Blue Iris UI3

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I was messing around with adding a camera last night, and when I went to check the Alerts, I had a "Failed to load" error. Alerts were working fine after adding the camera, but decided to quit at some point in the process.

alertlist response did not indicate "success" result: {"result":"fail","session":"10be01ee6bcb41660dcc60f173886f6f","data":{"reason":"Camera or group not found"}}

It shows this for any camera or group. Any thoughts? Alerts show fine in BI proper. v5.7.7.14

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I was messing around with adding a camera last night, and when I went to check the Alerts, I had a "Failed to load" error. Alerts were working fine after adding the camera, but decided to quit at some point in the process.

alertlist response did not indicate "success" result: {"result":"fail","session":"10be01ee6bcb41660dcc60f173886f6f","data":{"reason":"Camera or group not found"}}

It shows this for any camera or group. Any thoughts? Alerts show fine in BI proper. v5.7.7.14
Very puzzling. I've never seen that error before. I wonder if it was already fixed and you are just on a buggy version.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Very puzzling. I've never seen that error before. I wonder if it was already fixed and you are just on a buggy version.
I have been on this version for a while and have not had any issues with it. The only thing I can think of that I did prior to Alerts (and all other ways to get video in UI3) stopping working was a I renamed the camera in BI.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I just did a reload on the page in Firefox and it populated the clips. :idk:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
All I can suggest then is to export the camera settings for the new cam and delete the cam. If it does not fix the problem, you can import the cam back in. Either way, probably warrants contacting BI support.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bp2008 I am having an issue with the alerts loading when switching to different camera groups, it takes about a minute to load. I am on UI3 version 251 and Blue Iris version: 5.7.9.1

1692014867257.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

I have the same problem with the alert list often loading very slowly since at least a few versions ago. Sometimes it also affects clip lists. Sometimes the clip list loads fast. I can't really figure out a pattern. I haven't reported it to BI support yet because I wanted to try database repair/regenerate, but that did not solve the problem yesterday so today I'll be reporting the issue.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

I have the same problem with the alert list often loading very slowly since at least a few versions ago. Sometimes it also affects clip lists. Sometimes the clip list loads fast. I can't really figure out a pattern. I haven't reported it to BI support yet because I wanted to try database repair/regenerate, but that did not solve the problem yesterday so today I'll be reporting the issue.
This even happens on the mobile app. I rolled back to version 5.7.8.2 until it’s fixed.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1

Thanks @bp2008 I also tried database repair/regenerate and no change.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I investigated some more this morning and it looks like the true problem is that the alert list response size is no longer capped. In the recent past, it used to only return 1000 items. Now it returns everything, and the BI code is very much not optimized to return large alert lists like this, so it is slow. My measurements indicate that the alert list response gets exponentially slower as it grows, so for example on my system an alert list of 66k alerts takes 7 seconds, but an alert list of 164k alerts takes 37 seconds. Probably this was an accidental change and now that I've reported the issue to BI support I would expect it to be fixed soon.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I investigated some more this morning and it looks like the true problem is that the alert list response size is no longer capped. In the recent past, it used to only return 1000 items. Now it returns everything, and the BI code is very much not optimized to return large alert lists like this, so it is slow. My measurements indicate that the alert list response gets exponentially slower as it grows, so for example on my system an alert list of 66k alerts takes 7 seconds, but an alert list of 164k alerts takes 37 seconds. Probably this was an accidental change and now that I've reported the issue to BI support I would expect it to be fixed soon.
@bp2008 It looks like Ken fixed the slow alert loading in version: 5.7.9.3. Thanks for reporting the issue.