Blue Iris Video Tutorials

Discussion in 'Blue Iris' started by Dasstrum, Sep 30, 2017.

Share This Page

1. cali_guy_0024

cali_guy_0024 Young grasshopper

Video 8. Triggers: Object Detection is awesome. Thank you for putting these together.

Dasstrum likes this.
  2. dryfly

dryfly Getting the hang of it

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to put the videos together. I've used BI for a couple of years but the learning curve has been steep for me. I've watched most of the videos several times, and look forward to any others you may be producing.

My only complaint on BI is the documentation. It's written more for those that have some experience with VMS, not first timers like me.

Dasstrum likes this.
  3. giomania

giomania IPCT Contributor

I was wondering the same thing, but you mentioned in the video that performances is improved if you have an SSD. Thoughts?

4. Dasstrum

Dasstrum IPCT Contributor

New Video! Receiving text/picture messages on camera motion!

5. giomania

@Dasstrum

What about post #103, above, where you mentioned in the video that performances is improved if you have an SSD. Thoughts?

6. Dasstrum

Having a SSD for your main drive improves performance. Things like clip playback on the app are noticeably faster and faster to respond then a regular hard drive.

7. giomania

Yes, of course, but in the other quoted post, @Vettester asked:

Just curious as to why you have your new clips stored in the same directory as your database? The default settings have these stored in separate directories. Not sure if it matters or not, but I would think it would be safer to have the database separated from everything else.

8. Dasstrum

I answered that question above already.

Honestly there is no particular reason for mine being in same folder. That's just how I have mine setup - There is no benefit that I know of keeping them in same folder vs different folders if they are on the same drive.

9. giomania

Okay

I just thought that might result in faster access from a given clip on the SSD vs the same clip on the HDD, once moved there.

I’m not sure if the amount of writes to the SSD given your setup is a concern or not these days.

Thanks for these videos; they are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jazzy1

jazzy1 Getting the hang of it

Continue to love these excellent tutorials!

Couple questions:
    1) I have a PTZ that I want to do a sort of patrol of 3 or 4 different preset locations and take a snapshot periodically like maybe every couple hours in addition to its usual scheduled position (I have it set at one preset during day and another preset during night)..is that do-able? how could I do that?...clone the PTZ or something?
    2) I have an indoor cam that is great during daytime, but at night the reflection off window renders it useless...to set it to trigger only during daytime hours is that just a matter of setting "schedule" up properly?

11. cali_guy_0024

cali_guy_0024 Young grasshopper

I'm wondering if there's a way to have different motion sensitivity for each zone. Something simple like having high sensitivity on my driveway, middle sensitivity on the sidewalk, and lower sensitivity on the road.

12. Dasstrum

1. Snapshot periodically can be done in record settings under JPEG snapshot each (mm:ss). As far as a patrol I'm fairy certain this can only be done on the camera configuration.

2. If I understand your question you just want a trigger during day and no trigger at night? Yes this is done with setting up a schedule.

13. Dasstrum

Unfortunately no... this is a feature that I REALLY would want. Only way around this is to clone the camera.

fenderman likes this.
  14. Mick Dixon

Mick Dixon n3wb

I dropped on your How to video's on you tube, and they are awsome, very easy to understand to a total novice and not having to search the web for info.

Keep up the good work

Dasstrum likes this.
  15. jazzy1

jazzy1 Getting the hang of it

any chance of a tutorial for how to automate uploading of alerts or flagged to a cloud service like Google Photos or Onedrive or Dropbox?

16. Dasstrum

handinpalm and awsum140 like this.
  17. Dasstrum

This is a very specific thing that I feel most people are not going to do. But how you would do this would be through clips and archiving and set the storage locations to the google photo directory or drive.

jazzy1 likes this.
  18. ccattie

ccattie n3wb

These have been amazing for me! Thank you so much. Subscribed to your channel too!
    -c

Dasstrum likes this.
  19. gotitmadecij

gotitmadecij n3wb

Great videos!! ,If you're taking suggestions ,how bout a video on step by step VPN installs. I have been studying this and don't have a clue where to begin.

Dasstrum and giomania like this.
  20. Terk

Terk Pulling my weight

Thanks, these videos will save me a lot of time with changes I now know I want to make based on these, and would have saved me a lot of time on originally setting it up and figuring out motion recordings if I had found them sooner. Like gotitmadecij said a video on VPN installs and stunnel would be nice to see why one over the other. It took me a few hours to figure out stunnel and get it working correctly when I did it, thanks.

Does flagging a clip in the iOS app still work, when I hold a clip in the app the bar on the left just flickers but I never get the flag icon, if I tap the clip or slide it to the left it plays.

Thanks.