Blue Iris won't authenticate in web browser

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After updating to the latest version of Blue Iris 4 today ( April 16, 2017) I can no longer authenticate to Blue Iris through a web browser. canyouseeme.org returns a success. The login dialog will come up but every time I enter the password it kicks me back out to the login. I tried this in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer ( in private/incognito modes as well). Screen shot below:

upload_2017-4-16_10-16-50.png

I have tried disabling the firewall, different accounts, changing the password, removing the password and disabling web server authentication with no resolve. The server is running on Win 10 Pro.

upload_2017-4-16_10-16-55.png

Attachments

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have also confirmed it will not login using the remote access IP address or the blue Iris phone app. I uninstalled the latest copy and installed an older copy I had from January 2017 ( Release 4.4.9.7) and now it works! There seems to be a bug in the latest release 4.5.3.3 causing the web brower authentication to fail. Blue Iris is not easy to roll back, first export the settings file and make sure you have a copy of your license key. Then you have to remove the program from Add/Remove programs. I did not select the option to delete my license key but it did it anyway. Then install the older copy and you have to insert the license key and import the settings file. Then it all worked!

XSideas

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had the same issue happen. I managed to get it working via the remote app on android again by disabling the windows firewalls then e-activating them. I do not was to re-install BI. Kind of a bummer

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The symptoms and solutions seem to vary, I had no luck with disabling the firewall on either end and there is another post where the issue was only on the LAN. What processor are you running on your Blue Iris server? I have another BI setup that I updated today and is working fine. The major difference between the two is the one with issues uses an AMD and the one that works uses an Intel.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue happen. I managed to get it working via the remote app on android again by disabling the windows firewalls then e-activating them. I do not was to re-install BI. Kind of a bummer
This is a known issue with the latest update. DISABLE AUTO UPDATES.
You can revert back with any older update file..
You should be updating manually via the website so you have the old files to revert back to.

XSideas

n3wb
Reaction score
I wished i had. Been running blue iris a long time with out issue. I guess i will have to do that in the future. For now i am searching for the last update or will wait till a patch is sent out. Thanks Bryan

Ian

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried your file - still asking for authentication!