Blue Iris UI3

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry for the post if this is redundant and has been covered but I can't figure something out. I'm trying to adjust the all cam or group view resolution as shown in numerous forum posts and the Ui3 Help. For some reason my resolutions available only go up to 1600x1200. 1920x1080 isn't listed nor any resolutions higher than that. I feel like I'm missing a lot of options in this drop down. I get the same exact options on all 3 BI servers I have remote access to check and all 3 have different hardware / video setups. What am I doing wrong or missing? Thanks for the help!

Webcast.JPG

cusinmark

n3wb
Reaction score
This is how it came after updating from BI4 to BI5. I have also removed the (Program Files) to know avail.

cusinmark

n3wb
Reaction score
Two cameras recording totally different times from timestamp on camera and Blue Iris?, I have now deleted and set up the two cameras and i dont know why but i can now get the ui3 on Blue Iris Machine and all pc's which are all hardwired (LAN) in network. I have tried phone WIFI access to ip was denied and still not able to get onto blue Iris app
In Blue Iris Status, under connections, i can can now see the pc's have connected but colored red for phone.
Web server is working now i presume?
Nearly there:D

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help me with this one. I am trying to use the feature "Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered" in the BI console settings. I was expecting in UI3 to see one stationary screen until a camera is triggered, and then have that group appear as it would in an auto cycle, but that doesn't happen. I have all my camera groups set to participate in group cycle, and checked the box for "Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered" for each group, however UI3 just auto cycles through all the groups regardless of trigger or not, and I don't see any difference with this setting enabled or disabled. Am I missing something?

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED
So I get a full screen of all cameras, which stays on until a camera is triggered. After the motion sensing that group is displayed, it then returns to the All Cameras screen and waits again for the next one. Good news too, it does work with UI3!!!
In order to achieve what I was trying to do, the 'All Cameras' group must participate in the group cycle. that is where I made my mistake. I never had the 'All Cameras' group participate as the frames are too small to see from a distance. Not to be too long here, but for the benefit of anyone else who may get stuck on this here's the setup;

The 'All Camera's group MUST participate. This is counter intuitive to what the help file says earlier, "The All Camrera's group itself may or not participate". But for this to work it does indeed need to.
In the All Camera's group settings check on "Enable camera auto-cycle stream" . For this to work you must also have the following check boxes both in the All Camera's group AND all the individual camera groups.
"Participate in group cycle' ,
"Favor cameras/groups which are triggered or sensing motion""
and
"Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered".

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bp2008

This may be a bug or issue or just a simple misunderstanding.
In the UI3 (5.2.7.12) drop down for the current group, it lists hidden cameras, and will display hidden cameras if one is selected. An example of this is in the screen shot below. All my cameras that start with the name BK_ are hidden cameras. These cameras are clones of my primary cameras, they are used for writing the video to a NAS. I only have three groups, inside,outside, backup. All the BK_ cameras are in the group backup, the group backup should not display and video as all the cameras are hidden.

UI3_group.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@SouthernYankee That is working as intended. If you wanted to view any of the recordings made by one of the hidden cameras, you would need a way to select it.

I think hidden cameras are only visible to admin users. Not sure on that though.

mrfurious

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked and answered. It's a little hard to search this thread :)

Is it possible to craft a URL that will bring up UI3 on a particular camera at a particular time? For example, if I have a camera with the short name "CAM1" and I want to start playing video from Monday, June 1, 2020 2:05:00 PM in GMT time, which corresponds to unix timestamp 1591020300:

This would allow me to easily integrate with other systems to link into UI3.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@mrfurious Nope :) That isn't possible. Maybe some day if the Blue Iris developer decides to support timeline-based playback.

But right now doing such a thing would require a complex and error-prone process of loading a particular date range of clips and finding whatever clip supposedly includes the desired timestamp, and then seeking to the right time (which could be unknowable if you use combine&cut).

mrfurious

n3wb
Reaction score
@mrfurious Nope :) That isn't possible. Maybe some day if the Blue Iris developer decides to support timeline-based playback.

But right now doing such a thing would require a complex and error-prone process of loading a particular date range of clips and finding whatever clip supposedly includes the desired timestamp, and then seeking to the right time (which could be unknowable if you use combine&cut).
Ah, bummer.

Well, regardless, thanks for the prompt reply, and for developing UI3!