Budget Dahua Cams or china alternatives under $100?

Reaction score
I did have to do a factory default after the firmware update to remove the Amcrest logo.
Just keep in mind you'll revert to a static IP that's likely outside of your subnet.
You can use the Dahua config tool to find the camera and change the IP. Dahua Wiki
So-- using the IPC-HDW2531T-AS-S2 firmware worked through the interface?? Or did you have to do the TFTP method?

Reaction score
Pretty sure I have all the settings the same on both cameras, I triple double checked but I'm pretty tired atm.
The camera with the Dahua firmware looks better. Way less noise in low light conditions. Doesn't look great but the conditions are not ideal-dark room, bright monitors close to the cameras...
Will see when I get them outside. I'm not expecting miracles. It's tough when you have a couple IPC-HDW5231R-ZE for reference. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have all the settings the same on both cameras, I triple double checked but I'm pretty tired atm.
The camera with the Dahua firmware looks better. Way less noise in low light conditions. Doesn't look great but the conditions are not ideal-dark room, bright monitors close to the cameras...
Will see when I get them outside. I'm not expecting miracles. It's tough when you have a couple IPC-HDW5231R-ZE for reference. ;)
I did it too--- I did not have any issue with Logo's or branding showing up after-- straight up Dahua. :)

the zip file contained a lot of files-- I used the highlighted bin file. I wondered about the OTHER bin file that I marked with an x here....

1590471421561.png
After the FW change:

1590471587134.png

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I googled and it looks like there is a newer version DH_IPC-HX25(8)XX-Molec_MultiLang_PN_V2.800.0000000.16.R.200418
Could not download it tho

Reaction score
With the Dahua firmware I can’t log into the web interface of the camera via Safari on IOS/iPad but can with the stock Amcrest.
I get a blank screen with no challenge to enter user name or password.
Via PC is fine.
is this expected?

Last edited:

wackystuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
N53AJ52 firmware failed. But the firmware for the IPC-HDW2531T-AS-S2-same camera??-works.
Shows device type as IP5M-T1179E.
I have yet to test anything other than logging in to a Dahua menu so proceed with caution.
can you provide more info on where i can get the firmware for the IPC-HDW2531T-AS-S2 ? never mind. saw the link..

Reaction score
Check out post #28 above. You may need to pick the international site 1st. Then click link again.

wackystuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check out post #28 above. You may need to pick the international site 1st. Then click link again.

thanks. just saw the link. i also ordered the amcrest version but amazon is taking forever to process my order...

all i need now is to get the amcrest firmware to have as backup but don't see any firmware for the
IP5M-T1179EW at the amcrest website..

Reaction score
thanks. just saw the link. i also ordered the amcrest version but amazon is taking forever to process my order...

all i need now is to get the amcrest firmware to have as backup but don't see any firmware for the
IP5M-T1179EW at the amcrest website..
I was unable to find any IP5M-T1179EW firmware. Also my guess would be that it might be a challenge to revert back. But the cameras only $60 so overall low risk.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, amazon has this rebranded Dahua, the "Amcrest 5MP UltraHD Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera with Mic/Audio, 5-Megapixel, 98ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (256GB), White (IP5M-T1179EW-28MM) " for $60, I tried a Promo Code I got a week ago for $10 and it was still good on Wed. 5/13 @ 0735 Central. The code is LH4QSBYQ . Hard to beat a POE turret with Starlight tech & built-in audio for $50 plus tax, IMO (not to take absolutely anything away from Andy or @samplenhold 's great endorsement).
FYI, today is Tue. 5/26, 13 days since my post #3 above and that promo code LH4QSBYQ still works for $10 off! :p
I just tried it on the 3.6 mm (I already have the 2.8 mm).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Is this 3.6 or 2.8?
this is the 2.8 using the max resolution (4:3 aspect). My main commplaint about this cam is the terrible 16:9 aspect choices that merely compress (and distort) the full 4:3 image. I was thinking of maybe getting a 3.6 for another area on the side of my garage-- the taller 4:3 aspect makes sense there in a somewhat narrow area.

For $50 though--- it's really hard to beat. I paid $125 each for some 1.3mp Dahua bullets in 2012.... Perspective-- right???

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is the 2.8 using the max resolution (4:3 aspect). My main commplaint about this cam is the terrible 16:9 aspect choices that merely compress (and distort) the full 4:3 image. I was thinking of maybe getting a 3.6 for another area on the side of my garage-- the taller 4:3 aspect makes sense there in a somewhat narrow area.

For $50 though--- it's really hard to beat. I paid $125 each for some 1.3mp Dahua bullets in 2012.... Perspective-- right???
For me, as a flag cam the 4:3 will be great and it's lit all night by external white LED ground lights so its low light performance is not an issue. Your 2592 x1944 image in your post is beautiful, IMO.

I agree about the $50..... I can drop that or more in Costco, Lowes or Wally World in the blink of an eye and not be as pleased a week later. :cool: