Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
To get it working in the Beta I had to remove the "start_url": "../ui3.htm" line from the manifest and this way it stored the page I had open in the browser (including arguments) as the start page when I click "Add to Home Screen", otherwise it just opened the standard UI3 home page.
Interesting. I'll remove that line from the manifest for future UI3 releases.

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well @scquestions I don't know what else to have you check. Those are the only two requirements I know of.
Just wanted to update and say it was downloading fast on the Blue Iris PC one time, the next two times it was slow-transcode even while on the Blue Iris PC. I don't know what the problem is..

Not a big deal, just wanted to report back just in case the additional information is helpful.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
please add a function to fullscreen tiggered alarm cam.

I see "All cam" and when a cam is tiggerd the cam is red. Can you dd this stream to fullscreen ? Or show bigger ? Maybe a cam settings with URL to ui3 ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
please add a function to fullscreen tiggered alarm cam.

I see "All cam" and when a cam is tiggerd the cam is red. Can you dd this stream to fullscreen ? Or show bigger ? Maybe a cam settings with URL to ui3 ?
That is certainly a possibility I will consider.

Lets think about it. We could call this feature "Auto-Maximize Triggered Cameras".

I could code things such that UI3 automatically maximizes the triggered camera, and returns to the group view when the trigger ends.

But things are never that simple. There are decisions to make about how to handle multiple concurrent triggered cameras. If more than one camera is triggered, should UI3 try to cycle between them? If so, who decides how long it should linger on each camera? What should happen if the user clicks on a camera while it has been automatically maximized? What if the user has manually maximized a camera, and then that camera gets triggered? What if the user has manually maximized a camera and then a different camera gets triggered?

What if the user is on the Alerts/Clips tabs. Does it still work there, where it could interfere with clip playback and clip list navigation?

Would this feature simply be toggled in UI Settings or is it deserving of a toggle button in the live view tab?

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cool :) I think only in live view. In Option: Only First tiggered cam / last tiggered cam. click on this fullscreen tiggered cam go back to group view.

kwhy

n3wb
Reaction score
** Unable to access Camera Properties in Chrome/Edge PC/Android - UI3 version 61, Blue Iris version: 4.8.4.0 **

just updated Blue Iris 4 through the BI4 update only.

UI3 version 61, Blue Iris version: 4.8.4.0

I can't seem to access my camera properties (to enable/disable) on all my devices through the UI3 menus. I Click on FULL CAMERA LIST and my cameras all show up but then click on any of them it starts to load up the properties window (can see the window popup) and then shuts (the full camera list still remains open). No extensions are blocking (tried incognito).

Everything else seems to be fine.

happens in all these browsers below PC/Android

Chrome - Version 71.0.3578.53 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) - PC
Chrome - Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) - PC
Edge - Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 - PC (never use this brower)
Chrome Dev - 72.0.3608.5 (Android)

anyone else experiencing this? Not sure if this is a *recent* update since I haven't updated in a few months.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Releases - bp2008/ui3
To install releases from github, download the release zip and extract it to Blue Iris 4/www, overwriting all files.

Version 62
  • The video player's maximize-state is now persisted between UI3 loads.
  • Added URL parameter "maximize=0" to complement the previously-existing "maximize=1" parameter.
  • Renamed the UI Settings > Extra option 'Full Screen: "Video Only"' to "Maximize Video in Full Screen Mode".
  • Added a "Toggle Maximize Video" button next to the Full Screen button in the lower-right corner. By default, this button is hidden to save space, appearing only if the video player is already maximized. This provides an easier way to un-maximize the video player, particularly on touchscreen devices.
  • Added option "Always Show Maximize Button by Full Screen button" (in UI Settings > Extra) which forces the "Maximize Video" button to always exist. This makes the feature more accessible on touchscreen devices.
  • Saving a shortcut to UI3 to your home screen on Android/iOS should now preserve any URL parameters that are present.
  • Misc bugfixes and error message improvements.

Reaction score
I spent much of the day migrating BI from a laptop on WiFi to a dedicated OptiPlex i7-6700 with SSD and 2TB drives which is now stashed in a guest room closet. It is wired to the network and running headless.

I was able to get all of the cameras working including the usb webcam on the aforementioned laptop (it is next to my recliner and when I’m at work I can see the grand babies). I used Yawcam and it took some googling and trial & error. I will write it up if anyone is interested.

I now have the laptop (Win7) set to auto login, start chrome in kiosk mode and UI3 is the home page (I would like to start UI3 in full screen mode but haven’t figured that out yet). All is good except for the lag time. It is about 4 seconds. As mentioned, the laptop is on WiFi as I cannot easily connect it to a switch.

This could be a network problem, but I don’t think so. I have all UniFi equipment and since the laptop is no longer hosting BI, our WiFi traffic is now minimal.

Are there any settings either in UI3 or BI that might decrease the lag to zero?

Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

490683A3-0217-46D9-9EC6-240904116F52.jpeg

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Blue Iris buffers 4 frames ahead when it receives video streams from cameras, so a very low frame rate can contribute to increased delay. If you're using the Edge browser then the HTML5 player adds a bunch of lag, but I have Edge use the JavaScript player by default (which is much less efficient but doesn't impose any delay) so I doubt that is your problem.

A network with inconsistent speed or a lot of packet loss could result in delay in the video if you use the HTML5 player. You would see this if you right-clicked on the video and chose "Stats for nerds". If the network delay graph rises that is usually a sign of network problems.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for all the enhancements/fixes you continue to add to UI3.

2 enhancements requests:

Request #1: When trying to select a PTZ preset on a touch-screen tablet, the preset thumbnails are too small and too close together to select easily.
See first screenshot.

Request: Can I have option to display PTZ preset names as a clickable list on left-side panel?

PTZ control.png

Request #2: The group dropdown is at the top in alerts/clips tabs. See 2nd screenshot.
But group dropdown is further down when in live view tab. See 3rd screenshot.
This requires that I take an extra conscious step to find the dropdown onscreen before I can select a group.

Request: Can I have option to have group dropdown be always at the top (on left-side panel) no matter what tab I am in?
group list alerts tab.png

group list live view.png

Thank you for considering these 2 requests. Best, Andy.

Attachments

Last edited: