Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just not sure what the URL should be to access the BI server UI3 in Chrome on my phone.
I was using "blueiris.pro/go/?+MyLicence#" before to access the original UI.
When you enter that, I assume you are redirected to your public IP address. You would then have to add /ui3beta/ui3.htm to the URL afterward.

I recommend using a dynamic DNS service so you can access your BI server without going through blue iris's little redirect server.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see. I thought BI's redirect server was the same thing as a dymanic DNS server. Any free ones out there or are they all pay?

MikeRizzLe

n3wb
Reaction score
I install UI3 and I was able to see the H.264 streams after restarting by browser (Chrome), I only see the jpeg options. Any help would be appreciated.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I see. I thought BI's redirect server was the same thing as a dymanic DNS server. Any free ones out there or are they all pay?
Some routers have free dynamic dns service included...dlink - netgear for example

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I install UI3 and I was able to see the H.264 streams after restarting by browser (Chrome), I only see the jpeg options. Any help would be appreciated.
Unless you got some other error messages you aren't telling me about, I have no idea what caused this. Something made the browser report no support for one of many features that are required for the H.264 player to load. There's a chance that if you look in the "About This UI" panel while this problem is happening, it might tell you which feature was reported as unavailable. I've had reports before that Chrome on Android would crash and come back in jpeg mode like this, but I've never been able to reproduce it on any platform. In any case, restarting the browser is all I can suggest to fix it.

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the Mini PTZ, you have an option for 3D navigation where you can draw a box on the view and it will centre and zoom in to that area.

Is it possible to add a similar thing in future to UI3? It's really convenient and I for one find myself going to the camera ui directly just for that feature.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just found a bug.

Using UI3 via Pixel XL Android, if you click on a PTZ preset, the thumbnail pops up to the side but never goes away. Stays there over the camera feeds and no way to hide it again.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
With the Mini PTZ, you have an option for 3D navigation where you can draw a box on the view and it will centre and zoom in to that area.

Is it possible to add a similar thing in future to UI3? It's really convenient and I for one find myself going to the camera ui directly just for that feature.

I use this all the time too.....this would be a great feature in UI3 :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more, but Blue Iris would have to implement this first!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just found a bug.

Using UI3 via Pixel XL Android, if you click on a PTZ preset, the thumbnail pops up to the side but never goes away. Stays there over the camera feeds and no way to hide it again.

Oops. Those thumbnails were not supposed to pop up on touchscreens in the first place! Thanks for reporting it.

Since the thumbnails are so small without the popups, I think I'll still allow them to pop up, but make sure they get hidden as appropriate.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI3 is now out of beta. It isn't being included in Blue Iris releases quite yet, but you can install the full release just like any of the beta versions.

Beta users will want to update their bookmarks and homepages in Blue Iris's user properties. The new url is just /ui3.htm without the /ui3beta subdirectory.

UI3 version 1 is available for download in the first post.

Release 1 change log (since beta b30):
* Beta labeling removed.
* The "Clip Preview Animations" feature is no longer considered a beta feature, and the setting has been renamed, effectively re-enabling it for any user who had it disabled during the beta.
* Ptz preset thumbnails behave much more nicely on touchscreens.
* Fixed bug where thumbnail popups were cropped on narrow screens.
* The UI version number is now visible in the session status toast message (the message must be enabled in UI Settings > Extra).
* Moved "Context Menu Compatibility Mode" setting to the "Extra" category.
* The system name in the upper left corner is now a shortcut to a Main Menu item of the user's choice, configurable in UI Settings > Extra. The default action is "About This UI".
* Replaced png browser logos in "About This UI" panel with optimized svg versions to improve UI loading time.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I hate to ask this because it's probably right in front of me, but how do I know which camera is feeding the audio stream in the "live view" and "all cameras" selected ?

BTW ...Thank you for UI3 !!

I have narrowed it down to one cam, but it appears to always use this same camera as the audio source in "all cameras". If I click a cam and then go back it will still go back to the same camera's audio.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On my system, Blue Iris mixes together the audio from all the cameras in the group. I'm not sure if there is an option somewhere for this.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
On my system, Blue Iris mixes together the audio from all the cameras in the group. I'm not sure if there is an option somewhere for this.
I guess a NO audio feature would be nice on "all camera's" if that would be possible. It just so happens one of my cams is close to a heat pump and that seem to be the one I hear on the "all cameras" :) I would just adjust it down, but it is also a crucial location for audio. It might be more of a issue if you had cameras monitoring rooms or large locations. I know when wind is blowing that will wipe out any audio from other cams.

Its not a real big deal as I can just slide the volume down and then slide it back up if I want to hear live audio. I thought I was just missing something because in BI on "all cameras" desktop whatever cam is highlighted is what audio you hear.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Always forget about those settings ! This will work perfect ! Thank you

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I really like this new web UI it is much better than the old one was! But I miss the timeline very much!
Is it possible to rewind a camera (or all the cameras) to view the earlier recorded video?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I really like this new web UI it is much better than the old one was! But I miss the timeline very much!
Is it possible to rewind a camera (or all the cameras) to view the earlier recorded video?
No, it isn't. It is a possibility for the future but only with direct support from Blue Iris.