blueirissoftware.com website down (2023.07.07)

Reaction score
Hi guys, how is the situation evolving? it still seems all blocked by me.. my blue iris is in evaluation version

mskerman

n3wb
Reaction score
I had my server die a few days ago and take out my BI install and the last few updates. Server rebuilt now, but I don't have a recent full install file for BI. I know the updates are available here, but is there anywhere a full recent install can be downloaded. If not, I'd appreciate it if someone could send to me. (Win 64 Bit)

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys, how is the situation evolving? it still seems all blocked by me.. my blue iris is in evaluation version

Reaction score
there seems to be something larger happening, I am unable to place orders at home depot, log into mycommerce and several other websites are hard to get into. I check and others are having the same issues

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All 5 if my BI installs ran without incident during this process because they are not allowed to update automatically. That recommendation has been mentioned countless times, over and over ad nauseam in this forum and apparently many of you failed to read that or if you did, you did not feel it was important or you just plain ignored it.
How do you get around this while being connected to the internet?

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 7.14.50 AM.png

jepster

n3wb
Reaction score
You are nuts and out of your mind.... It's really that simple...
Fenderman, your reply was exactly the same thought in my head when I read that post... However, I did just try to login to my mycommerce site and it shows me no love... BitWarden saved user/pass would not work, then try resetting with my email would not work, and it knows not my username, no joy. Obviously this doesn't make any sense, and likely some coincedence I'm missing, but the timing is spot on. I would not have thought there was any link at all between the mycommerce login and BI site, but, BI is the only product I purchase at mycommerce.

Anyone else having difficulties logging into their mycommerce account?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Fenderman, your reply was exactly the same thought in my head when I read that post... However, I did just try to login to my mycommerce site and it shows me no love... BitWarden saved user/pass would not work, then try resetting with my email would not work, and it knows not my username, no joy. Obviously this doesn't make any sense, and likely some coincedence I'm missing, but the timing is spot on. I would not have thought there was any link at all between the mycommerce login and BI site, but, BI is the only product I purchase at mycommerce.

Just tried mine. It went right in and gave me my last order details.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sorry that so many people have had problems. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has not. I assumed it was because I have my system set up to NOT install updates automatically (but it does notify me of updates), but it appears others have been affected that had updates turned off.

In any case, I can't believe at the "freak out" response of some people. Granted it is a very, very small number of people (as low as one on this thread) and the vast majority of members here understand that this will work itself out in the end.

Should BI have had a better backup system? Obviously - but it isn't uncommon to assume your current backup scheme will work - right up until it doesn't. The more important thing is how BI responds and fixes the issue so it doesn't happen again. Again, for such a small company, I can't complain about their response to the situation so far. MS takes far longer to patch critical issues with Windows and they are a 2.4 trillion dollar company.
Should BI have tested all of this before there was an issue? In a perfect world, yes. But BI is a tiny company with historically one person working on it. It's also priced accordingly. For those complaining that they PAID for software and it should work - you paid something like $75 and perhaps some annual maintenance fees. Give me a break! It's not like you paid 500k for a piece of critical software that can't fail or your whole business implodes.

Finally, to those few users who are freaked out about BI failing - why don't you have a backup scheme if you CCTV footage is so important to you? Nearly every camera made has a SD slot in it and can record footage directly to the card. Are you utilizing it? Do you have a plan to archive important footage from those SD cards while BI is down? Do you have a plan to access your cameras directly when BI is unavailable? If you are using IP cameras, there is no reason you can't access them directly - locally or remotely - if you had simply planned for the unexpected (which is exactly what you are bitching about BI not doing).

Long story short, if you are relying on BI alone for your CCTV recording needs and are bitching the BI didn't do enough to plan for the "worse case" scenario, you are a fucking hypocrite.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry that so many people have had problems. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has not. I assumed it was because I have my system set up to NOT install updates automatically (but it does notify me of updates), but it appears others have been affected that had updates turned off.

In any case, I can't believe at the "freak out" response of some people. Granted it is a very, very small number of people (as low as one on this thread) and the vast majority of members here understand that this will work itself out in the end.

Should BI have had a better backup system? Obviously - but it isn't uncommon to assume your current backup scheme will work - right up until it doesn't. The more important thing is how BI responds and fixes the issue so it doesn't happen again. Again, for such a small company, I can't complain about their response to the situation so far. MS takes far longer to patch critical issues with Windows and they are a 2.4 trillion dollar company.
Should BI have tested all of this before there was an issue? In a perfect world, yes. But BI is a tiny company with historically one person working on it. It's also priced accordingly. For those complaining that they PAID for software and it should work - you paid something like $75 and perhaps some annual maintenance fees. Give me a break! It's not like you paid 500k for a piece of critical software that can't fail or your whole business implodes.

Finally, to those few users who are freaked out about BI failing - why don't you have a backup scheme if you CCTV footage is so important to you? Nearly every camera made has a SD slot in it and can record footage directly to the card. Are you utilizing it? Do you have a plan to archive important footage from those SD cards while BI is down? Do you have a plan to access your cameras directly when BI is unavailable? If you are using IP cameras, there is no reason you can't access them directly - locally or remotely - if you had simply planned for the unexpected (which is exactly what you are bitching about BI not doing).

Long story short, if you are relying on BI alone for your CCTV recording needs and are bitching the BI didn't do enough to plan for the "worse case" scenario, you are a fucking hypocrite.
^^^^THIS!

This above.gif

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine says it's not activated. I tried reapplying my license. When I do, it tells me it is a version 4 license and to apply maintenance/upgrade. It then tells me that has already been applied to my license and it takes me back to the activation page and gives me no option other than cancel. Upgrade key was purchased in April. Now it says demo has expired and I have nothing.....

Reaction score

not to worry it is just my imagination it is not really happening.
remember UFOs are not real, Oswald acted alone, Biden really won by 80 million votes. trump was controlled by the Russians

jepster

n3wb
Reaction score
not to worry it is just my imagination it is not really happening.
remember UFOs are not real, Oswald acted alone, Biden really won by 80 million votes. trump was controlled by the Russians
I'm just glad I don't have a Home Depot account... :>)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

It's a coincidence. He has issues with home Depot as well. This is akin to self diagnosing diseases off WebMD..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Who knows how many BI licenses are out there, but the fact that the number of people with issues during this period has such few number of instances posted here and on other platforms indicates that it really was a low percentage of people this impacted. Heck this thread is only 200 replies and each one isn't a "my system is in eval".