Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So this will be the default UI going forward? ie. won't have to put in ui3.htm? simply http://url:port?
Ken said UI3 is the default for non-Internet-Explorer browsers, though all my user accounts have ui3.htm set for their homepage so I haven't confirmed if this part is working.

Old bookmarks (if they included a page name) will still go to the old pages of course.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm curious about how the current version of UI3 will be incorporated into an updated version of BI. I guess at the time a BI update is available Ken contacts you for an updated UI3? Just wondering.

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry folks I am late to this party. I have fast read through all 34 pages of this thread and can not find the download link (says it's on the first thread but I can not see the link) and install instructions. I think i read something about overwriting some files in the BI www folder. I still need the download link. Any help would be appreciated.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry folks I am late to this party. I have fast read through all 34 pages of this thread and can not find the download link (says it's on the first thread but I can not see the link) and install instructions. I think i read something about overwriting some files in the BI www folder. I still need the download link. Any help would be appreciated.
Update BI to 4.7.3 and it will be included.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have a UI3 folder in the WWW folder it should work. Check the first post again and read the first paragraph.

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup thanks. Over read that part. I updated and all good.
Just a comment... is there going to be a feature to be able to auto scroll through the cameras in live view? It is a feature in the native BI sorftware that I find useful at my company. I would like to install a few standalone monitors with auto scroll. Thanks anyway. This UI3 looks good

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yup thanks. Over read that part. I updated and all good.
Just a comment... is there going to be a feature to be able to auto scroll through the cameras in live view? It is a feature in the native BI sorftware that I find useful at my company. I would like to install a few standalone monitors with auto scroll. Thanks anyway. This UI3 looks good
It's there. Just make sure you have the auto-cycle option set in BI for the group(s) of cameras that you want to cycle through (in group settings). Then it will show up as "cycle" group in UI3.

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I can not locate the Group Settings.

found it. but where in UI3 does it show up to auto Scroll group?

Thanks

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I can not locate the Group Settings.

found it. but where in UI3 does it show up to auto Scroll group?

Thanks
On the Live View tab, click the dropdown box under Current Group. On clips/alerts tabs, the same dropdown exists under "Filter Clips by:". The auto-cycle groups are your group name plus the word cycle.

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so playing with this further, if I have a user that I limit to a group of cameras the auto cycle will not be an option. If I take the restriction away, all cameras auto cycle appears. I still can not get a group cycle to become an option

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you explicitly enable the cycle stream for that group in the group properties? "Enable camera auto-cycle stream"

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
ok you officially talked me off the ledge on this one. Thank you very much. It worked out like you said.

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded to the latest BI4 and now have the new UI3. I hate it because the cameras freezes every few seconds. It does not happen when using BI3 and the old legacy web GUI. How can I go back to the old Web Gui. I want to use BI4 with the old web GUI.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I just upgraded to the latest BI4 and now have the new UI3. I hate it because the cameras freezes every few seconds. It does not happen when using BI3 and the old legacy web GUI. How can I go back to the old Web Gui. I want to use BI4 with the old web GUI.
Just type in default.htm after your IP address

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I did that, but it does not do anything. It just opens a blank page when I type my IP+PORT and the /default.htm
When I connect using chrome it redirects to UI3.htm.....I then just backspace the UI3.htm and type default.htm and it brings up the the old client. What browser are you using ?

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
When I connect using chrome it redirects to UI3.htm.....I then just backspace the UI3.htm and type default.htm and it brings up the the old client. What browser are you using ?
I tried the /default.htm on IE and FF.