Bluecherry - Save up to 25% off Bluecherry H.264 cards (Blue Iris support!)

Reaction score
Recently we released a certified Windows driver for our line of 8 and 16 port hardware compression cards. These cards do on-board H.264 compression and save a large amount of CPU time in processing video. We made sure when writing the drivers for these cards that we supported Windows 7 and 8 (32 and 64 bit) along with Blue Iris.

A couple weeks ago we launched a Kickstarter project to help reach our goal for another production run of our capture cards. You can save up to 25% off of the retail price on our cards by purchasing Bluecherry cards: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/212671106/multiport-h264-capture-cards-for-windows-or-linux

More about these cards

8 port PCIe H.264 card: http://store.bluecherry.net/bluecherry-bc-h08240a-8-port-video-8-port-audio-h.264-pcie-hardware-compression-capture-card.html
16 port PCIe H.264 card: http://store.bluecherry.net/bluecherry-bc-h16480a-16-port-video-16-port-audio-h.264-pcie-hardware-compression-capture-card.html

If you have any questions drop me a PM or email sales at bluecherry.net

Thanks!

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do these work with POE cameras and BI? Also, does it run in Windows Server 2012 R2 x64? If it reduces CPU utilization and allows the encoding of overlays when using Direct-to-Disk within BI it sounds like it might be worth using for people like me that have to use D2D to get the CPU utilization down to a reasonable percentage without having to spend the money to upgrade my system. I could use this, use D2D and go back to being able to record my video with textual overlays.

That is if it works this way.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am fairly certain these cards are designed to capture from analog cameras, and would be of no use for those of us who only use IP cameras anymore. The cards are more intended for folks who have a lot invested in quality analog cameras who do not want to abandon them just yet.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah OK, I thought so from doing the extra reading of their comments, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.

Reaction score
How do these work with POE cameras and BI? Also, does it run in Windows Server 2012 R2 x64? If it reduces CPU utilization and allows the encoding of overlays when using Direct-to-Disk within BI it sounds like it might be worth using for people like me that have to use D2D to get the CPU utilization down to a reasonable percentage without having to spend the money to upgrade my system. I could use this, use D2D and go back to being able to record my video with textual overlays.

That is if it works this way.
If you are using IP cameras you would not need a capture card. Blue Iris would do all of the transcoding in the software. Our capture cards are for connecting analog sources (BNC cameras).

IP cameras offer much better video quality, at the cost of CPU time.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Curtis Hall, thanks for posting this info it is helpful for those still using analog cameras.

Last edited by a moderator: