Blue Iris UI3

hondaman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 10 cameras. 4 are inside PTZ, 6 are higher MP outside fixed cameras. It used to be I could set the streaming quality to profile 0 (i think it was) and it just worked. Now when I switch between streaming qualities it sits there and spins. Jpeg HD works but its a slide show. How can I make it so I see my cameras "live" like it used to be? Thank you

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 10 cameras. 4 are inside PTZ, 6 are higher MP outside fixed cameras. It used to be I could set the streaming quality to profile 0 (i think it was) and it just worked. Now when I switch between streaming qualities it sits there and spins. Jpeg HD works but its a slide show. How can I make it so I see my cameras "live" like it used to be? Thank you
Something may be wrong with your viewing device. But anyway to bring back the Streaming 0 profile the way it used to be, see this image:

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure where this bug is.

I have an image overlay on each of our cameras. In BI it looks fine. But when viewing on UI3 the image flashes in and out. I worked out that to stop it from happening I have to set each cameras BI settings to one step above its real FPS. Then in UI3, the image stops flashing. For example, if I have a camera at 20FPS and set BI to be 20FPS then image flashes, if I change BI settings to 25FPS then the overlay image stops flashing.

This happens on both my home 8 camera system and my work 27 camera system.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the camera labels overlay (or maybe I don't understand the settings correctly). I want to show the camera label only if one camera is shown, not when multiple cameras are shown. When I select the "show only when one camera is visible" option, I still don't see the camera label. If I select YES for "Camera Labels Enabled", then the labels show up on multi-camera views and single camera views, regardless of what I have selected for the "show only when one camera is visible" option. Is this a bug or am I not understanding the settings correctly?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You aren't understanding the setting. It is "Show when only one camera visible", not "Show only when one camera is visible". Big difference in meaning ;)

By default the labels only appear for camera groups, and not when one camera is maximized. I should be able to accommodate your desire, though.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You aren't understanding the setting. It is "Show when only one camera visible", not "Show only when one camera is visible". Big difference in meaning ;)
D'oh! >Hand slaps forehead<

By default the labels only appear for camera groups, and not when one camera is maximized. I should be able to accommodate your desire, though.
Thank you for adding this option in the next version!

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just a thought about the labels. They currently overlay the video image. I think in a very early thread you said that this could be resolved by the user adding some padding into the pixel values that are set for screen size in Blue Iris. Is it possible to have an option in UI3 that adds this in for you, as a toggle? The reason I ask is that I have some cameras with the time/date stamp at the top of the image and others with it at the bottom, placed so that the time/date does not interfere with critical areas that need to be watched. With the label overlapping the image on top or bottom, I'm always covering up some of the time/date stamps.

Or in lieu of the option above, could you set a variable toggle/slider that adjusts the transparency of the background color of the label?

I may be the only person who could benefit from this so no worries it if it is not possible or a hassle.

Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought about the labels. They currently overlay the video image. I think in a very early thread you said that this could be resolved by the user adding some padding into the pixel values that are set for screen size in Blue Iris. Is it possible to have an option in UI3 that adds this in for you, as a toggle? The reason I ask is that I have some cameras with the time/date stamp at the top of the image and others with it at the bottom, placed so that the time/date does not interfere with critical areas that need to be watched. With the label overlapping the image on top or bottom, I'm always covering up some of the time/date stamps.
The way Blue Iris currently does things, it would be very challenging to allow remote client apps to change group frame dimensions. This suggestion didn't get any traction when I brought it up with Ken, years ago ;)

It would be even more challenging for UI3 to modify the camera layout after the stream has been decoded. So, it isn't going to happen.

Or in lieu of the option above, could you set a variable toggle/slider that adjusts the transparency of the background color of the label?

I may be the only person who could benefit from this so no worries it if it is not possible or a hassle.

Thanks!
That, I can do easily enough!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a thought about the labels. They currently overlay the video image. I think in a very early thread you said that this could be resolved by the user adding some padding into the pixel values that are set for screen size in Blue Iris.
This setting makes my labels on top of video image.

labels.JPG

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
sweeeet!

Hey bp2008, thank you SO much for making these changes. It works perfectly and I like the ability to modify the background colors as well!

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for my lack of understanding, but there is much talk about the security risk of port forwarding. I am considering adding VPN to BI server and am trying read and understand the requirements. One of the many questions I have is will I still be able to use UI3 on LAN and WAN when I install VPN on BI server and disable Port Forwarding on my router?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for my lack of understanding, but there is much talk about the security risk of port forwarding. I am considering adding VPN to BI server and am trying read and understand the requirements. One of the many questions I have is will I still be able to use UI3 on LAN and WAN when I install VPN on BI server and disable Port Forwarding on my router?
yes..read the vpn primer for noobs..you lack a basic understanding of vpn...vpn will make it as though you are local on your lan

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fenderman, thank you for trying to help me. Sadly I have read the VPN Primer for Noobs and something is not clicking for me. I will keep study the info available until I finally get it.