Blue Iris Video Tutorials

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm. Getting the same message. Absolutely can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’m pretty positive I’ve subbed all the right stuff into that line of commands.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. Getting the same message. Absolutely can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’m pretty positive I’ve subbed all the right stuff into that line of commands.
Post in that thread about this problem and we can figure it out.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I wanted to give a quick update on my upcoming video: Zones/Hotspots and Zone Crossing - This has been a very extensive video to make. I have spend multiple hours of recording video during conditions that were favorable to not only tell you about how a function work but SHOW you how it works in real time. I have had to wait for very windy days at my house to show different examples of how to eliminate false triggers. I'm sure you guys will like the results. In the meantime I will be releasing hopefully tomorrow a video I made on "Object Detection: Object Travel & Exceeds"

Thank you all for watching :D

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I wanted to give a quick update on my upcoming video: Zones/Hotspots and Zone Crossing - This has been a very extensive video to make. I have spend multiple hours of recording video during conditions that were favorable to not only tell you about how a function work but SHOW you how it works in real time. I have had to wait for very windy days at my house to show different examples of how to eliminate false triggers. I'm sure you guys will like the results. In the meantime I will be releasing hopefully tomorrow a video I made on "Object Detection: Object Travel & Exceeds"

Thank you all for watching :D
Thank you for the hard work. Appreciated

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tutorials , I was wondering if you could do one on using multiple hard drives like one for new and another hard drive for storage?

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tutorials , I was wondering if you could do one on using multiple hard drives like one for new and another hard drive for storage?
I do plan on doing a Clips and Archiving video! To understand your request you want to know how to save a set amount of video on one hard drive.... then at a certain point move that video to another drive? Are you wanting to do this because you have for example (2) 1 TB drives and you are wanting to utilize both drives capacity as a 2TB drive? Or something else?

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
I do plan on doing a Clips and Archiving video! To understand your request you want to know how to save a set amount of video on one hard drive.... then at a certain point move that video to another drive? Are you wanting to do this because you have for example (2) 1 TB drives and you are wanting to utilize both drives capacity as a 2TB drive? Or something else?
Exactly :)

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Np I can show how to do this. In a future video

If you have 3 drives total (Main drive with your operating system on) and 2 drives for video storage then I recommend spanning/combining those two storage drives into one drive instead. You have to have the third drive with your operating system separate because combining drives required a format.

If you want info on how to do this and you have 2 spare drives in your setup send me a PM and I'll walk you through this

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for all your videos. I really appreciate them. Can't wait to see the zones/hotspots and zone crossing video.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great job on the videos @Dasstrum! Produced very well. I know this takes a lot of time to generate all this. Maybe another idea for topic would be @bp2008 remote live view UI2 and UI3 tool. Maybe politely post your paypal email. I would donate, and sounds like a few other people would too. Keep up the good work.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great job on the videos @Dasstrum! Produced very well. I know this takes a lot of time to generate all this. Maybe another idea for topic would be @bp2008 remote live view UI2 and UI3 tool. Maybe politely post your paypal email. I would donate, and sounds like a few other people would too. Keep up the good work.

I like the idea of UI2/3 video! I can definitely do one of those soon. As for the PayPal if you guys want to donate something then it's dasstrum@gmail.com.

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dasstrum thank you for all your efforts BI is not easy to use and understanding some of the most intricate details in a video format is a very welcome opportunity for all of us novices. I know for sure that I am not using BI to its fullest capacity. These videos will help all of us understand much better the capability of BI.

BIG thanks

Trahaj

n3wb
Reaction score
I do plan on doing a Clips and Archiving video!
This would be very helpful. It seems that no matter what video option I use on the record tab, I always miss the 'trigger' item. For example when set to 'When Triggered" I always miss the first few seconds. I currently have one camera set to continuous and cut every hour and it works like you'd expect... until a trigger happens, then it cuts the clip and I lose 15 seconds or so. I see the trigger thumbnail in alerts, but can't see it in clip playback. Looking forward to your video as all the previous ones have really helped dial in my setup.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
This would be very helpful. It seems that no matter what video option I use on the record tab, I always miss the 'trigger' item. For example when set to 'When Triggered" I always miss the first few seconds. I currently have one camera set to continuous and cut every hour and it works like you'd expect... until a trigger happens, then it cuts the clip and I lose 15 seconds or so. I see the trigger thumbnail in alerts, but can't see it in clip playback. Looking forward to your video as all the previous ones have really helped dial in my setup.
On your record tab do you have pre trigger checked? Usually a second or two will catch it.

Trahaj

n3wb
Reaction score
On your record tab do you have pre trigger checked? Usually a second or two will catch it.
Yeah.. I have played with all the settings. I was up to +4sec pre-trigger and didn't seem to do what I needed. I just figured I'd set it up incorrectly... and the help file isn't very helpful. I have a feeling that Dasstrum's video will get me sorted (when it happens). :)

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah.. I have played with all the settings. I was up to +4sec pre-trigger and didn't seem to do what I needed. I just figured I'd set it up incorrectly... and the help file isn't very helpful. I have a feeling that Dasstrum's video will get me sorted (when it happens). :)
Two things, Make sure your "Cut video when triggered with break time" is not checked in your "record" tab. Second thing is under your motion detection settings make sure that your "Make Time" is set to less than 1 second.

If these two things don't work then I recommend removing the camera and adding it back in.

My next video is going to be on Zone crossing.
After that: Record Tab (as requested)
Then: Clips and Archiving

Thanks again all for watching and the support :D