Blue Iris will not install

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I would imagine most Lorex (at least the onvif and hikvision rebrands) would allow recording without internet access. Which Lorex of yours isnt working?

Reaction score
they are FXC33V model Mike, wifi only, no ethernet port, tried running the “secure” program from Lorex but will not work without internet. Lorex support said to return them, but if you gentlemen know of a way to get them to work, i will keep them
pic of info off camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you can't install them without a router? Internet and a router are 2 different needs, you can still have a wireless network with a router without having internet access. A brief glance at the cameras shows that it may be possible, but it may not, idk. I would assume yes.

Regardless, you don't want to use wifi cameras for a real security system. Focus your energy on installing better cameras. Shoot @EMPIRETECANDY a PM and grab a couple of starlights, you'll be happy you did.

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+1 for Mike's last comment.

I'm a noob & dont know much but I've done a LOT of research before gathering the parts for my install and one thing rings out true across all ive read :

If it's for security, wifi isn't the course to follow.

Wired every time

Actually I figure that wired IP cameras with POE is actually easier in the long run.

A wireless camera still needs power even if the data/pictures are sent wirelessly. A decent exterior grade cable (I'm using Cat6 External) does both power supply & data return.

Plus you get to figure out how to put ethernet plugs onto cables

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you Bigfoot, and the six cameras i have around the perimeter of the house are all POE cams, i just got a good deal on these and thought I would mount them on corners of the shed which has power, via solar, but i would have to dig a trench a 1000’ to run cat6. but you know ehat they say about best laid plans

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for your input on this, I also do not have internet on my pc using blue iris and it ended up being the date and time were not correct that fixed it for me. Thank you to Mike for the solution!! I hope this helps someone else who is in need just as I was.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
If Lorex is still OEM'ing Dahua cams, then yes, it'll work fine. I would run a local NTP server on your BI machine as well and have all the cams pull time from that.
while your PC time may drift without internet access to keep it in sync, at least the cams will drift in sync with the server...