Blue Iris UI3

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris Groups and Layout not appearing on UI3. The Group dropdown on the Side Bar shows cameras instead of groups. If I go to UI settings and select YES for showing Cameras in group dropdown, the list of cameras will appear twice, but no groups.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris Groups and Layout not appearing on UI3. The Group dropdown on the Side Bar shows cameras instead of groups. If I go to UI settings and select YES for showing Cameras in group dropdown, the list of cameras will appear twice, but no groups.
What Blue Iris version are you running? I don't have this problem on the latest release (5.9.7.3).

If you are on the latest BI release, please try restarting Blue Iris (if running as a service, use Task Manager > Services tab to restart Blue Iris) and reload the page in the web browser to see if that resolves it. I've seen Blue Iris go into a bad state before regarding web server sessions and restarting it should solve it if that has occurred.

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was and still am on release 5.9.7.3 for now since the latest (5.9.7.4) refuses to install as of this writing. Restarting Blue Iris and reloading the page on both Edge and Chrome doesn't do much.Screenshot 2024-09-11 184209.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Your group webcasting stream might be disabled. Near the top of Blue Iris's local console, look for the dropdown list of camera groups. Choose "All cameras" if it isn't already, and click the gear icon next to it. You need "Enable group webcast stream" to be enabled.

1726099429542.png

1726099488017.png

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AH YES. Now I remember unchecking it a while back because I didn't like how the Android app looked with Groups, then completely forgot about it.
As of a couple days ago, I've been using Pushover for notifications with UI3 as the streaming link. The combo has been working great with clean, smooth playbacks but the groups issue (created by Moi) was starting to bother me until now, Thank you!

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When there's a new Alert after the UI3 window is opened, UI3 now adds the memo correctly to the new Alerts, but it doesn't update their thumbnails and mouseover Alert images. :( (With the new "zoom into detected object" and the usual "mark up my images with the AI results" settings, this makes a big impact.) They only show up after a manual refresh of the page