blueirissoftware.com website down (2023.07.07)

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get this when I try to put in my liscense key

View attachment 167430
you need to first enter your license, this is the key that was provided to you when you first purchased BI. Then BI will at least open, once it opens go to the About page it will likely say support expired select renew and enter the maintenance key.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
WARNING TO ANYONE USING A SERVICE

I discovered tonight that since re-entering my activation key, the service option has been switched off which means my cameras haven't been recording when the console has been closed.

Anyone who runs BI as a background service, who's had to re-enter their activation key due to the web site going down should check in their settings to make sure "Run as a Service" is checked in the options. Without you may find you're no longer recording.
I did not see this on my 2 family members machines. I simply re-entered their code for the maintenance plan. The software did NOT go out of service mode the entire time. BTW, you can run BI in service mode while in demo mode.

Reaction score
you need to first enter your license, this is the key that was provided to you when you first purchased BI. Then BI will at least open, once it opens go to the About page it will likely say support expired select renew and enter the maintenance key.
I have 2 copies of BI running on 2 separate machines on my little network and that is the license for the new machine that I recreantly purchased.

orionbbs

n3wb
Reaction score
Just noticed one of my customers I supported saw their system go into eval mode and then purchased a new license thinking it had expired (despite having another 8 months left on their old one) -- BI going to have to process a few refunds I imagine as part of this outage

shaun

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I did not see this on my 2 family members machines. I simply re-entered their code for the maintenance plan. The software did NOT go out of service mode the entire time. BTW, you can run BI in service mode while in demo mode.
This happened to me and several other users when it went into evaluation mode. I guess like anything it might not affect everyone. BTW it's not out of service mode but run as a service mode. Run as a service mode enables BI to run in the background without starting the App on the machine as a Windows Service. So if your machine is running, BI is running even if something causes your machine to reboot leaving the BI App inactive and un started.

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what address the renewal key was sent from. Trying to track mine down.
Thanks!

Reaction score
I've been trying to activate mine, I have tried my original Blue Iris 4 key, 5 Key, and the extended maintenance plan keys, and every time I try to activate them it brings me to the offline activater and wants me to copy and paste a URL to get an activation key and of course the URL is dead. Anyway around this?

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Touch wood, but my system has not been affected. I run Blue Iris as a service, automatic updates are turned off, but I am notified of when updates are available. Me being me, I do update within a day or two of being notified. I'm currently on BI version 5.7.7.18.

Reading this thread, and others, I find it amazing that some have no clue as to what their licence key is and/or what their support licence key is. Do people not save their emails with this vital information? Obviously not.

Culmac

n3wb
Reaction score
I manage 18 different installations and I've complained several times that the renew emails that get sent out don't give me a registration number or any usable info on which site were dealing with. Now I have been able to get a few back up with the original reg # but they revert to expired. I don't hake the renewal codes for each because of what I said above.
This is a huge bag of snakes now. They should give everyone 1 year renewal from when this mess is cleared up!

hapstabu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Touch wood, but my system has not been affected. I run Blue Iris as a service, automatic updates are turned off, but I am notified of when updates are available. Me being me, I do update within a day or two of being notified. I'm currently on BI version 5.7.7.18.

Reading this thread, and others, I find it amazing that some have no clue as to what their licence key is and/or what their support licence key is. Do people not save their emails with this vital information? Obviously not.
I didn't save either email. Honestly, I never expected this. I had the email from the last time I brought extended support.
After several attempts at entering the maintenance key in the license key box, I finally realized what was doing wrong.
Luckily, I had several email discussions with support, and the support info you copy into the email has the original license key.
Entered the license and maintenance key and everything is fine now.
Learned my lesson, both keys are now saved in a safe place.
I see the main BI website is up now.
Hopefully everything will return to normal soon.

Sent from my iPlay_50 using Tapatalk

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Same here. I'm on the latest version, updates turned off, running as a service. I log into the Blue Iris console daily but haven't experienced the problem as of yet.

Lostmutt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Goto account.mycommerce.com and you should be able to pull your recent maintenance key.
Finally had to update to newest version to get the online activation. Now I'm stuck with "evaluation Version" plastered all over my feeds.......
So i bought the update, now i still can't activate it........