Blue Iris Version 5 is right around the corner!

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, but unfortunately, I can't really use the BI console for daily driving/reviewing. It's a headless PC in a closet. The only access I have is with VNC/Teamviewer, and the latency (even on the the LAN) makes scrubbing too jerky. I rely on UI3 - which is good when the clips aren't so long.
try windows rdp.
Set remote viewing to unrestricted on the options/camera page.
+To @fenderman 's recommendation. I use Windows Remote Desktop Connection to the BI PC on the same network, gigabit LAN (not wireless!). Sometimes I even forget that I am connected to a remote PC. In "Experince" tab under "Performance" manually set connection speed to "LAN".

RobF

n3wb
Reaction score
One observation that I am chalking up to the BETA is I can't set a cam to record continuous. I make the change and when I hit Ok, I see it change back to triggered. Not complaining but thought I would pass this along.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
+To @fenderman 's recommendation. I use Windows Remote Desktop Connection to the BI PC on the same network, gigabit LAN (not wireless!). Sometimes I even forget that I am connected to a remote PC. In "Experince" tab under "Performance" manually set connection speed to "LAN".

Would love to give it a try, but my Win10 is home, and apparently that means it's been crippled to eliminated RDP. It appears there is a workaround, but I haven't had the time to research and implement it. But both of you have piqued my curiosity.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
One observation that I am chalking up to the BETA is I can't set a cam to record continuous. I make the change and when I hit Ok, I see it change back to triggered. Not complaining but thought I would pass this along.
I also see this.

dmiller

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would love to give it a try, but my Win10 is home, and apparently that means it's been crippled to eliminated RDP.
I'm no microsoft fan, but IMO it is fairer to say that you haven't paid for remote desktop when you purchased windows home. Most software is an incredible value considering the effort involved in making it. Including BI.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you have the key to an unused version of Win7 or Win8 pro - you can use it to upgrade Win10 from Home to Pro

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
The latest 5.00.27 includes the new help file. Interesting reads in it....if you can't wait :)

Annotation 2019-05-20 145322.jpg

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bought right 5 minutes ago the Extended Support plan for my Basic Expired BI 4.8.6.2 :)

After 15minutes the mail with the new serial number is arrived.
The question is: The new license will start from now, or when I'll type the serial in the software?

Last edited:

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is the new Support key, not the program License Key.
Enter it now and you will see the new support expiration date on the options page.

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
code entered and upgraded from 4.8.6.2 to 4.8.6.3

In Option menu tells I'm Version 5 Eligible. This means that from 1st June I can upgrade to V5?

Last edited:

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, you can upgrade for no additional cost when v5 is available.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm eligible. But I'll let you guys Guinea Pig it for me for a while before I upgrade myself.

Oh. Did I say that out loud? ;)

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm eligible. But I'll let you guys Guinea Pig it for me for a while before I upgrade myself.
I hear you, I'm the same way. I'll let these brave people try it before I jump in, same as with all the upgrades in BI4. Yeah I'm a chickensh*t.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are already using BI5 for awhile and not seeing any issues. It doesn't seem like a big risk.

lb88

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are already using BI5 for awhile and not seeing any issues. It doesn't seem like a big risk.
I'm having an issue with the program being unable to stream clips in bi 5. I can view the live stream in ui3 but it comes to a standstill if i click on a clip. i have also had bi 5 freeze on me and crash . bi 4 does not have these issues.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the program being unable to stream clips in bi 5. I can view the live stream in ui3 but it comes to a standstill if i click on a clip. i have also had bi 5 freeze on me and crash . bi 4 does not have these issues.
I was wondering about ui3. I guess waiting is a good idea. :)