Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Owkaye

In that pie chart, the green space is free space on the drive that Blue Iris will not touch. The blue spaces are the amount you have set aside for Blue Iris to save recordings. Or, rather, it is the default size, because you have not set it up yet. What you want to see is a much larger blue space and a much smaller green space.

You need to open Blue Iris Settings > Clips and archiving, then set up your folders. It looks like you still have them set to defaults.

Because this is your boot drive, you should leave perhaps 50 GB of free space unallocated (whereas right now you have closer to 380 GB unallocated). My recommendation is to allocate 1 GB to the Alerts folder, 0 GB to the Stored folder, and all the rest to the New folder. By default the New folder is configured to "Move to folder Stored", but you should change that to Delete. This is the action taken when the New folder is full, and it is silly to just move files to another folder on the same hard drive, better to just delete the old clips when the folder is full. Uncheck the age limit for all 3 of these folders. Finally, look at Blue Iris's Status window, Clip Storage tab, to verify that there is about 50 GB of free space unallocated, and if not, go back and tweak your alocation limits.

Owkaye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In that pie chart, the green space is free space on the drive that Blue Iris will not touch. The blue spaces are the amount you have set aside for Blue Iris to save recordings. Or, rather, it is the default size, because you have not set it up yet.
Thanks bp2008, I never noticed those disk space settings until you pointed them out to me. I took your advise and now I'm getting a more reasonable 13% disk space number.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is old news but my brother just pointed this out and I confirmed that when playing back a clip in reverse, the video's progression bar keeps moving forward. In other words.. if your going in reverse, pause it, and are counting on the progression bar to know where you are in the video..... it is no longer accurate, but further forward in the video. Hopefully that didn't sound too rambly =) I'm still on BI4.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is old news but my brother just pointed this out and I confirmed that when playing back a clip in reverse, the video's progression bar keeps moving forward. In other words.. if your going in reverse, pause it, and are counting on the progression bar to know where you are in the video..... it is no longer accurate, but further forward in the video. Hopefully that didn't sound too rambly =) I'm still on BI4.
Well this is embarrassing. I'll get it fixed for the next UI3 release, but you should be aware if you install the latest UI3 manually in BI4 then you can't delete more than one clip or alert at a time because the multi-delete method changed after BI 5 release.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jaceon Fixed in version 80. Just be aware multiple clip/alert deletion won't work in BI4.

bp2008/ui3

(manual installation instructions here: bp2008/ui3)

Version 80
  • Context menu code reworked to be compatible with iOS.
  • On iOS, the context menu trigger "right-click" is now an alias for "long press" (because right-click is impossible on a typical iOS device).
  • Fixed bug where the seek bar jittered a bit at the start of playback when using the HTML5 video player.
  • Fixed bug where the seek bar moved the wrong direction when playing clips in reverse using the HTML5 video player.
  • Fixed bug where tapping a dialog title bar after moving it on a touchscreen caused it to move further.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Freaky Fast Fix. Confirmed it's correct now. You the man, Thanks

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Jaceon Fixed in version 80. Just be aware multiple clip/alert deletion won't work in BI4.

bp2008/ui3

(manual installation instructions here: bp2008/ui3)

Version 80
  • Context menu code reworked to be compatible with iOS.
  • On iOS, the context menu trigger "right-click" is now an alias for "long press" (because right-click is impossible on a typical iOS device).
  • Fixed bug where the seek bar jittered a bit at the start of playback when using the HTML5 video player.
  • Fixed bug where the seek bar moved the wrong direction when playing clips in reverse using the HTML5 video player.
  • Fixed bug where tapping a dialog title bar after moving it on a touchscreen caused it to move further.
Thanks

Is that why there was an update for bi5? I notice there is not many or any updates for Bi4 so if you have bi4 best way to update iu3 is this method?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say BI 4 isn't going to get anymore updates. It hasn't had one in months. Manual update is the ONLY way to update UI3 in BI4 now, and as time goes on it is only going to get less and less compatible because I'm not maintaining backwards-compatibility with older BI releases.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say BI 4 isn't going to get anymore updates. It hasn't had one in months. Manual update is the ONLY way to update UI3 in BI4 now, and as time goes on it is only going to get less and less compatible because I'm not maintaining backwards-compatibility with older BI releases.
I agree. I am all ready with BI5 on 1 computer and just waiting for more stability and confirmation that it is 100% before switching all over. The remote connect with bi5 comps is worth the upgrade alone.

