolution as one species that we are.

I suggest respect for the work of @bp2008 and keep this thread focused on its subject.

Goliath

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "bp2008, post: 490502, medlem: 28"]
I nästa UI3-uppdatering är 24-timmars tid standard om det är standard i webbläsaren. Det finns en engångsmigrering på plats för att aktivera 24-timmars tid i UI3 om den är aktiverad i webbläsaren men inte i UI3 ännu. (tidsformatet för webbläsaren bestäms av din plats - lärs vanligtvis under installationen av operativsystemet)
[/CITAT]
: bra post:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Better not to follow that road, as it will not bring us any evolution as one species that we are.

I suggest respect for the work of @bp2008 and keep this thread focused on its subject.
You are the one who implied that we should follow the rest of the world. If you wanted to focus on the subject of this thread you should have not brought it up. Nice try attempting to imply that my comment somehow disrespects his work.

saltfish

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought this was mentioned before but can't locate it. I would like to setup a large monitor (tv) to display group of cameras. Was thinking of using raspberry Pi web browser to display UI3. Need it to be remote configured. No keyboard or mouse attached after initial config. Boot into web browser UI3 web page with group displayed.

Any suggestions?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@saltfish This looks like a good guide: Raspberry Pi Kiosk using Chromium

I'd also recommend installing/enabling a VNC server of some kind so you can connect remotely and fix things if they break.

Here's an alternative that looks pretty nifty: Screenly - Screenly Open Source Edition

Myself when I use a pi for a permanent video display, I prefer to connect it directly to cameras and render their sub streams. This way it doesn't slow down the Blue Iris server at all. I have my own tool for this, though others exist with more polish: SvenVD/rpisurv

Last edited:

saltfish

n3wb
Reaction score
Bp2008,
Rendering the video stream on the PI makes a lot of sense. I will look into that. Thanks

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
@saltfish This looks like a good guide: Raspberry Pi Kiosk using Chromium

I'd also recommend installing/enabling a VNC server of some kind so you can connect remotely and fix things if they break.

Here's an alternative that looks pretty nifty: Screenly - Screenly Open Source Edition

Myself when I use a pi for a permanent video display, I prefer to connect it directly to cameras and render their sub streams. This way it doesn't slow down the Blue Iris server at all. I have my own tool for this, though others exist with more polish: SvenVD/rpisurv
How many cameras will the Pi handle? Obviously, using substreams helps a ton I'm sure. Have you found an upper camera limit where the Pi just wasn't powerful enough to keep up?

Reaction score
I use a HP android slate to view my cameras via UI3. This has worked great for years. Recently the view on that slate is all blurry whether I am viewing multiple cameras or just one. The menu and other items look great. If I run UI3 on my phone it looks great so it is just that system.

I have reviewed settings and everything looks normal. I restarted the system etc and same results for more than a week now.

The slate is connected via a 1gig wired network connection to the BlueIris server. It runs a older version of Android 4.4.2

I checked the camera properties as recommended on this forum but nothing looks off. Plus it is the same as when it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Ok I feel really dumb now. The streaming quality showed Jpeg HD but when I clicked on the drop down it quickly fixed itself. All looks good now. I guess somehow the lower selection was active but the screen did not update? Really weird.

Thanks. I will let you know if this happens again.

NielK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many cameras will the Pi handle? Obviously, using substreams helps a ton I'm sure. Have you found an upper camera limit where the Pi just wasn't powerful enough to keep up?
My Raspberry Pi 4 is comfortably coping with 8 camera streams using the UI3 "4k"stream setting. (8 x Dahua 5442 cameras 2688x1520 @ 15fps). BlueIris is not using substreams.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
My Raspberry Pi 4 is comfortably coping with 8 camera streams using the UI3 "4k"stream setting. (8 x Dahua 5442 cameras 2688x1520 @ 15fps). BlueIris is not using substreams.
But that is connected to the BI UI3. We are talking about streaming the cameras directly to the RPi via omxplayer.