Blue Iris Video Tutorials

Discussion in 'Blue Iris' started by Dasstrum, Sep 30, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Dasstrum

Dasstrum IPCT Contributor

I'm not going to do any videos on vpn or stunnel. Little out of the scope of what I wanted to cover. As for the iOS app yes it still works. I'm using version 1.59.06 and it works fine. You have to be in the clip or alert list. Sliding left for me gives the option to delete the clip

2. Terk

Terk Pulling my weight

Thanks, it ended up being the ID I was using for the mobile app had all of the rights except administrator and that seems to be needed to flag clips since it works after getting that permission.

3. Dasstrum

So someone inadvertently found a pretty big mistake on my Object Detection video. The 2 squares I drew on the screen at 4:17 are NOT 21% and 16.7% but rather they are 3.5% and 2.8%

When I made the video I had the numbers written down for a 480x720 image which is 345,600 pixels in total but when I made the video the image was at 1920x1080 which is a total of 2,073,600.

So when I did the math of 223x319 square = 71,137 I divided that by the 345,600 pixels = 21% NOT the 2,073,600 which it should have been.

I can't edit the video without creating a whole new one so I just updated the description.

SIDE NOTE: I have been meaning to make more videos but have a lot going on. I am going to make a geofencing video soon and should have it out in the next few days!

Terk, mycoma and awsum140 like this.
  4. BobbyBrown

BobbyBrown n3wb

I too thank you for these tutorials. I am setting up a schedule from 7-8 AM but my PTZ patrol is taking over and moving the camera I am setting up during the hour that I want it to remain still. Is there something I need to do to stop that function from overriding my delay, which I want to resume after 8AM ?
    Thanks in advance.

5. sc6pt0

sc6pt0 Getting the hang of it

Yes, thank you very much for these tutorials. I have been watching these to get everything setup correctly on my system. So far with the help of this, I've been able to setup zones crossings in an area where I get a lot of wind triggered alerts. Have cut those down drastically! Scheduling, motion detection and your other videos are of great help. I hope you keep uploading new ones.

Dasstrum likes this.
  6. Jaxon

Jaxon Getting the hang of it

Your videos really are top notch, and I sincerely appreciate them.

Dasstrum likes this.
  7. jazzy1

jazzy1 Getting the hang of it

Could you possibly do a video on how to automatically backup "ALERTS" and "FLAGGED" to Google Drive or icloud or Dropbox?
    ...I worry that as hard drive space runs out and stuff gets overwritten, i won't be able to look back in the future when I need to see some particular event.

8. sr80

sr80 n3wb

Your videos saved me a lot of time and frustration with figuring out profiles/scheduling. Thank you!

Dasstrum likes this.
  9. Dasstrum

Ok guys, I'm back from vacation and finished with this semester of classes so I should have a little more free time to make some new videos :)

giomania, handinpalm and awsum140 like this.
  10. DigitalADHD

DigitalADHD Young grasshopper

Like the others here, I truly appreciate the time you have taken, and the quality of the content in your videos. Thank you!

Dasstrum likes this.
  11. danbutter

danbutter Getting the hang of it

I have learned a lot from your videos... they are much appreciated.
    I have a request about your zone crossing videos. Could you do something with crossing multiple zones?
    I'm trying to do a AB>C type thing and it doesn't work like I'd expect. Not sure what to tweak. Or if there is a setting for how long to monitor a particular zone or??

12. Dasstrum

New Video: Web Interface (UI3)

flynreelow, Carver, spencnor and 3 others like this.
  13. Dasstrum

I might make a part 2 to this video showing some more advanced things you can do if you guys think it would be beneficial

smole, awsum140 and bp2008 like this.
  14. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Just one note so far, there's no reason to censor local IP address numbers unless it is just to keep clueless people from copying yours verbatim into their own browser and complaining that it doesn't work :)

15. Dasstrum

Yeah true... just use to blurring sensitive stuff but your right

16. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Great video. People who like to learn from YouTube should be all over this.

fenderman, giomania and Dasstrum like this.
  17. Dasstrum

Hopefully this video doesn't create more questions than it answers lol

jrf, 00Buck, giomania and 3 others like this.
  18. FrankOceanXray

FrankOceanXray Getting the hang of it

Thank you. I am in need of a total system tune up and learning of BI. Still have not addressed by 6TB drive add on not being recognized or recorded to.

Fenderman helped me early on, months ago with an errant click (turned off H.265). I appreciate him and you for helping out the community.

Back to lurking.

Dasstrum likes this.
  19. Dasstrum

New Video: Cloning cameras.... WHY?

jrf, 00Buck, fenderman and 1 other person like this.
  20. jazzy1

jazzy1 Getting the hang of it

Awesome video as always!!....you mentioned a Zwave wireless device sensor for inside the mailbox...what kind would work? I was wondering if you might be able to do a tutorial video for hooking up a wireless such device and/or external motion sensor??...I know it wouldn't be specific to Blue Iris more than what you demonstrated in this video but would be a huge help to many people I think who want to add extra functionality to Blue Iris.....I've had a tonne of mail theft so this would be truly awesome to set up...