BlueIris on your TV!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a web shortcut to UI3 setup as a quick button press that takes me straight to the UI3 webpage on my LG OLED tv. Works fine, only issue I’m trying to resolve is how now to launch it full screen, not found a way to do this yet.

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a web shortcut to UI3 setup as a quick button press that takes me straight to the UI3 webpage on my LG OLED tv. Works fine, only issue I’m trying to resolve is how now to launch it full screen, not found a way to do this yet.
OK, do you change channel often to see whats going on?
I doubt very much we will use it (we hardly get door knocks) but be nice to have it working

Having the webserver going 24/7 to look at it once every few months - when we can just open the app (or browser on PC)

Tro

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Having the webserver going 24/7 to look at it once every few months - when we can just open the app (or browser on PC)

Tro
BUT.....most folks who have BI on a server do because they want to record their cams so they will have it running 24/7 anyway.:idk:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, do you change channel often to see whats going on?
I doubt very much we will use it (we hardly get door knocks) but be nice to have it working

Tro
No we don’t change channels on the tv that often as all my family have the phone app so is much easier to pick up the phone and have a quick look.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am a 48 hour old new user of BI (v5, latest update) and enjoying using it with my five cameras so far. Thanks to those who provided the syntax further up the post, I have been able to get ui3 to appear on my "smart" TV browser but have two issues....
Firstly with an anonymous user, set to LAN only and a camera group that has only one camera (the fish pond for the kids!) I get to all the cameras on the screen when I only expected to get one! Is this a function of using "web server / advanced / limit IP address to ^10.0.0.xxx" under "all connections"? How do I just get the single camera to appear?
Secondly, the ui3 interface times out after about 10 mins - is there a setting I can change for this? I have looked at the camera properties and can see nothing that looks like it would affect it. The camera in question is a HikvisionDS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 if that makes any difference.
Many thanks for any help.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks IAmATeaf, I have a user created - Anonymous - and set to only view one group - which only has one camera in - yet it still shows them all on the TV! Now 23.00hrs UK Time so will experiment more tomorrow....

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Mirror the desktop onto the TV using an HDMI cable :p

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Arjun, Nice idea but not practical in my situation as BI and TV are in diagonally opposite corners of the house including upstairs and downstairs.....