Blue Iris UI3

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well bp2008, you've done it again. You improved an already superior product! I love the ability to cycle through the selected cameras using the PERIOD and COMMA keys, but I also discovered (and love) that you can start the cycle from viewing the main camera group by simply pressing those buttons as well!

I'm very appreciative for your persistent efforts to keep improving the UI. Even though you state that your UI's are free, if you were sitting next to me in a bar today, well, I'd buy you a meal and a couple drinks for your continued work on UI3! So please accept my small donation for your efforts.

I used this Paypal link: Pay Brian Pearce using PayPal.Me

Scott from Austin, Texas

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I recently updated to BI 4.6.8.1 and B24 yesterday. My tablet also updated chrome ot 64.0.3282.123 around the same time. After that I kept getting the Aw, Snap! crash in chrome about every 5 to 10 minutes. Uninstalling the updates on my tablet for chrome put it back at version 61.0.3163.98. After this the issue appears to be fixed.

Easy enough fix.

20180131_184407.jpg 20180131_184414.jpg

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thats unfortunate, since I have no way of fixing any Chrome bugs!
I also tried clearing the browser cache along with all the history and what not and restarting the tablet but that didn't fix it. I can see if the issue happens on my cell phone to see if it is indeed the update. Let me know if you want me to try to reproduce it on my phone to confirm the issue and I can update my chrome and let it run for a bit.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure if it is the update's fault, I'll find out about it one way or another. No need for you to worry about it. That kind of crash, I can't do anything about anyway.

rkn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Although these Chrome 'Aw, Snap' issues aren't UI3's fault - I mentioned earlier in this thread that I found an annoying consequence when experiencing them was often having the streaming mode drop from H.264 back to jpeg automatically on page reload. That then got saved as the setting and often went unnoticed due to the views I use and so reduced the frame rate and more importantly increased bandwidth on my mobile devices.

To avoid this I made a change to UI3 version at the time to not persist this automatic streaming format downgrade, so only persisting changes actually made by the user. I had forgotten about this until I upgraded to the latest beta and didn't merge my changes. Two days later and a Chrome crash or two on Android (resuming an instance usually) and I spotted the streaming format is jpeg again.

If other people experience this then maybe a useful change for the official UI3?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@rkn I'll make the change in the next beta release unless I forget. Let me know if it doesn't fix anything.

Reactions: rkn

camx

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm also getting the Chrome/Android crash bug, UI3 is fantastic though - keep up the great work!

Reaction score
I get checking status......fail...

I did download and unzip the ui3.js file and extracted it into ui3

I did read somewhere that a particular unzipping program did not load a particular file......is that my problem?

I cleared cache as well, using chrome browser

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I get checking status......fail...

I did download and unzip the ui3.js file and extracted it into ui3

I did read somewhere that a particular unzipping program did not load a particular file......is that my problem?

I cleared cache as well, using chrome browser
It is unclear what is going wrong. Please re-read the instructions and make sure you've done everything right. I use 7-zip myself, but Windows Explorer is fully capable of handling zip files without it.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems like the issues and beta releases are slowing down, so does that mean we are close to the official release finish line, or will that not occur until Blue Iris v5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Brian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Long awaited HTML5 updates makes a great tool even greater. Thank you bp2008 and other contributors. I'm ecstatic that my Win10 IE not longer has to give me the dreaded ActiveX not working message as well as just a very nice interface update to Ken's awesome work.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am also getting the crash every few minutes with Chrome. I'll try and grab a screenshot just before it happens, there are all kids of errors on the UI3 console.

Here is what it's saying just before it crashes:

UI3-Error.png

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you paste the errors from the console or is that going to be difficult? It might contain more information about where in the code the error occurred.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you paste the errors from the console or is that going to be difficult? It might contain more information about where in the code the error occurred.
Do you mean from the BI console? Seems like it only happens when I have one camera in view and that tab in Chrome is live. If I switch tabs and the UI3 tab is not active, it doesn't seem to happen.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you also paste a screenshot of the encoding settings for the H.264 streaming profile you are using?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here is the chrome console. Where do I find the encoding settings you are looking for? Under the specific camera record tab or somewhere else?

Chrome-console-errors.png