Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it I think single camera groups are not reported to clients as being actual groups.

I'm not sure what caused your error, but I'll see if I can do anything about it.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Not important enough to spend a lot of your time on, at least not for me. I'm perfectly happy with UI3.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been waiting a bit to report something I see that isn't working. I just upgraded to B13 hoping it would start working, but it didn't. The problem is when I bring up "System Configuration" I get the following error. It happens with both IE11 and FF 57. I've read this entire thread and haven't seen anyone reference this one.
System Configuration has nothing to do with the error message you got. Are you sure that is what you clicked on?

What Blue Iris version? 4.6.4.12 I see from the error message.

What browser and version then?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, a dull brain. My apologies, it is "Device List".
That is a clue then. Have you ever used the official iOS or Android apps with this UI Blue Iris? (see, you aren't the only one with a dull brain). I'm guessing you have not and rather than sending an empty list, Blue Iris sends no list at all.

I'm checking for null response data there, now, and putting in a message saying "This list is empty."

Last edited:

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
No, I've only used browsers to access BI remotely from my tablet or phone. Now, another thing just popped up. I keep getting a "maximum login attempts exceeded" message. That has happened on this craptop, WIn10/FF57, and my phone, Android "hearts and flowers" or some other inane name. I think the phone is actually 4.4 Kitkat. This started once I installed B13. I shut down BI on the server and brought it back up to clear it earlier, but don't have the time to do that right now.

I also claim age as a defense :brainfart:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, another thing just popped up. I keep getting a "maximum login attempts exceeded" message.
What does that look like, exactly?

I did just discover that when the login page attempts to check for an anonymous session, it causes Blue Iris to increment its "failed login" counter, so you can lock yourself out just by refreshing the login page a half dozen times. Some browsers try to pre-load web pages, and if they run that script, then it could even happen without you loading the login page at all!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I did just discover that when the login page attempts to check for an anonymous session, it causes Blue Iris to increment its "failed login" counter, so you can lock yourself out just by refreshing the login page a half dozen times. Some browsers try to pre-load web pages, and if they run that script, then it could even happen without you loading the login page at all!
This is probably why some people have been complaining about sometimes getting a plain white page for several weeks (months?) now!!!!

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I get the plain white screen on the Android stuff. I'm pretty new to this board and all the nuances of BI so if there's a thread on it I haven't seen it or looked for it.

I, again, want to say thanks for a really great UI, Brian! I've also learned more about BI and cameras in the short time I've been on this board than in the four years I've been using BI. I used to install video surveillance back in the days when GBC reigned supreme.

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That would explain the issue my wife had recently. Do you happen to know how long BI keeps a record of a failed login for a particular IP?

The help and web server advanced settings dialog just mention the failure limit and release time after being banned but not how long a failure is remembered (all time, since BI start, same as release time etc). If not then one for Ken.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing, but I have no idea. I do know that failed attempts for an IP are forgotten if you log in successfully or if you restart BI.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Beta b14 is available in the first post.
  • Performance optimizations, most notably for very large alert/clip lists (e.g. those that load days, weeks, or months through the date filter).
  • Server-side PTZ preset thumbnails are now supported. It is expected that Blue Iris 4.6.5.1 will have full support for these, as 4.6.5.0 does not save the thumbnails automatically.
  • Added Infrared, Brightness, and Contrast controls. These must be enabled at the bottom of the UI Settings panel before they are visible.
  • Wrote more in the help file.
  • Many bugfixes.

t_andersen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is an awesome piece of software, I love it! And the videos are so much smoother than when using the UI that came with Blue Iris. Works very well for me (b14 with Chrome 62.0.3202.94 on Windows 10 and 62.0.3202.84 on Android 5.1). Is there a Paypal account so we can show our gratitude?

A very small issue: Could it be possible to switch to European time format in the settings? We normally use 24-hour format and most people here are not used to the am/pm thing.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is an awesome piece of software, I love it! And the videos are so much smoother than when using the UI that came with Blue Iris. Works very well for me (b14 with Chrome 62.0.3202.94 on Windows 10 and 62.0.3202.84 on Android 5.1). Is there a Paypal account so we can show our gratitude?
Great piece of software!
From Brian:

People won't stop asking how to donate.

Nobody has to donate. All my custom Blue Iris pages are and always will be free. Seriously folks, put your money toward more cameras or a CPU upgrade or something.

If you really can't help but give me some of your money, use this link:

Pay Brian Pearce using PayPal.Me

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Beta b15 is available in the first post.
  • Added "24-Hour Time" option.
  • The login page now checks a new field indicating if anonymous authentication is available before attempting it.
  • Fixed scaling issue affecting H.264 camera cycles at "Fit" zoom level.
Note that Blue Iris 4.6.5.1 currently has broken its login responses a little, making it possible for an error message to appear in UI3.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya mean I gotta update again????? I just did that! (just kidding :lol:) I think you're working too hard, Brian.