Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
His path explicitly said subtype=0 which is main stream.

DOFDEN

n3wb
Reaction score
Will do as soon as I get home. Thanks
Well different error message, more robust. Uninstalled BI saved my reg file. :) downloaded ver 7 and the latest 64bit BI. reinstalled BI checked client it worked, unzipped ui3 ver7 now both clients crash with same error msg.
Will do as soon as I get home. Thanks

Attachments

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks giomania. Indeed that is what it says.
It’s hard for me to remember all the stuff in there, let alone the casual observer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well different error message, more robust. Uninstalled BI saved my reg file. :) downloaded ver 7 and the latest 64bit BI. reinstalled BI checked client it worked, unzipped ui3 ver7 now both clients crash with same error msg.
You likely didn't install UI3 correctly. It looks like jQuery didn't load. jQuery is part of applet/loginScripts.js so I'm betting that file is missing or corrupted in your www folder.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I just want to say thanks, one more time Brian. I have UI3 up and running on two different laptops, two tablets and two phones. From what I can see CPU utilization on the server is impacted enough to even register on the graph with two connected at the same time. Great job!

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, that looks like a camera firmware bug. A really unfortunate one. I'd think about looking for a firmware update. Did you get those from @EMPIRETECANDY ?

Can you post the configuration of that cam in Blue Iris?

(This page)

That is one of my 2MP starlights, representing a known-good configuration.
What is the model? IPC-HDW5231R-Z now the latest version is 201711

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a changelog somewhere? You used to post what was changed but not recently.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY it's IPC-HDW4231EM-AS
I have the same camera with the “E“ at the end, purchased from Andy in January and it has the 2017–09 firmware on it.

I thought about updating to the 2017-11 firmware but decided against it.

Note that I have not installed BI yet, so I can’t help in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I use UI3 on a pc to use to monitor 22 cameras, what minimum spec would that pc need to be. This pc would only be used to run UI3 nothing else.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll just want fast single-core performance for UI3. Basically anything modern like i3, i5, i7, or ryzen should do fine. Mobile CPUs like Atom, celeron, core m3, etc aren't so good.

eangulus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just need clarification, I noticed that the performance of UI3 is not just limited to the NVR but also the PC your viewing from. Is that right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just need clarification, I noticed that the performance of UI3 is not just limited to the NVR but also the PC your viewing from. Is that right?
Yeah, particularly when streaming H.264 since the frame rates are typically much higher than when streaming jpegs.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm running into some issues switching from UI2 to UI3 on my raspberry pi's.

Issue 1: Is there a way to automatically launch UI3 in full screen mode? On UI2 I could pull the alert list to the side and it would stay that way on next bootup. I can't find a way to do that on UI3 other than sending a ` command on startup

Issue 2: UI3 will not remember the last saved settings for "streaming quality" or "UI will close after 10 min of activity". I am not starting in incognito mode so there isnt any reason it keeps going back to defaults. UI2 had no issues remembering last settings

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running into some issues switching from UI2 to UI3 on my raspberry pi's.

Issue 1: Is there a way to automatically launch UI3 in full screen mode? On UI2 I could pull the alert list to the side and it would stay that way on next bootup. I can't find a way to do that on UI3 other than sending a ` command on startup
UI3 Help

Issue 2: UI3 will not remember the last saved settings for "streaming quality" or "UI will close after 10 min of activity". I am not starting in incognito mode so there isnt any reason it keeps going back to defaults. UI2 had no issues remembering last settings
Those settings are stored in the browser's "Local Storage" which is often considered equivalent to cookies by any privacy/security features, so check if you have local storage or cookies disabled. Alternatively you could use the local overrides file to change the defaults for everyone who uses your UI3 (including the raspberry pis). See the "Quick Start" section here: UI3 Help