Blue Iris UI3

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@rkn Let me know if the extra padding option adds enough padding around the buttons. I tried to make a compromise between ease-of-use and covering half the screen with buttons when you hold a phone in portrait mode.
I think the extra padding option looks just about perfect.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I decided to look into Chromebooks while thinking about replacing my old 2008 Macbook and so far I've tried a Dell Chromebook 11 with an i3 CPU and swapped to a Google Chromebook Pixel 2 LS and UI3 runs fantastically well on both (both were on the stable build).

I've used the old in-box Blue Iris UI for over 2 years now and it's amazing how much more fluid UI3 is in comparison, even on the lower spec Chromebook :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried it on the lowest spec chromebooks and it can't handle h.264 well at all. Ironically, Chrome OS is the one place that a more-efficient video decoder is available, but it isn't worth maintaining another player module just for Chrome OS.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Beta b13 is available in the first post.

* Fixed loading spinner in Firefox. It was too small, causing its rotation to be lopsided.
* Toast messages (popups in the bottom right) no longer overlap the playback controls as long as your playback controls fit on one line.
* Toast messages no longer appear in front of playback settings/speed/quality panels.
* Fixed dropdown boxes not opening when using a touchscreen with Microsoft Edge.
* In Microsoft browsers on Windows, the "Hold Visual" (rectangle that appears when long-pressing) no longer appears when operating the PTZ controls with touch.
* Fixed a bug where some compatibility warnings intended for the About panel might not get shown.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Beta b13 is available in the first post.
* Fixed loading spinner in Firefox. It was too small, causing its rotation to be lopsided.
* Toast messages (popups in the bottom right) no longer overlap the playback controls as long as your playback controls fit on one line.
* Toast messages no longer appear in front of playback settings/speed/quality panels.
* Fixed dropdown boxes not opening when using a touchscreen with Microsoft Edge.
* In Microsoft browsers on Windows, the "Hold Visual" (rectangle that appears when long-pressing) no longer appears when operating the PTZ controls with touch.
* Fixed a bug where some compatibility warnings intended for the About panel might not get shown.
@bp2008 I can confirm that the loading spinner is no longer lopsided in Firefox. Thank you.

The most important question now is when will you deem UI3 officially released? (and the beta label removed from URL)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The most important question now is when will you deem UI3 officially released? (and the beta label removed from URL)
All I know is that Ken wants to put it in the next major BI release, which I've been told is around the end of the year.

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@rkn Let me know if the extra padding option adds enough padding around the buttons. I tried to make a compromise between ease-of-use and covering half the screen with buttons when you hold a phone in portrait mode.
Thanks for the changes. The skip buttons and spacing works well on our mix of tablet sizes, its now so much easier to find key parts of recordings.

I've also tried it on several phones and still fine there so I think its a good compromise.

joey52685

n3wb
Reaction score
It is even a problem on Large scale? I may be able to include an option for "Extra button spacing for playback controls". I do not want UI3's settings panel to turn into UI2's settings panel though.
I think have a basic menu for everyday config and then and "Advanced" menu for power users may be a good idea. Even if this particular issue doesn't require a menu item I'm sure more things will come up in the future that 90% of users don't need.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is what the "Extra" section at the bottom of the settings is going to be for, for now. If it ends up getting too full then I'll branch it out into an Advanced Settings panel.

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First of all, UI3 is amazing. I use this as my go to vs RDP or Android App. There was an earthquake today on the east coast at 4:47pm; and in looking for the clip I found an annoying bug. If you scroll through the alerts, it will eventually hang. Potentially in it's effort to load thumbnails for such a high number of clips. Is there a way to have a feature to just search for an exact period in time (right now it's just the calendar for the day). I do have a lot of cameras (20+) and record a lot of alerts each day (60GB+), so I may not be the normal user here.

I'd also add the feature to export as an Mp4 or allow to direct upload it to a stored Youtube acct. Right now the download is only in the bvr format.

All Else is amazing. Maybe adding in a view mode for it to scan screens where motion has occurred, like it can in the android app.

I'm at the latest beta, let me know if you need me to test anything directly for you!

Running it on a Chromebook (samsung chromebook plus) in of course chrome.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed if I scroll through a very long clip list (tens of thousands of clips) it does hang. I'm not sure why yet. Thanks for letting me know -- hopefully I can fix it.

I mentioned remote export to MP4 to Ken (Blue Iris's developer) and he thought it was a good idea. I don't know if that means he'll implement it, but rest assured if he does I will make it happen in UI3.

I'm not sure what you're talking about "scan screens where motion has occurred".

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean the ability to stream a group auto-cycle? You just need to choose a cycle in the Current Group dropdown. Live view tab only.

Regarding the UI hanging, it seems that the larger the clip list gets (it actually builds dynamically as you scroll down), the more CPU UI3 consumes for no apparent reason. Eventually it just maxes out the thread the script runs on and the page freezes. For that matter UI3 is consuming a lot more CPU at idle than it should be anyway. Looks like I need to do some profiling.

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I still don't see that. If u pick a group, I just see all the cameras in the right. In the Android app cycling shows one camera at a time and auto cycles to one with motion detected or the next in the sequence. Is there a way to do that in the webapp?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The Current Group dropdown should have listed each group's cycle stream just after each group.

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried deleting some alert clips and I just keep getting a warning that a bulk operation is already in progress and no deletion occurs. This is Chrome (v62) on Windows. I tried deleting one or more after a refresh of the page and same issue.

Update:
I had a couple of minutes to look into this and it appears to be just when trying to delete a selection including the current alert clip because the bulkOperationInProgress flag is already set to true once when it calls back into Multi_Operation after closing the current clip.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried deleting some alert clips and I just keep getting a warning that a bulk operation is already in progress and no deletion occurs. This is Chrome (v62) on Windows. I tried deleting one or more after a refresh of the page and same issue.

Update:
I had a couple of minutes to look into this and it appears to be just when trying to delete a selection including the current alert clip because the bulkOperationInProgress flag is already set to true once when it calls back into Multi_Operation after closing the current clip.
Thanks. Will fix.

No, it's not there. Only thing in the drop down are four items, my 4 groups. Can you send me a screenshot of yours, it seems very different than mine (I'm on Chrome latests rev)

I don't know why you'd get cycle streams on android but not in UI3. Check "Enable camera auto-cycle stream". If it is already enabled there, you could send me connection details in a private message and I can see if something is different about your camera list API response that would cause this to happen.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been waiting a bit to report something I see that isn't working. I just upgraded to B13 hoping it would start working, but it didn't. The problem is when I bring up "System Configuration" I get the following error. It happens with both IE11 and FF 57. I've read this entire thread and haven't seen anyone reference this one.

A question on the "Cameras" dropdown. I only see "all cameras", "all cameras cycle" and one of my three groups. The two groups that don't show are single camera groups, at the moment, and I suspect that is why they don't show in the list. Am I right?

Attachments