Blue Skying for ideas

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 16 cameras all running at around 10 fps. CPU usage generally runs around 50 to 80%. (Computer is a Dell Inspiron with 32 GB RAM and Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.41 mHz)

The problem started after I updated to Windows 10. About 2 months ago my SSD died and was replaced. I thought this would be a good time to upgrade windows from 8.1.

I have 12 Reolink cameras, 2 Amcrest, 2 Hikvision cameras.

Problem: Blue Iris takes typically half a day or more to connect to the Reolink cameras. If I perform a manual "restart camera" in Blue Iris, it will typically re-connect. Obviously that is a PITA. I run mostly cat 6. I use the Netgear Orbi router which I upgraded roughly about the same time that I upgraded Windows. All cameras are POE with Netgear POE 16 port switches.

Now for the interesting part: My Amcrest and HikVision cameras always instantly reconnect. It is only the Reolink. Reolink support is clueless.

So I believe it is the Reolink firmware, and yes all firmware is up to date. Lacking any brilliant insights, I will slowly replace my Reolink cameras with Amcrest.

Any thought welcome to help solve this puzzle.
jim

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reolink is known to have issues with BI as the iframe intervals cannot be set, however, that would not explain not being able to connect for hours. Reolink is a lying spamming company so getting rid of them is not a bad idea.
Amcrest is rebranded dahua except that they dont offer any of dahuas low light starlights or largers sensor cameras. Look for dahua or hikvision low light cameras discussed on the forum.

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
The Reolink prices seduced me. When they work they are great. I will definitely order a coupled of the Dahua or HikVisiions. Right now with 16 cameras running at 10 fps, my CPU is a t 52% and RAM at 5.71 GB so I don't believe it is a congestion issue. I keep hoping for a magic bullet because the problem only showed up after the Win 10 upgrade.

Anyway, I love my HikVision 360 degree cameras. You can see how I use it as an All Sky Cam: High Valley Weather | Personal Weather Station: KCAPOWAY88 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground

thanks