Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is a mid-2012 MacBook Pro so maybe the issue is related to the age and not the OS. Running the latest version of High Sierra with everything up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mine is from the first macbook pro release to have a retina display. It was around that time if I recall. Regardless, it shouldn't matter what the hardware is since UI3 has mostly pure-software decode options.

Moose

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine is from the first macbook pro release to have a retina display. It was around that time if I recall. Regardless, it shouldn't matter what the hardware is since UI3 has mostly pure-software decode options.
Very true, mine is the last model before the release of the retina displays. Regardless, UI3 is still a great piece of work and it won’t stop me from using it daily.

Great work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Moose

n3wb
Reaction score
Also just checked all other browsers on mac and they all have the same issue. Safari allows H.264 to work but then errors saying the stream is unstable and should be switched to JPEG.

Charles_cz

n3wb
Reaction score
First, thank you for this nice UI..

I was wondering if there is ui3 URL I could put together to directly (after auto login) access certain camera in full screen view. I use ui3 with my home automation system I would like to show this one view directly. Since it looks like it is all web browser based I assume it would be possible to pass some parameters in URL to get that full screen cam view?

Any ideas?

Thank you. Charles

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Charles_cz Example: http://<host>:<port>/ui3.htm?&maximize=1&cam=Garage

Replace "Garage" above with your camera shortname.

First, thank you for this nice UI..

I was wondering if there is ui3 URL I could put together to directly (after auto login) access certain camera in full screen view. I use ui3 with my home automation system I would like to show this one view directly. Since it looks like it is all web browser based I assume it would be possible to pass some parameters in URL to get that full screen cam view?

Any ideas?

Thank you. Charles

Charles_cz

n3wb
Reaction score
I should have looked there at first place. I had no idea it was there.. I'll make sure to read it all.

chollz

n3wb
Reaction score
All, hoping for some suggestions while getting a 404 error when trying to access UI3.

For whatever reason only certain devices on my network can access UI3. My windows laptop, Macbook Pro, iPhone X can all access UI3 with no issues. When I try to view it on my wife's iMac, iPad, or iPhone 8, I get to the login in screen just fine but once press "Login", I get a 404 error. All mobile devices are accessing via Safari, all computers are accessing via Chrome.

Any ideas of why this is happening and how I can fix this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Pay attention to what appears in the address bar when you get the 404 error. Likely Blue Iris is redirecting to a different page than ui3.htm and if you can find out which page it is then it might give a clue as to why you got a 404.

chollz

n3wb
Reaction score
Pay attention to what appears in the address bar when you get the 404 error. Likely Blue Iris is redirecting to a different page than ui3.htm and if you can find out which page it is then it might give a clue as to why you got a 404.
It appears to be working now. Thanks for your help.

pland

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue getting to the login via chrome in android?

I am testing the remote capability of the BI web server UI3 interface via my mobile phone to see if it would work remotely, and I can not get it to work via chrome.
If I deselect the option "Use secure session keys and login page" under the web server-advanced page within blue iris global options, I can get a login screen to come up, and I can put in my credentials, but it just leaves a blank screen after that. It does not look like it is loading, the loading screen does not come up or nothign like that... Is this a chrome setting issue?
I tried disabling any adblocking, etc....
However, if I use my native samsung internet app (which I do not prefer over chrome, since I have everything synced to chrome) I am able to login, no problem, either way. This is not a huge inconvenience, just seems like it is not working according to everything I have read it should work ideally on the android version of chrome.

I am running a Samsung Note 5 android 7.0, chrome app version 67.0.3396.87

Anyone else experiencing issues???

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue getting to the login via chrome in android?

I am testing the remote capability of the BI web server UI3 interface via my mobile phone to see if it would work remotely, and I can not get it to work via chrome.
If I deselect the option "Use secure session keys and login page" under the web server-advanced page within blue iris global options, I can get a login screen to come up, and I can put in my credentials, but it just leaves a blank screen after that. It does not look like it is loading, the loading screen does not come up or nothign like that... Is this a chrome setting issue?
I tried disabling any adblocking, etc....
However, if I use my native samsung internet app (which I do not prefer over chrome, since I have everything synced to chrome) I am able to login, no problem, either way. This is not a huge inconvenience, just seems like it is not working according to everything I have read it should work ideally on the android version of chrome.

I am running a Samsung Note 5 android 7.0, chrome app version 67.0.3396.87

Anyone else experiencing issues???
What exactly is in your address bar when you are stuck on a blank page?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Version 41 is now available, which fixes the DEMUXER_ERROR_COULD_NOT_OPEN error I know some of us have been seeing intermittently.

bp2008/ui3
To install releases from github, download the release zip and extract it to Blue Iris 4/www, overwriting all files.

Version 41
  • Fixed demuxer error that could occur in Chrome when switching between video streams rapidly and using the HTML5 video player.
  • Added ui3/licenses.txt file, providing a list of code libraries and their licenses.
  • Misc bugfixes.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
That's funny, bp, I hit that demuxer error yesterday on Opera. It had no real impact, just reloaded the page. I had double double clicked on a single camera in the group frame and it popped up.

On another note, a B flat, I don't seem to be getting audio encoded into the .avi files when I do an export. I'm sure it's user error, being a charter member of AAFD, but maybe I am missing something.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On another note, a B flat, I don't seem to be getting audio encoded into the .avi files when I do an export. I'm sure it's user error, being a charter member of AAFD, but maybe I am missing something.
:)

Just to the left of the "Begin export" button is a little audio icon. You probably clicked it by accident and put it into "mute" state.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope, the speaker icon is green and still no audio, just double checked to insure my alleged sanity.