BNC Analog into Hikvision NVR

MoeSizzlac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm looking to include an old analog camera into a Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI.

I am using an Axis M7011 to convert the analog BNC signal to Digital.

I'm able to access the M7011 over ethernet, change the IP and access all internal settings.

Are there any important settings on the NVR or the Axis that I need to worry about to get them to talk to each other?

Should I be using ONVIF config in the NVR or a custom setting?

Should I be using a different device to convert the BNC?

I did my search but ended in some dead ends. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

cctvnerd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Because of axis is using the same API since years just try it with the axis camera setting. If that doesn't work try onvif... Does the converter support onvif?

MoeSizzlac

n3wb
Reaction score
The converter does support ONVIF. I also read that ONVIF is unreliable/overly complicated. I will try several options today and respond with the results. If I get it working, maybe this will help the next user.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I also read that ONVIF is unreliable/overly complicated.
Perhaps in the internal coding, and interpreting the extensive specifications documents.
But certainly not so in the ability to connect compliant devices together, and well supported by the Hikvision NVR.
Just install ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net and if it finds the convertor you will see loads of info, and the single needed parameter for configuration - ie the ONVIF port, in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.

MoeSizzlac

n3wb
Reaction score
Just install ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net and if it finds the convertor you will see loads of info, and the single needed parameter for configuration - ie the ONVIF port, in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.
Got it. I'll look it over some more

Last edited:

MoeSizzlac

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the ONVIF to work. Here are my steps that allowed me to access the BNC camera on the Hikvision NVR using the AXIS M7011 converter:

1) Hook up the AXIS M7011 and your Computer to a switch (In this case, I hooked my laptop directly to the back of the Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI where you would plug in a camera)
2) Use AXIS's IPUtility.EXE downloaded from their site to sniff out the AXIS M7011.
3) Right click the AXIS M7011 and assign network parameters to match the internal network of the Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI (In my case, I assigned 10.12.1.50)
4) Next, after the device accepts the IP change, open up a browser (chrome in my case) and go to the IP address you gave it (10.12.1.50).
5) The first time you access the AXIS device, it will prompt you for a password. Assign a password.
6) On the AXIS device, ONVIF is off by default. You need to create a User/Password to enable it. In the AXIS M7011, I believe you switch to the setup tab and on the left side select system options. Under Security you should find the link to ONVIF.
7) Under the ONVIF section, you need to Add a user and create a password for the user.
8) after all the changes are made, reboot the AXIS.
9) Access the Hikvision NVR via external router. Under the Configuration tab, under System/Camera Management, Select the port that the AXIS is plugged into it. Select Modify and change the settings to look something like Picture 1 below. Since I know the IP, I assigned the IP in this section.
10) Next Ensure your Protocol is like picture 2 below. (I think it is the standard)
11) Finally, with the AXIS IP Camera box checked, click Activation and enter the original access password you gave it. (if that doesn't work try the ONVIF one)

Side Note: Trying to connect to the camera as if it were an AXIS camera was unsuccessful.

Current Problem if anyone has any insight:
1) Using EZVIZ phone app, the Live stream for the BNC camera will not start. Only the IP cameras have live views. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Any help you guys have is appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

pcdoodle

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can pump a pure rtsp stream path into the HIK, the analog dvr by KMOON, exposes each analog camera as a rtsp url. The DVR sucks (and is only $50 or so) but it exposes the D1 stream of each camera in full resolution.