Bricked DS-2DF1-57A Speed Dome

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Iv acquired a speed dome from work which has been bricked at some point. It powers on, but thats about it. i cannot see an address using SASD.
Does anyone know what firmware i can use on it? I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find it on the hikvision site.

Have done a bit of reading on using TFTPD32 etc and found the hikvision recovery tool guide.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting this thing back up and running,

Cheers

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so i have downloaded and set up TFTPD64 on my windows 7 laptop.
- turned windows 7 firewall off.
- Set the laptops IP 192.0.0.128/subnet - 255.255.255.0.
- connected directly to the PTZ via crossover cable.

And its not connecting to the PTZ - TFTPD isnt saying initialised or anything...? am i missing something?

when i ping 192.0.0.64 i get
"reply from 192.0.0.128: Destination host unreachable."

I ran wireshark when powering up the camera. If it helps..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There does not seem to be any evidence of camera activity from 192.0.0.64 on those captures. The first activity after power on is the ARP request for 192.0.0.128 followed by the UDP handshake.
For info - if your PTZ behaves similarly to the 2-series and NVRs, you do need to use the Hikvision-specific TFTP server, I'm not sure if you have used that from your post.

This may be useful:

1. I see a number of references to the Hikvision tftp auto updater utility but all links mentioned on this thread
as well as others seem to be broken (I get the instructions but not the tool). Anyone know where I can find it?

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/down...re.asp?id=1336

2. Is the Hikvision auto updater required? I am running tftp server on my Mac. Can I just place the upgrade
firmware file in my tftp root directory and plug in the camera or is there an intermediate binary that gets loaded first?

It must be the Hikvision-specific Windows TFTP server (Says Hikvision TFTP Server in the window title bar) because the camera does a Hikvision-specific handshake with it before it will use it.
The digicap.dav file needs to be placed in the same folder as the tftp executable, and the PC must have a static IP address of 192.0.0.128
All very specific.
And best not to connect the camera and PC directly with a network cable - wire each into a router or switch with their own cable. The router and switch doesn't have to be isolated from the normal network.

When the camera powers on, the bootloader enables the Ethernet interface with an IP address of 192.0.0.64, does an ARP request for the device on 192.0.0.128 and sends a UDP packet to port 9978 with the Hikvision 'Magic number' SWKH to look for a Hikvision-specific response from the TFTP server. If the TFPT server provides the response (a UDP packet on 9979 with the Magic number in the payload), the camera will connect to it and attempt a download and install of digicap.dav for the firmware update.
Your normal TFTP server will be ignored for the purposes of a firmware update.​

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the other hand, looking more closely, if the xx:e1:6a:61 MAC address is the camera, your laptop isn't responding to the ARP request.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like the wrong tftp you must use the hikvision tftp and only that one, or the flash will not start

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for the help. Will try use the Hikvision official TFTP tool this afternoon and see what happens.
Thanks again.

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, Does anyone know if i need to use a crossover or straight through cable when connecting to the camera?
Cheers

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have a Gigabit Ethernet port on your PC it should auto-cross over...

If your working with a 10/100 Ethernet port you will need a cross-over cable or adapter to plug them directly into each-other.

Guess the east way to tell is just try, if you get a link-light then your golden.

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got home and ran the tftp tool I was link earlier. Good news is that it can connect to the camera and update it. Bad news is that I dont have the right firmware... Trying to find the right firmware for this camera is like looking for a black cat in a dark room..

Worst case, I have an exact same Camera which is working.. Would it be possible to extract the firmware from the working PTZ?
I saw this on the forum -

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2733-Hikvision-FIRMWARE-TOOLS-change-language-extract-files-and-create-own-firmware

Possible to use this?

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!
Again, thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the working camera for what firmware is loaded i.e. version from there we mite find what firmware you need, as hikvisions firmwares cover a lots of different models with one firmware.

Looks like ver.4.0.0 build 121119 is the listed firmware

Salmonstix

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help! :D
Managed to get the PTZ up and running. Would not have been able to do it without your help.

Attachments