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using UI3 for a while now, but just recently installed it on a touchscreen android. Is there any way with touch gestures that you can cycle to the next camera, when you are looking at a full screen of a camera? For example, I have a view with 6 cameras, and by default, I see all 6 cameras. Then I select one of the cameras, and want to cycle through to the next 5 cameras in full screen mode. It appears there is a keyboard shortcut to go to the next camera, but nothing from a touch perspective to do this. Otherwise, selecting the camera brings me back to my view of 6 cameras. It's possible that this is an OS limitation, but wondering if anyone has a solution here.

Reaction score
Having trouble with UI3 and Chrome. When it loads it shows the loading components and it shows Loading Vector Graphics Fail. There is also a red box that says
Error Trying to load icons.svg
Response: 0 error
Error.

This is with BI 5. It worked fine with BI 4. Also it works fine with IE and Edge but using those it does not bring up that loading screen.
Have downloaded and installed the latest BI5 just now and also downloaded and installed the UI3-80 release and still no luck.

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@John Veldthuis

Hard to say what is wrong, except typically a response status code of 0 means a connection could not be established. I'd suspect any Chrome extensions you may have installed.

Are you sure you are loading UI3 in IE and Edge, not some other page?

Ian

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I have an issue using UI3 in Chrome. Previously it was working fine. I noticed yesterday that the cameras were showing but not as a live feed, each camera shows the time and it was not updating. A refresh of the browser window updated the times on the cameras but still not live updating. The text in the bottom left showing LIVE was showing the time updating.
I run BI on Server 2016 on a different PC. I am running Win 10 64bit on my desktop.
I wondered if it might be an issue with BI4 so I updated to BI5. Just the same.
Today I have re-installed Chrome. Just the same.
If I open UI3 in either Edge or Firefox it is live streaming as it should do. I can just leave it working in an another browser but as it is optimised for Chrome I would like to find out what the problem is.
I setup a test PC in a VM on my desktop and installed Chrome on that. It works fine on there. The VM is using the same network adapter as the desktop.
It seems to me it something in Chrome on just this PC.
Anybody got any thoughts?
Cheers

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Ian See if you have any extensions running in Chrome on the trouble PC, and disable all of them to see if it fixes it. Antivirus/antimalware programs have also been sometimes known to cause trouble with video streaming, although I can't explain why you would get one frame then have it freeze.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good choice. I forgot there was a + version of the pi 3. I was reading the other day there isn't likely to be a new faster pi for quite a while because they need to use a more advanced manufacturing process to get really any better. Pi is built with a 40nm process that is rather aged now, for reasons of the low level I/O it uses, apparently they can't just stick a more modern CPU in it without a lot of work.
They just came out with Pi 4:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/

Ian

n3wb
Reaction score
@Ian See if you have any extensions running in Chrome on the trouble PC, and disable all of them to see if it fixes it. Antivirus/antimalware programs have also been sometimes known to cause trouble with video streaming, although I can't explain why you would get one frame then have it freeze.
There were the usual google docs etc, which I have disabled, but nothing else.
I have also noticed that it is live in 'window' mode but it is 'full screen' where there is a problem.

Reaction score
@John Veldthuis

Hard to say what is wrong, except typically a response status code of 0 means a connection could not be established. I'd suspect any Chrome extensions you may have installed.

Are you sure you are loading UI3 in IE and Edge, not some other page?
Only extension in Chrome is LastPass. With IE & Edge I point them at the same address as Chrome and they work.