BlueIris memory leak?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry. Let's backup a second. What do you mean remove my video card? I use that for other items on my PC. Not sure I follow your instructions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You should be using a dedicated PC for blue iris...blue iris benefits from intel hd with quicksync for hardware acceleration... you would not use a standalone NVR to surf the net and play games..you should not be doing it with a blue iris machine.

modo

n3wb
Reaction score
Posting this to hopefully save people some time as it was aggravating to say the least for me.

I have a dedicated 4th gen I5 w/ an integrated Intel HD4600 that exhibited the memory leak issues. The aggravating part was no video driver corrected the issue nor disabling HA via a registry key. I could however reproduce the issue after a complete format and installing the Creators update.

The issue for me was the Creators update and also the latest April update removed the sata, chipset and usb controller driver in lieu of a Windows generic. Updated those to the latest available from Intel and all is good again.

Last edited:

mwoo68

n3wb
Reaction score
Posting this to hopefully save people some time as it was aggravating to say the least for me.

I have a dedicated 4th gen I5 w/ an integrated Intel HD4600 that exhibited the memory leak issues. The aggravating part was no video driver corrected the issue nor disabling HA via a registry key. I could however reproduce the issue after a complete format and installing the Creators update.

The issue for me was the Creators update and also the latest April update removed the sata, chipset and usb controller driver in lieu of a Windows generic. Updated those to the latest available from Intel and all is good again.

Hi, I too have the HD4600 GPU. Can you be more elaborate on what you did to resolve the memory leak? I've tried for days!

mwoo68

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks it’s a good link. But unfortunately for Haswell systems it says to be filled in. I did go to intel website and tried almost every driver and they all seem to not work. Can you advise what driver version you are using for your HD4600 GPU?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks it’s a good link. But unfortunately for Haswell systems it says to be filled in. I did go to intel website and tried almost every driver and they all seem to not work. Can you advise what driver version you are using for your HD4600 GPU?
I also have the HD4600 and there is no info on it in the Wiki. It doesn't seem that the other drives mentioned in the Wiki are compatible with this version of GPU. Does anybody have any recommendation for the 4th generation CPU?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
An update to my post above. I just force-installed the 3rd generation CPU/GPU driver from the Wiki (10.18.10.4358) for my HD4600. I had to acknowledge "continue anyway" when the system warned me that that driver may not be compatible with my hardware. I selected HD4000 from the list. It installed and everything seems OK but I don't know yet if the memory leak is still going on. You may want to try it too.

mwoo68

n3wb
Reaction score
An update to my post above. I just force-installed the 3rd generation CPU/GPU driver from the Wiki (10.18.10.4358) for my HD4600. I had to acknowledge "continue anyway" when the system warned me that that driver may not be compatible with my hardware. I selected HD4000 from the list. It installed and everything seems OK but I don't know yet if the memory leak is still going on. You may want to try it too.

How did this driver work for you?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How did this driver work for you?
It didn't. Later I noticed that there was no hardware acceleration accordingly to Task Manager. I installed the latest driver from Intel's website for my HD4600 and there is absolutely no memory leak. The system has been up for a long time and the BlueIris process doesn't take much more memory than when it was started. From the device manager info: Driver Version: 20.19.15.5058, Drive Date: 8/16/2018.

Maybe someone can update the Wiki info for this graphics processor.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It didn't. Later I noticed that there was no hardware acceleration accordingly to Task Manager. I installed the latest driver from Intel's website for my HD4600 and there is absolutely no memory leak. The system has been up for a long time and the BlueIris process doesn't take much more memory than when it was started. From the device manager info: Driver Version: 20.19.15.5058, Drive Date: 8/16/2018.

Maybe someone can update the Wiki info for this graphics processor.
Done, however I notice the version number and build date are slightly different from what it says on the website, and there is a newer version available since March 19th. Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Done, however I notice the version number and build date are slightly different from what it says on the website, and there is a newer version available since March 19th. Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]
Yes, looks like there is a new version. I downloaded and installed my driver in February, before this. The new version contains only security fixes and no known issues according to Intel. I doubt it will break anything. I will install it and report in a few days if it's safe to use. I hate it how they use different numbering system for downloads and actual driver files.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, looks like there is a new version. I downloaded and installed my driver in February, before this. The new version contains only security fixes and no known issues according to Intel. I doubt it will break anything. I will install it and report in a few days if it's safe to use. I hate it how they use different numbering system for downloads and actual driver files.
I can report that I haven't observed any signs of a memory leak with the new driver. It's been 9 days. I think the Wiki can be updated to mention the latest driver to date (Version: 15.40.42.5063 (Latest) Date: 3/19/2019).

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BTW, I have been having severe memory leak issues on my Haswell CPU; I've tried both of the versions specified below and end up with a severe memory leak which gobbles up 16GB ram within 1-2 days:

4th Generation (Haswell) / 5th Generation (Broadwell)
Driver Version 15.40.41.5058 is known to be NOT good: <Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]>
Driver Version 15.40.42.5063 is known to be NOT good: <Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]>

I'll keep downgrading to see if I can get to a good known state.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @Tygunn -- if you find a version that works, please post the link and the exact model number of your CPU. The bugs are many and complex so I'm not really surprised if a particular driver version doesn't work for an entire generation of CPUs.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BTW, I have been having severe memory leak issues on my Haswell CPU; I've tried both of the versions specified below and end up with a severe memory leak which gobbles up 16GB ram within 1-2 days:

4th Generation (Haswell) / 5th Generation (Broadwell)
Driver Version 15.40.41.5058 is known to be NOT good: <Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]>
Driver Version 15.40.42.5063 is known to be NOT good: <Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]>

I'll keep downgrading to see if I can get to a good known state.
@Tygunn, yes, please post the model number of your CPU. My CPU is i7-4790K with an HD4600 GPU. I used those drivers (15.40.42.5063 is currently in use). There is no memory leak. Not even a sign of it. I used BI4 before and now BI5.

Also, please post what hardware acceleration option you are using. Intel or Intel+VideoPostProc. I am using Intel only.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Tygunn, yes, please post the model number of your CPU. My CPU is i7-4790K with an HD4600 GPU. I used those drivers (15.40.42.5063 is currently in use). There is no memory leak. Not even a sign of it. I used BI4 before and now BI5.

Also, please post what hardware acceleration option you are using. Intel or Intel+VideoPostProc. I am using Intel only.
I'm using Intel only for acceleration. I just wiped the PC and put in a fresh copy of Windows. We will see if that solves the problem.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using Intel only for acceleration. I just wiped the PC and put in a fresh copy of Windows. We will see if that solves the problem.
Please share the results when you have them and mention the process model number.