Blue Iris UI3

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Because Ken still hasn't provided a more efficient method to create this animation, this uses the same inefficient method as UI2.
Do you think its worth us support paying customers asking as well to show there is demand for this?

As an inefficient method also increases server load its in everyone's interest to improve this. With the recent camera decoding improvements and direct to disc I find that serving web content is often taking the larger chunk of my server's resources.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

Love the UI2 style animated previews. They seem to be working fine, at least for me. I'll have a look at server loading later today, after the commotion drops off.

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the preview animations but what is the expected time steps on these for alerts?

I've presumed the steps would be within the alert but they appear to be within the whole clip and for more of that clip than in the clip animations.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Brian, I have been looking at b21 alert/clip preview animations on a win10 chrome browser laptop through LAN. The alert play back rate for short events, such as someone walking by, was too fast to see anything. I looked at a clip of me walking out to pick up newspaper this morning, and all I could tell was the newspaper was there, then it was gone. It would probably be better to limit playback time around the trigger event and not the whole clip. Hopefully that is easy to do. In its current state, it is only usable if there was a lot of activity throughout the clip. Thanks for all your continuous updates.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Brian, I have been looking at b21 clip preview animations on a win10 chrome browser laptop through LAN. The clip play back rate for short events, such as someone walking by, was too fast to see anything. I looked at a clip of me walking out to pick up newspaper this morning, and all I could tell was the newspaper was there, then it was gone. It would probably be better to limit playback time around the trigger event and not the whole clip. Hopefully that is easy to do. In its current state, it is only usable if there was a lot of activity throughout the clip. Thanks for all your continuous updates.
Same with mine on chrome...I use continuous record and the preview goes through about 30 minutes and you really can't tell what it was. Glad you made a off switch for this....good idea but not usable in my case. Merry Christmas and thanks for all your hard work on this !

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen some of the same behavior. I only record alerts and when previewing some of them, when it starts "looping", the loop skips back much further on the timeline. It doesn't happen with every clip, but does happen sometimes.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that you guys mention it, the alert length property I am reading from *would* be the full clip length sometimes (almost always). That was certainly unintentional. Fix incoming within the hour.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think its worth us support paying customers asking as well to show there is demand for this?
LOL. It couldn't hurt.

Thanks for the preview animations but what is the expected time steps on these for alerts?

I've presumed the steps would be within the alert but they appear to be within the whole clip and for more of that clip than in the clip animations.
It is coded to spit out 8 frames evenly distributed throughout the alert/clip. The way it is coded currently (in UI2 and UI3 both) it will get frames at seek positions 0%, 12.5%, 25%, etc, up to 87.5%. It is actually skipping 100%, and I don't remember if that was intentional or not. The frames are timed to load approximately 200ms apart so the animation completes every 1.6 seconds. It can take longer than 1.6 seconds if it takes over 200ms to load a frame.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What does "‰PNG" mean? I tried reinstalling everything fresh, now everything is broken and comes up with this trying to go to ui2 or ui3.htm

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What does "‰PNG" mean? I tried reinstalling everything fresh, now everything is broken and comes up with this trying to go to ui2 or ui3.htm
Your guess is as good as mine. Try re-downloading and re-extracting. Overwrite everything it asks to overwrite.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Merry Christmas. Good health and happiness to you.

May 2018 bring more cameras to your property.

I hope @EMPIRETECANDY ask you to review a brand new starlight! Fun for us and fun for you.

No rush. Clip preview. On my side, the playback seems to be in reverse. Maybe the looping back to the begining is happening so fast, my brain thinks playback is in reverse. Need more eggnog to be certain.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@bp2008 Merry Christmas. Good health and happiness to you.

May 2018 bring more cameras to your property.

I hope @EMPIRETECANDY ask you to review a brand new starlight! Fun for us and fun for you.

No rush. Clip preview. On my side, the playback seems to be in reverse. Maybe the looping back to the begining is happening so fast, my brain thinks playback is in reverse. Need more eggnog to be certain.
yeah, i am also thinking that. lol..

