blueirissoftware.com website down (2023.07.07)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
According to the BI help file:

"Blue Iris also uses an occasional connection to the Blue Iris Software website to check for software updates, license activation"

I suspect this is the first time something like this happened and Ken will probably make an update to prevent folks systems from going to eval in the event this happens again.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This screen shot is from the BI Facebook group. It says if you are in eval mode try re-entering your key(s)
I wouldn´t advise that. I tried entering my key again and it stopped completely - trial expired and key locked!
Jennifer kindly got my evaluation working again at least.

Update: after Jenny unlocked my key I got back to evaluation and then entered my renewal key and Evaluation went away (for now at least)

Last edited:

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wouldn´t advise that. I tried entering my key again and it stopped completely - trial expired and key locked!
Jennifer kindly got my evaluation working again at least.
I think they meant enter your most recent extended key and not the original license key. I woke up this morning seeing same issue with it's stuck on Evaluation Mode and came into this forum to check if anything was going on. I saw someone commented entering their key resolving the issue so that was what I did. I entered the renewed license key I got from them several months ago and it resolved the issue for me.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think they meant enter your most recent extended key and not the original license key. I woke up this morning seeing same issue with it's stuck on Evaluation Mode and came into this forum to check if anything was going on. I saw someone commented entering their key resolving the issue so that was what I did. I entered the renewed license key I got from them several months ago and it resolved the issue for me.
I tried both - appeared to lock up my main key.
Jenny got it unlocked- entered my main and then renewal.
All back to norm without evaluation showing!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
3 of my family's BI installs all went to Eval mode, but mine stayed intact ?? Must just be a timing thing maybe ? All are connected to Internet at all times.

92.jpg

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Until the site issues are resolved... seems like the best practice at this time is to get yourself out of eval mode (if possible), then block your BI server from the Internet. Sure, you will not have off-site access, but the rest of the system will function.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine went into Eval mode this morning, also I looked up my Key number on IPCT purchase history, entered it and it is back up again. I guess i won't fiddle with my cams today.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Until the site issues are resolved... seems like the best practice at this time is to get yourself out of eval mode (if possible), then block your BI server from the Internet. Sure, you will not have off-site access, but the rest of the system will function.
Eval mode will work for 15 days....

DJROB

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot access my cameras remotely as that is not working either

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot access my cameras remotely as that is not working either
How are you trying to access remotely - OpenVPN or ZeroTier or Stunnel or Port Forward, etc?

Reaction score
On the site now:

The Blue Iris Software website will be back in a couple of days. You may still download from BlueIris.exe
Until there is official word or the site is fixed, I suggest that no one trust that file without a legit sha1 hash to verify it against. If his site was compromised, a malicious actor could have uploaded a malicious file.

Reaction score
Noticed my 7/25/22 key expired 5/13/23.... didn't realize it hadn't been a year - only 10 months so I bought an extended support key not realizing I should have two more months.

Now it shows eval and my key is "expired". This was even before the outage today so somerhing was wrong two months ago.

DJROB

n3wb
Reaction score
Until there is official word or the site is fixed, I suggest that no one trust that file without a legit sha1 hash to verify it against. If his site was compromised, a malicious actor could have uploaded a malicious file.
this look serious…

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Port forward.. and I’m outta town so I can’t change any settings. Any word from the blue iris team?
I wouldn't think eval mode would prevent the ability to view it remotely? I could see maybe stunnel (if it needs to access the BI server for some reason), but I don't think that remote viewing was blocked in evaluation mode by port forward or VPN in? Maybe your IP changed?

DJROB

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't think eval mode would prevent the ability to view it remotely? I could see maybe stunnel (if it needs to access the BI server for some reason), but I don't think that remote viewing was blocked in evaluation mode by port forward or VPN in? Maybe your IP changed?
I don’t think it can change my IP is static

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t think it can change my IP is static
Interesting. What comes up when you try to view it - does it give an error message that could give a clue?