Blue Iris UI3

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just tested this with Microsoft Edge and it's working great:
1634951545978.png

I'm running BI with Stunnel using a ZeroSSL certificate.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not, my mistake I thought it will work without HTTPS
Nope, that is the whole point of the issue I linked on github earlier. To get the Chrome developers to reconsider allowing WebCodecs to be used without HTTPS hosting, because it is impractical for applications exactly like Blue Iris.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that HTTPS is difficult to set up properly so that you don't get browser warnings when you connect. If Blue Iris were to switch to HTTPS hosting by default, then suddenly almost all users would have to click through a warning page from their web browser in order to load UI3. This would be confusing for most users, who do not understand technology enough to even know where the warning came from, let alone why it is there.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick update question. How often do people apply BI Updates? I have BI updates coming to my inbox through the forum but it seems there's a new update almost everyday. I always thought the mindset on here was if it ain't broke don't fix it. Does eveyone do daily updates?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick update question. How often do people apply BI Updates? I have BI updates coming to my inbox through the forum but it seems there's a new update almost everyday. I always thought the mindset on here was if it ain't broke don't fix it. Does eveyone do daily updates?
I only run his stable version. I think the last stable is from August. I never run his latest version as they are riddled with bugs.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've gone both ways, latest stable version and updated every time. I usually update to the latest version regularly but have had to roll back if there's a problem. Given it's a point and click operation, with maybe a reboot, it's not a big deal to me to be on the bleeding edge.

Reaction score
Is anyone else seeing... where you hover over the alerts on the left... some cameras show the gif of the video at normal size... but then others are like full screen... This is a recent issue.. Even on the same camera... sometimes you hover over and the gifs are normal size (the normal size since i can remember on ui3) and then later other clips will be like 3/4s of the screen... I cannot figure it out.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@mrfrankmrfrank @sebastiantombs That is an recent change in UI3.

It was done because deepstack can make annotations on a high-res JPEG file associated with the alert. Things like drawing a box around an object and labeling it "person 96%" or whatever. At the small size, these annotations were not typically legible. So now when Blue Iris indicates it has a Hi-res JPEG file associated with an alert, UI3 will load that at full resolution instead of the smaller thumbnail when you mouse over the alert. This is configured in Blue Iris Camera Properties > Trigger. But perhaps deepstack integration can also cause these images to be created? I've never actually used deepstack.

1635434437794.png

There are also some new settings related to the preview animation, including the ability to turn off the animation when a high resolution JPEG is found (in order to actually give the user time to read deepstack's annotations).

1635434757045.png

If needed, I suppose I could add another setting that prevents the Hi-res JPEG from being shown at all, so the preview will just always be normal size.

Reaction score
@mrfrankmrfrank @sebastiantombs That is an recent change in UI3.

It was done because deepstack can make annotations on a high-res JPEG file associated with the alert. Things like drawing a box around an object and labeling it "person 96%" or whatever. At the small size, these annotations were not typically legible. So now when Blue Iris indicates it has a Hi-res JPEG file associated with an alert, UI3 will load that at full resolution instead of the smaller thumbnail when you mouse over the alert. This is configured in Blue Iris Camera Properties > Trigger. But perhaps deepstack integration can also cause these images to be created? I've never actually used deepstack.

View attachment 106349

There are also some new settings related to the preview animation, including the ability to turn off the animation when a high resolution JPEG is found (in order to actually give the user time to read deepstack's annotations).

View attachment 106351

If needed, I suppose I could add another setting that prevents the Hi-res JPEG from being shown at all, so the preview will just always be normal size.
Yea I'm not sure what the best solution is... I don't currently run deepstack (but plan to in the future) I understand the need for the larger images to read the annotations. I quite liked the smaller preview animations as it was easy to mouse over and scroll through several. With the current behavior it is semi-jarring to scroll through and go from small to large small to large... My eyes have to refocus to a larger image and then back to the alerts list to hover over the next alert.