Blue Iris UI3

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. I don't control that. I just have UI3 play the sound when Blue Iris says to do it.

I don't know exactly. Probably upon initial motion sense, as you've said. There is a separate event for when a camera is triggered.
Thank you very much! I will see if I can make adjustments on Blue Iris.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First off.. Good work on UI3.
I like it for the most part! but just like all things.. somethings could be better. Mainly, its just the formatting..It doesn't use the space on the screen the greatest. is their anyway to have ui3 use all the space and not have these black bars along the side or along the top... see pics below..

It looks the same rather its in full screen or not..

IMG_1483.jpg
IMG_5250.jpg

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@gfaulk09

UI3 can't control the camera layout sent by Blue Iris. But you can, to some extent. Try changing the group frame size and see if you can get Blue Iris to produce a more agreeable layout. Here's how: UI3 Help
Is the multiples of 16 only for the first number or both? Any idea if it matters what frame size is best for a group of two cameras or is not specifying it the same? I'm assuming with 2 cams there is no way to fill up the screen. Sorry I've seen some of your other posts about frame size and was just curious as one of my groups has 2 cams in it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Both. It is not strictly necessary at all, though.

The ideal size for two cams is one that perfectly fits them both, either vertically or horizontally.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to automatically begin the playback of the next clip once one has ended? Or am I not seeing where that option is? I ask for this because my systems have clips divided into 1 hr segments instead of the default 8.

Perhaps for alerts, have an option to cycle through just the alerts in sequential order, with some settable buffer time between the alerts.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Millstone Yes, it is in the little settings menu you get while playing a clip. Autoplay.

No such thing for alerts, however you can use a hotkey to go to the next alert.

MarcK

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day. I'm running UI3 version 92, Blue Iris version 5.0.4.5 and having several problems viewing on a Mac (OS 10.14).

Chrome won't start at all -- just get a box with busy,busy,busy...
Safari starts and logs in. I'm on a local high speed LAN, but the display doesn't keep up with real time. It usually is up to a minute behind, and sometimes jumps back in time and replays old data.

I've not read all 116 pages of replys, but I did go back a few months and haven't seen this reported before.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MarcK Have you tried opening UI3 from a different computer? Any number of things can make UI3 fail to load. Usually it is a corrupt UI3 installation, which happens sometimes for unknown reasons. Reinstalling the latest BI update tends to fix those.

It is really strange that your video would become delayed and stranger still for it to replay old data. Normally if video gets delayed, UI3 will notice and show a big orange clock icon in the upper right of the video player, and then clicking that icon will tell you whether the delay is network-related or CPU-related.

MarcK

n3wb
Reaction score
Running from the BI computer (via 127.0.0.1) seems to work just fine. I don't have another Mac, but I'll try it from an iPad shortly.

MarcK

n3wb
Reaction score
on the iPad:
An unexpected error has occurred in /ui3.htm(v92 / 5.0.4.5). A full refresh may solve the problem (CTRL+F5). If you wish to report the error, please SCREENSHOT the browser now.
(copied, not screenshot):
SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'
at http://censored_hostname/login.htm?
page=%2Fui3%2Flibs-ui3.js%3Fv=92-5.0.4.5 [1:0]
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15)
AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/
13.0.1 Safari/605.1.15
Kaufman Home UI3.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that particular failure is tricky.

It shows that UI3's first script request got denied (redirected to login). This happens when Blue Iris does not receive a session string from the web browser, or if the session string is invalid or expired.

Here's the tricky part. You literally just logged in and got a new session and used it to load ui3.htm. So we know your session is not invalid, and is not expired. The only likely explanation therefore is that the session string did not get communicated to Blue Iris at all during this script request.

The session string would have been in an HTTP cookie. There are two reasons the cookie might not have reached Blue Iris.

Either:

1) The web browser might have cookies disabled, but lied to UI3 by telling UI3 that cookies are enabled. I haven't heard of this happening with a recent/modern browser, however it would be worth looking into the Safari settings to be sure that cookies are enabled.

or

2) A proxy server could have stripped the cookies out of the requests or responses. A proxy server could be something you set up like "stunnel" or "nginx" or it could be part of an antivirus / antimalware program that you installed on your mac and ipad, or on the Blue Iris PC, or maybe even on your router.

If you can figure out (and tell me) exactly what is causing the cookie to be lost, maybe I can reproduce the problem on my end and fix it. UI3 does have the ability to operate without cookies, but the way it is currently coded, it only activates this ability if the browser says that cookies are disabled. Which your browser did not do.

MarcK

n3wb
Reaction score
On the iPad, cookies are enabled. However, I had "Prevent Cross Site Scripting" turned on. Turning that off allows the connection.

On Safari on the Macbook, the screen seems to be about 2 minutes behind real time, most of the time. Again, this is a home LAN. I've Quit all applications except for Safari, and still get the very slow response. I do see the clock in the upper right and get a "video delay exceeds 60 seconds" message often. I know I've got enough bandwidth to run Netflix and Hulu.

I'm running BI on Windows 10. Did Microsoft screw up something in the network interface that slows things down? Most of the delays seem to have started after the latest major update.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the iPad, cookies are enabled. However, I had "Prevent Cross Site Scripting" turned on. Turning that off allows the connection.

On Safari on the Macbook, the screen seems to be about 2 minutes behind real time, most of the time. Again, this is a home LAN. I've Quit all applications except for Safari, and still get the very slow response. I do see the clock in the upper right and get a "video delay exceeds 60 seconds" message often. I know I've got enough bandwidth to run Netflix and Hulu.

I'm running BI on Windows 10. Did Microsoft screw up something in the network interface that slows things down? Most of the delays seem to have started after the latest major update.
2 minutes definitely is too long of a delay... is the processor maxed out?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What does it show if you click on the clock icon?

If it is the CPU warning, then the device you are running UI3 on is too slow for the video stream you are trying to view.

If it is the network warning, then it is either an actual network problem (wifi?) or your Blue Iris server's CPU could be too heavily loaded so that it is unable to produce the stream fast enough to keep up with the demand of it.

Not likely.

2 minutes definitely is too long of a delay... is the processor maxed out?
This is what I'm thinking.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Millstone Yes, it is in the little settings menu you get while playing a clip. Autoplay.

No such thing for alerts, however you can use a hotkey to go to the next alert.
OK so this isn't doing what I expected. It plays back the alert, then just keeps playing all the way to the end of the clip I guess, instead of skipping to the next alert.

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks bp for your nice work. I've said it before and again.
I came from legacy BI with jpegpull, totally useless!
Maybe this has already been asked,
Any chance of the speaker icon for "Event Triggered Icons". I know it is there for the alerts\clips, but I was hoping it could be part of the live view event icons. TIA