BlueIris UI3 - Running out of memory over time in browser

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there, sorry for the long title here. I'm not sure if this is new with a newer version or maybe something changed. After several hours it seems that if I keep UI3 running in the browser, which I normally do during the day so I can keep an eye on it, that it'll eventually get up to 8 or 9gb or memory being used and I'll get a notification from the OS that there is an issue. I close the browser and reopen it and it's fixed.

I've had BI running for years and never noticed this issue so I'm hoping it's an easy fix and that someone else might have seen this before.

I've tracked this in Firefox & Chrome, and even a Chrome variant called Orion (which makes sense as it's based on the same kit).

Thanks for the help

EDIT: I was wrong about the amount of memory being used. Currently at 28gb of memory being used after a couple of hours.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually it is a memory leak with the video driver or a BI update and your system. Windows probably snuck a driver update in on you or your system has a conflict with something in BI.

What version BI are you on?

Last edited:

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Usually it is a memory leak with the video driver. Windows probably snuck a driver update in on you.

What version BI are you on?
I'm on my Mac. Doubt that was it. Nothing has changed. I'm on 5.5.6.6

I was wrong about the numbers. I'm currently at 28gb on the browser right now.

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm going to roll back to an older version and see if it's still there

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@wittaj , definitely looks like a bug in the newer version. I just downgraded to 5.5.4.5 and after 2 hours I'm still at 135mb

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As above, typical symptoms of a memory leak.
Perhaps.. Makes sense. However, it's only in the newer version. Went back to 5.5.4.5, it's been running for 7 hours now and only at 200mb.. Big difference from the 28gb after a couple of hours.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Perhaps.. Makes sense. However, it's only in the newer version. Went back to 5.5.4.5, it's been running for 7 hours now and only at 200mb.. Big difference from the 28gb after a couple of hours.
That's why its probably in the newer version. They probably altered the code to add features or fix other bugs and caused a leak as a result. Newest isn't always best.

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's why its probably in the newer version. They probably altered the code to add features or fix other bugs and caused a leak as a result. Newest isn't always best.
100% agree.. Thanks for the help