Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well heck. 4 cams with sub streams enabled and no high res set, it should have no problem doing 25 fps.

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, I can't pinpoint where the problem is. Network seems fine, it's all cat6 there was some cpu spiking that I pinpointed coming from having number plate recognition turned on for one camera, turned of and thats sorted....all the tweaking has brought cpu usage right down and mostly sits around 10%.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thats what I thought, I can't pinpoint where the problem is. Network seems fine, it's all cat6 there was some cpu spiking that I pinpointed coming from having number plate recognition turned on for one camera, turned of and thats sorted....all the tweaking has brought cpu usage right down and mostly sits around 10%.
Try creating a test group with a couple of cameras, enable group webcasting and see if you experience the same issue.

Reaction score
Lol...so got Home From work, looked at the suggestion from hikky_b and was about to create a Group when i had a massive face palm moment...hikky_b you were right it was my webcast settings, it was set on the default group and not the group i had created so i changed it from the Drop down menu accessed webcast settings and sure enough 5fps...change to 25 and footage on ui3 is smooth...really appreciate the help, thanks. (helps to take a break from a problem)

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol...so got Home From work, looked at the suggestion from hikky_b and was about to create a Group when i had a massive face palm moment...hikky_b you were right it was my webcast settings, it was set on the default group and not the group i had created so i changed it from the Drop down menu accessed webcast settings and sure enough 5fps...change to 25 and footage on ui3 is smooth...really appreciate the help, thanks. (helps to take a break from a problem)
Been there, done that! Glad you found the problem :)

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can i select a special cam to activate/deactivate Auto Maximize ? Not with groups. ? Thanks

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can i select a special cam to activate/deactivate Auto Maximize ? Not with groups. ? Thanks
You are not able to specify which cameras Auto Maximize. UI3 will maximize any camera that is triggered or detecting motion.

EyeOfSauron

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008, when displaying ui3 on iOS, there is no way to enable audio. Do you have any idea what the issue might be? AAC should be supported by the iOS browser, so I don't think it's a codec problem. The use case is monitoring cams via an iPad, which is an excellent platform for the task.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use iOS devices so I'm not really sure what the state of them is, but some features don't work. Open UI3's "About" window and see what it says about incompatible features.

To be clear, the missing features are due to Apple restricting the capabilities of the mobile safari web browser engine. Even if you download different web browsers you will probably find they have the same limitations because Apple will not allow any third-party web browser engine on iOS.

EyeOfSauron

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use iOS devices so I'm not really sure what the state of them is, but some features don't work. Open UI3's "About" window and see what it says about incompatible features.
Looks like it's complaining about AudioBuffer.copyToChannel not being supported.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it's complaining about AudioBuffer.copyToChannel not being supported.
That sounds familiar.

Blue Iris sends audio in a format invented about 50 years ago, and web browsers do not support it natively so I had to decode the audio in JavaScript and feed the raw audio buffers into the Web Audio API. iOS is the only major platform which doesn't allow this for reasons known only to Apple.

It would be technically possible to work around this by encoding the audio as AAC which even Apple's browser should be able to play natively, but that would be quite complex and inefficient, absolutely not worth my time.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have there been any recent changes that would cause my CPU to max at 100 when viewing through UI3? I started happening a few updates ago. If I stop viewing through UI3, it goes back to normal at about 30-40%. I do have all my cams setup to use the substream, is there a way to confirm UI3 is using all substreams?

Thx

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have there been any recent changes that would cause my CPU to max at 100 when viewing through UI3? I started happening a few updates ago. If I stop viewing through UI3, it goes back to normal at about 30-40%. I do have all my cams setup to use the substream, is there a way to confirm UI3 is using all substreams?

Thx
It may be a BI thing.. I just updated to the latest version and now BI is crashing about every minute and restarting. I haven't changed anything on the system.

EyeOfSauron

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris sends audio in a format invented about 50 years ago, and web browsers do not support it natively so I had to decode the audio in JavaScript and feed the raw audio buffers into the Web Audio API.
Yikes! After seeing their Android app, I am not surprised. Seems like they need some dev help with skills from this century.

Thanks for confirming it's nothing that I can fix, short of reimplementing the webui :D.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Upgrade to stable 5.4.3.12 two days ago and I'm getting errors in UI3 now complaining about "Alerts". Restarting the VM seems to fix it for a while, and then it happens again after several hours. Just restarted the VM and the problem came back immediately.

Any ideas? I've not emailed support yet.

Screenshot from 2021-05-02 10-13-51.png

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I had that problem with Amazon Fire's Silk. I switched to Chrome and it's been working fine. Don't look at me...

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I had that problem with Amazon Fire's Silk. I switched to Chrome and it's been working fine. Don't look at me...
So for me, its broken on Chome but I don't get any of those error messages with Firefox. Odd. I'm on Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit). I'll have to fire up my desktop to check with Edge since that is the only computer I have in the house that runs Windows.

But its definitely something that changed from 5.3.x to 5.4.x giving me issues. I still have my business running 5.3.x and my laptop (with Chrome) works perfectly when viewing those camera. Its only my home installation that I upgraded to stable 5.4.x that is causing the problems with the same laptop/browser combination.

Last edited: