Blue Iris version 5

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"As prices for new licenses may increase, it will likely be more economical to purchase a new license or support and maintenance plan before June 1."

Curious about how much the price may increase, and what new features it will get / have :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine the new price hasn't been decided yet. I believe the price went from $50 to $60 when BI 4 was released, though now I'm having trouble finding a record of this. As for new features, it sounds like those will be teased in the upcoming 2 months.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I imagine the new price hasn't been decided yet. I believe the price went from $50 to $60 when BI 4 was released, though now I'm having trouble finding a record of this. As for new features, it sounds like those will be teased in the upcoming 2 months.
On 1/3/15 I paid $29.97 to upgrade from 3 to 4. Version 4 had over a 4 year run.
My original purchase was 4/26/12 and IIRC version 3 had not been out very long.

Reaction score
Hmm. The press release said beginning today a purchase of v4 includes a free upgrade. I bought v4 last week. Am I not entitled to a free upgrade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. The press release said beginning today a purchase of v4 includes a free upgrade. I bought v4 last week. Am I not entitled to a free upgrade?
The author of Blue Iris doesn't participate on this forum. You might want to shoot him an email with that question using the Contact Support feature in the Options section of Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Nope, just like any other software.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
According to Blue Iris Support, new licenses get 30 days of major version upgrade protection (e.g. free upgrade if a major version is released within 30 days). He's already stretching that to approximately double by offering the free upgrade back to April 1st with a planned major version release date of June 1st.

mega_ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the discounted version for sale in IP Cam Talk store of version 4 also qualify for the free version 5 upgrade if bought between now and June 1?

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Purchased via IPCT on March 23 and todays update displays not Version 5 eligible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Purchased via IPCT on March 23 and todays update displays not Version 5 eligible.

That makes sense because it only applies to purchases on or after April 1, 2019 as explained in the note.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Missed it by a week! Oh well will see and buy the upgrade I guess. Well worth it.

Wouldn't you still be eligible for the free upgrade since you have extended support for one year with your purchase ? Maybe the extended support is not included for one year on new license anymore....it did when I bought mine back in 2014.

For older purchases, the upgrade is also complimentary if you have added Extended or Priority support to your license expiring after June 1 (see the Options page in the software for this information).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you still be eligible for the free upgrade since you have extended support for one year with your purchase ? Maybe the extended support is not included for one year on new license anymore....it did when I bought mine back in 2014.

For older purchases, the upgrade is also complimentary if you have added Extended or Priority support to your license expiring after June 1 (see the Options page in the software for this information).
You get basic support with a purchase