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
* Camera and clip list updates are now suppressed while the browser tab is inactive.
* Server status updates are throttled to one every 45-50 seconds while the browser tab is inactive, just to keep the server session alive. On Android and iOS, these requests will be fully suppressed on inactive tabs to conserve resources.
* H.264 streams can no longer be opened while the browser tab is inactive -- Someone reported it was happening, though I don't know what caused it.
Some initial feedback on these changes:

So far I've not had a re-occurrence but I do need to try a few more devices and variations of how they were last used (UI3 showing, other app etc). This was an odd issue and I would have made the same assumption as Brian initially that the Chrome app showing these web views should be fully suspended or not cause any further updates.

Soepkip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been using ui2 and now ui3beta for a while, and it is great. However, I am still struggling to get it properly working on a Raspberry Pi 3. I have been using JPEG SD streaming, and that kind of works, but the RPi occasionally freezes. The hardware decoding capabilities of the RPi should be sufficient to decode H264 streams, but so far I have not been able to get it to work. So I am wondering, is there anyone who has managed to get the web interface working properly on a Raspberry Pi?
I tried fiddling with the H264 streaming profiles, but selecting H264 on the Raspberry Pi results in 100% server usage and a message "client is too slow". Even with "ultrafast" preset and a bitrate of 64 kbit/s.

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi.

First of all, love the new UI. Way better than before.

I have found 1 issue, but it happens on either UI2 or UI3.

We run an apache reverse proxy server for accessing all internal services using subdomain names.

My setup works fine for everything I have added in except for blueiris.

Our setup uses a custom LDAP form so that when anypage is accessed, the user has to login with their domain credentials then apache will show the page requested. This works fine for any services provided thru the proxy and in some cases you have to login twice, once for the apache access, then second for the service access. For example, accessing the nas is nas.example.com, you then get an LDAP authentication page, then once logged in you get the NAS login page.

But for Blue Iris, and again happens on both UI2 and UI3, the Apache LDAP login just sits there and eventually timesout. If I remove the Apache Auth, then all works perfectly and I get direct access to the Blue Iris login page.

Is there something tricky going on with the login page that I need to accomodate for in Apache? Would rather prefer to have the LDAP authentication prior to accessing BI as it logs all staff access. If someone is interested, here is the Virtual Host for BI, removing the <location> section removes Apache Authentication and all works:

Code:
<VirtualHost *:443>
    # NETWORK VIDEO RECORDER
    ServerName nvr.example.com
    ServerAdmin support@example.com
    # AUTH FILES REMAP
    Alias "/example.authentication" "/mnt/WWW/example.authentication"

# AUTH FILES SECURITY
    <Directory "/mnt/WWW/example.authentication">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        Satisfy any
    </Directory>

# NETWORK VIDEO RECORDER- SUBDOMAIN
    ProxyPass / "http://10.0.200.1:8000/"
    ProxyPassReverse / "http://10.0.200.1:8000/"

#REMOVEING THE FOLOWING WORKS BUT REMOVES APACHE AUTHENTICATION
    <Location "/">
        AuthFormProvider file
        ErrorDocument 401 "/example.authentication/index.php"
        AuthUserFile "/mnt/WWW/example.authentication/.htpasswd"
        AuthType form
        AuthName "EXAMPLE.COM"
        Session On
        SessionCookieName session path=/;domain=.example.com;httponly;secure
        SessionCryptoPassphrase secret
        SessionMaxAge 3600
        Require valid-user
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using ui2 and now ui3beta for a while, and it is great. However, I am still struggling to get it properly working on a Raspberry Pi 3. I have been using JPEG SD streaming, and that kind of works, but the RPi occasionally freezes. The hardware decoding capabilities of the RPi should be sufficient to decode H264 streams, but so far I have not been able to get it to work. So I am wondering, is there anyone who has managed to get the web interface working properly on a Raspberry Pi?
I tried fiddling with the H264 streaming profiles, but selecting H264 on the Raspberry Pi results in 100% server usage and a message "client is too slow". Even with "ultrafast" preset and a bitrate of 64 kbit/s.
UI3 doesn't have access to hardware acceleration for H.264 playback so the pi has to do everything on its CPU, which just isn't fast enough.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the beta, since there were recently some improvements to CPU usage centered around the clip list.