Blue Iris UI3

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I keep getting momentary "orange clocks". I've watched the stats for nerds and the LIVE frame offset keeps climbing. As I was watching it went from ~8000ms to over 16000ms and that's when the "orange clock" popped up for a second or two. Everything else in stats looks good to great. Delayed frames in the 3-4 range, network delay at 0000ms, bit rate at ~1MB/ps, frame size 8-12k, inter frame time is under 100ms. Stream type is H264 as are all cameras.

Any idea why that might be happening, the "orange clock" popping periodically for a second or two?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@sebastiantombs It sounds like something is definitely wrong. The only things which trigger the orangle clock are high network delay and high player delay. I believe the two delay values are added together and if they exceed a certain threshold then the clock will appear.

So are you saying the Frame Offset counter jumped suddenly from about 8000ms to over 16000ms? If I am understanding correctly, that would mean something very strange is going on.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
No, it didn't jump, it just keeps rising as I watch it a few hundred ms at a time. There've been no changes to the BI machine, network or laptop other than updating BI as they come out, I'm a lab rat I guess. I want to say t started with 5.4.5.4 or .5 but can't remember. It's not really very important or bothersome at all, just makes me wonder if I'm missing something obvious, or oblivious. All the cameras are on straight Intel for HA.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, well I have no idea what is wrong then. If you feel like pursuing it further, please record a video showing it happening with the Stats for nerds panel open, and maybe have the task manager performance tab open too.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll see if I can do that this evening. I've got to go get a load of 3/4 blue stone and get it on the driveway before the next set of thunderstorms rolls through later today. That's a pickup truck worth with a shovel to unload.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe it is a current issue with BI. I also get 7-10s delay on audio when viewing previous clips. Live viewing does not show the same delay. Will report to Ken.

View attachment 91101
I am getting this delay too, anyone heard more about this? Maybe I should report too if it helps generate more interest in the issue

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am getting this delay too, anyone heard more about this? Maybe I should report too if it helps generate more interest in the issue
I'm seeing this too with UI3, seems to affect Chrome and Edge, on both PC and Android. If you pause and unpause the playback, the audio works. Very odd bug. Doesn't affect BI console itself for me.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BP2008,

Now we have DeepStack integrated into BI is it possible to have the alert clip preview full resolution so we can read the DeepStack tags or full resolution if you go to properties of the alert.

Thanks
Mike

1623189014783.png

1623189062376.png

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I keep getting momentary "orange clocks". I've watched the stats for nerds and the LIVE frame offset keeps climbing. As I was watching it went from ~8000ms to over 16000ms and that's when the "orange clock" popped up for a second or two. Everything else in stats looks good to great. Delayed frames in the 3-4 range, network delay at 0000ms, bit rate at ~1MB/ps, frame size 8-12k, inter frame time is under 100ms. Stream type is H264 as are all cameras.

Any idea why that might be happening, the "orange clock" popping periodically for a second or two?
I had this happening for months. I tweaked (and tweaked) the camera settings and BI video settings to no end. Finally, very recently, I ended up buying a more updated and much (MUCH) faster router (TP Link AX6000) and all of my orange clock issues went away. I didn't realize that my trusted and tried old router (WRT1900ac) was just not powerful enough to handle all of the stuff on my network, including my cameras. By tech standards I guess that was an old (and weak) router to handle my network load.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had this happening for months. I tweaked (and tweaked) the camera settings and BI video settings to no end. Finally, very recently, I ended up buying a more updated and much (MUCH) faster router (TP Link AX6000) and all of my orange clock issues went away. I didn't realize that my trusted and tried old router (WRT1900ac) was just not powerful enough to handle all of the stuff on my network, including my cameras. By tech standards I guess that was an old (and weak) router to handle my network load.
Your network should be configured so that when not viewing remotely either at home or when away, that no camera traffic goes through the switch on the router.
Simple setup: All Cameras plugged into POE switch. Bi computer plugged into same poe switch as cams. One cable from same Poe switch to the router.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 When viewing cancelled alerts within BlueIris, you can right click and mark as Confirmed if there was a false negative with AI integration. Is this something that is possible to add to UI3 as well or is there no API for that.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your network should be configured so that when not viewing remotely either at home or when away, that no camera traffic goes through the switch on the router.
Simple setup: All Cameras plugged into POE switch. Bi computer plugged into same poe switch as cams. One cable from same Poe switch to the router.
Hmm, I might be missing something basic here. All my cams are connected to a PoE switch.,This switch is connected to the router. The router also has two other connections, i.e. one to a non-POE switch and one to the computer that records all the videos from the cams. So am I doing something wrong?