Bricked !

daxmatt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive tried on the console,but no matter what i try it times out,which is making me think its not connected properly,nothing comes up on the server.
Ive also tried tftp 64,still nothing,ive tried pinging it from another pc ,but again it replies back from the pc,but nothing happens on the tftp logging screen.I'm guessing you should see something happen on the logging screen on the server .

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive tried on the console,but no matter what i try it times out,which is making me think its not connected properly,nothing comes up on the server.
What you've described does sound like some sort of connectivity problem with the NVR.

You have the NVR LAN interface (does it have 1 or 2) wired to the same switch/router as the PC that the tftp server is running on.
Does the 'link detect' light on the switch come on?
Does the 'activity' light flash when you confirm 'Y' to start an update? (if the rest of the network is active you will likely get flashes from broadcasts from other devices on the network which could confuse this).
It may be worth an experiment checking the lights with the PC and NVR connected directly and giving the PC a fixed IP address.

To know for sure if the NVR is communicating, you'd need to run something like wireshark on the PC to capture traffic while you command the firmware update on the NVR.

daxmatt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies ,really appreciate it,gives me more things to try,i'll keep at it

daxmatt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IMG_3479.JPG
Thanks for all your replies ,really appreciate it,gives me more things to try,i'll keep at it
ok,having another play,,think I have it to connect by changing the address like you said,
now I'm getting this,i'm assuming its not the right firmware ??

daxmatt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yep,did feel good when i saw it transmit,,been trying to get it working fir weeks.

I went back to the console method,it didn't seem to like all the address's set to 192.0.0.x,,,when i did was you said,and changed them to 192.168.1.x it connected.

then after that i tried the various fiemware's i was given,but still no joy.Then i eventually found it on the american website,and it transmitted straight away.Its just long winded downloading them,deleting them each time,but pais off :).

Just need to set it all up again now,all back working remotely connecting through noip.com,via pc,but having a bit of trouble through phone,locally and remotely,which i thought was a bit strange.
Once again,thanks for your help,,, back to trying to get the rest of it working :highfive:

daxmatt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bit of an update.....Managed to get the iphone software working,but had to upgrade the firmware again,no matter what i tried i coud not get the ivms to work,even through local network.i tried to load the firmware that you sent me straight onto the dvr,via usb,but the dvr never recognised it.When i went through the pc it loaded straight away,now i think i have the latest firmware,its the green leafy screen,would that be right ??.
Everthing seems to work through ddns etc..