Blue Iris won't download updates

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Says Downloading Update (0k/0k) and that's all never downloads. Don't know what caused this, it just started. Support expires 12/24/21.

OS is Windows Server 2012 R2
Intel i7 4790
16GB Ram
Intel DC S3700 800GB Boot Drive
3TB Hitachi HD for clips

Thanks

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just download from the blue iris website or this forum.
I've already paid for and installed Blue Iris. My support is good till 12/24/2021. I've downloaded and installed the update from Blue Iris and it still tells me there's an update available and won't update.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've already paid for and installed Blue Iris. My support is good till 12/24/2021. I've downloaded and installed the update from Blue Iris and it still tells me there's an update available and won't update.
I understand you paid you mentioned it in the original post. I was obviously referring to the update. What version are you on now?

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Current version is 5.3.9.2. According to the update dialog box the current version is 5.3.9.9.

BI Capture.PNG

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your problem could be caused by firewall security. Or folder security on your system. Or that you are using a 9 year old server software, that is not tested by BI.
Are you login as an Administrator ?
Try download only check box with Make a backup checked.

Look in c:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\ for the update file

Last edited:

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
your problem could be caused by firewall security. Or folder security on your system. Or that you are using a 9 year old server software, that is not tested by BI.
Are you login as an Administrator ?
Try download only check box with Make a backup checked.

Look in c:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\ for the update file
Disabled the firewall and still no joy. Update won't download from within BI. Update won't install when downloaded from BI website.

Capture222.PNG

I wonder if Windows update could have caused this problem.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
does the BI Service user and the user you have log in as, what write access to the folder where the file will be written. I do not know what user does the writing.

Also look ant the windows event log for errors.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Problem was indeed caused by the last Windows updates. Uninstalled the last ones and now it's working again. I turned automatic updates off.

Thanks for the help.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
When I’ve had this I’ve had to either restart the BI service and then try again or restart the PC which for me resolved the issue.