brand new 2332 *BLINKING* problems in IR mode help

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
brand new 2332 *BLINKING* problems in IR mode help *FIXED*

Advice needed!!!!!

Just bought a brand new hikvision 16 chanell nvr and 2- 2332 cams (3 including today). Ok so heres the deal. In night mode only, one of my brand new USA hikvision 2332 cameras started doing this weird BLINKING in IR mode. It happens about every 3 seconds or so, where the screen blinks brighter , it only happens with the one cam , my other 2332 DOES NOT DO THIS. So, I thought ok its defective, so ill send it back and get another. I ordered a THIRD 2332 and it just got here today, and I was going to test the third 2332 to see if it also blinks. The brand new third one is blinking right out of the dang box, help? Lol. Ive played with the settings for hours, I can get it to reduce, but not stop.

Could it be a bad ethernet cable to the cam? Why are these 2 cams both BLINKING ? Im counting ......ONE 1 one thousand TWO 1 thousand THREE one thousand, its every 3 seconds, if that helps? Thanks ip camera forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Advice needed!!!!!

Just bought a brand new hikvision 16 chanell nvr and 2- 2332 cams (3 including today). Ok so heres the deal. In night mode only, one of my brand new USA hikvision 2332 cameras started doing this weird BLINKING in IR mode. It happens about every 3 seconds or so, where the screen blinks brighter , it only happens with the one cam , my other 2332 DOES NOT DO THIS. So, I thought ok its defective, so ill send it back and get another. I ordered a THIRD 2332 and it just got here today, and I was going to test the third 2332 to see if it also blinks. The brand new third one is blinking right out of the dang box, help? Lol. Ive played with the settings for hours, I can get it to reduce, but not stop.

Could it be a bad ethernet cable to the cam? Why are these 2 cams both BLINKING ? Im counting ......ONE 1 one thousand TWO 1 thousand THREE one thousand, its every 3 seconds, if that helps? Thanks ip camera forum!
Try connecting it to the NVR with a short prefabbed cable and see if you get the same blinking...if yes, try a different port on the NVR..
How long are you cable runs from the NVR?

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just plugged into channel 3
Still blinking. I swear its mocking me lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you use a short cord at the NVR?
What happens when you plug the working camera into the same location as the non working cameras?

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I forgot to say, they sent me a new 100ft cat5 , tried one of the 2 blinking cams in another port, still blinking even with the new cable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot to say, they sent me a new 100ft cat5 , tried one of the 2 blinking cams in another port, still blinking even with the new cable.
are you mounting them in the same location each time?
Do you have a poe switch or 12v power supply you can test it with?

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you use a short cord at the NVR?
What happens when you plug the working camera into the same location as the non working cameras?
I just tried this, plugged the non blink cam into another port where a blinking cam was. The cam that has always been solid, remains solid w no blinking. Even plugged into a port where are a cam just was blinking

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried this, plugged the non blink cam into another port where a blinking cam was. The cam that has always been solid, remains solid w no blinking. Even plugged into a port where are a cam just was blinking
is everything else the same? camera location etc? post a video of what is happening?

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can record a vid and YouTube it tomorrow. Keep in mind this is all brand new stuff, right fresh out of the box, from the nvr, to the cable, could it be I got 2 bad cams in a row? daytime images are of incredible clarity tho, very, very good.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can record a vid and YouTube it tomorrow. Keep in mind this is all brand new stuff, right fresh out of the box, from the nvr, to the cable, could it be I got 2 bad cams in a row? daytime images are of incredible clarity tho, very, very good.
It is very unlikely that you have bad cameras...you need to remove all variables...does this occur if you connect it indoors? It may be that something is reflecting in the mounting location....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, no it dosent do it AT ALL indoors. Clear!
Ok, then the camera is fine..There is something out there causing this (or possibly the cable, but i doubt it) ...try aiming the camera differently and see if it has any effect..

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, then the camera is fine..There is something out there causing this (or possibly the cable, but i doubt it) ...try aiming the camera differently and see if it has any effect..
Just curious have you seen this before? Or anyone else here too?The whole blinking deal? There is just trees,and a small driveway, nothing reflecting that I can see at all

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You haven't said if power is via PoE or external power supply.
If you are powering it with an external 12V power supply - change the 'misbehaving' camera to another power supply, and put one of the other cameras on the original power supply.