Blue Iris UI3

Owkaye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's not a security issue. I can use the rest of the UI3 interface in Silk as admin with no problem. My issue is only the failure to scroll the iframe that contains the alerts/clips list. If this list were contained in a regular frame rather than an iframe, maybe it would work. I found a couple references to Silk and iframes online, but not in any ipcamtalk.com forum, nor I did I find any definitive resolution to this issue.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Who told you the clip list was in an iframe? Are you sure you are using UI3? UI3 does not use frames or iframes.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
When I use ui3 on my iPhone with Chrome I can’t no matter how hard I try grab the scroll bar to scroll down the alerts list.

Is this a user error on my part or just a quirk of chrome on iOS?

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is this a UI3 issue or a Blue Iris issue? This is happening on Firefox on an iphone. Works fine on Android and on a computer using Chrome.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When I use ui3 on my iPhone with Chrome I can’t no matter how hard I try grab the scroll bar to scroll down the alerts list.

Is this a user error on my part or just a quirk of chrome on iOS?
You don't use scroll bars to scroll things on iOS. Drag upward on the clip list!

Is this a UI3 issue or a Blue Iris issue? This is happening on Firefox on an iphone. Works fine on Android and on a computer using Chrome.

That is a new one to me. I have no idea how it could have happened. Try manually installing UI3. Manual installation instructions are here: bp2008/ui3

The last version that is fully compatible with Blue Iris 4 is version 77 from here: bp2008/ui3

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok I just thought that getting to the bottom would be quicker if I could grab/drag the scroll bar.

XTREEMMAK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have Blue Iris set behind a reverse proxy using NGINX and while I'm able to get to the UI3 login page correctly, once I login, it seems the virtual directory is stripped from the URL. Once I put the virtual directory back in the URL, I get to the interface no problem. I'm not exactly sure what I need to change.

Again, everything is working fine except the login page. Hope I can find some clues to figuring this out. Also, I did not modify anything with the basic install (no ui3 overrides or subdirectories ect.).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you may need to remove or comment out that line which rewrites the /bi/ paths to not have /bi in them anymore. That is causing redirects and stuff to miss your proxy server.

XTREEMMAK

n3wb
Reaction score
Just for kicks, I edited the location block with just the proxy_pass and proxy_set_header, similar to what was posted on the Wiki to test it:

#---BLUE IRIS
location /bi/ {
proxy_pass http://192.168.10.23:8015/;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
#proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
#rewrite ^/bi/(.*) /$1 break;
#proxy_ignore_client_abort on;
#proxy_read_timeout 90;
#proxy_redirect http://192.168.10.23:8015 /bi/;
}

Pretty much the same result. "/bi/" is missing from the URL. I also made sure to use an incognito window and I tried on both Firefox and Chrome with the same result :(

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it possible to view the clips from hidden cameras in UI3?

I have cloned 3 cameras within BI, the main cameras send alerts on motion in a specified areas, the clones send no alerts but trigger on motion so that a recording is made if there is any motion in the entire frame. In order to not see duplicate cameras I've hidden the clones as I don't really need to see the duplicates but I still want to be able to view the clips from these cameras. Idea being that if the main camera alerts then I can cross reference the clips from the hidden clones.

My UI3 users are non admin and I've played around till blue (pardon the pun) in the face but the only way I can see the clips is to un-hide them but then I end up with duplicate cameras and hundreds of trigger notifications in the mobile app.

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put your cloned cameras into a new group. Refresh (ctrl-f5) the ui3 window. Select the newly created group in the Current Group dropdown box.

Edit: before you can select the new group you must tweak its settings to 'include hidden cameras'.
Edit2: Camera Groups and Webcasting info are in the BI5 help document starting on page 38.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
@Fubduck thanks that worked but ....

I now get them within UI3 and I also get them on the mobile app but on the mobile app I get a count of the number of times they have triggered which being in motion is a really high count.

Ideally, I'd like them not to show in the mobile count or if they show then I don't want the trigger count which for example is in the high 5000+ or I want them hidden in the mobile app but to be able to see them in UI3.

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fubduck thanks that worked but ....

I now get them within UI3 and I also get them on the mobile app but on the mobile app I get a count of the number of times they have triggered which being in motion is a really high count.

Ideally, I'd like them not to show in the mobile count or if they show then I don't want the trigger count which for example is in the high 5000+ or I want them hidden in the mobile app but to be able to see them in UI3.
You can limit the camera groups on a per user basis. Just edit a users settings to limit camera groups. Depending on what groups you have setup you may have to create a group for all the cameras you want a mobile user to see.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
@Fubduck you are a star :)

That has done it, so my normal Viewer account has the Clones group excluded which limits the trigger/alerts count to what I am interested in and I've now created another user who has access to all the groups.

Still learning so sorry for all the questions :)

XTREEMMAK

n3wb
Reaction score
Any other ideas that I could check as to why the base directory disappears on login? Mind you, it only does this on remote connections, not local.

lb88

n3wb
Reaction score
Found 2 bugs in ui3 82-85
1. Cannot click on an individual camera by single tapping in Firefox for Android
2. Cannot skip / seek through a clip in Firefox for Android

Everything has worked fine for me in ui3 81 and below

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, @lb88. The other day I installed FF for Android and noticed it had all kinds of touch event problems.

Recent Chrome bugs forced me to change a lot of internal touch event stuff otherwise pinch zoom was really unusable. Given what you've said about FF on Android working in UI3 81 and below, I guess these changes weren't compatible. It has been a bit of a nightmare honestly. I don't know where to go from here.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm going to have to plead ignorance on this, mostly because I am ignorant on this. :banghead:

I just installed Blue Iris a few weeks ago, and tried to use UI3 last night. I shouldn't have to install files like I read about with UI2, correct?

I went to the IP address and met a login screen. I tried to create a user in BI, but UI3 didn't accept it. And now I've "exceeded maximum login attempts." How/where can I reset this? What user name is it looking for?

I feel like these are basic questions, but I can't find much on UI3 that is this basic.