Budget Dahua Cams or china alternatives under $100?

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find a VPN is the most efficient solution in terms of remote access.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a working coupon code?
Look post #61
or direct link Here
U can enter Name and email and u will get the 10% code right the away in your email.
I try with the same code to add at Amazon but looks that is not working , it may work at Amcrest site only.
U can try my code
2020-08-16_9-10-36.jpg
Let me know if this works on Amazon.

derpster

n3wb
Reaction score
I find a VPN is the most efficient solution in terms of remote access.

I'm super noob and am still reading and reading the resources on this site. This is my first post/inquiry.

I'm looking to put together a network and camera system soon and want to run BI on an old Q9550 system(to be upgraded eventually) that I've got laying around with a few of these IP5M-T1179EW-28MM as my startup setup.

An earlier post mentioned IP5M-T1179EW-28MM not being able to be accessed by a mobile app, maybe due to the fact that it had a different number of serial number digits. I don't have any prior experience with VPNs either, but am going to be researching that aspect also.

Would this camera on a BI system and a VPN be able to be accessed remotely by a smartphone via a BI app? Other than this camera, I'd be looking to add a couple Dahua varifocals with larger sensors once I'm up and running and a bit more confident in my knowledge and investments.

I've got much more reading to do, but the answer to this question would definitely help me on my journey.

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm super noob and am still reading and reading the resources on this site. This is my first post/inquiry.

I'm looking to put together a network and camera system soon and want to run BI on an old Q9550 system(to be upgraded eventually) that I've got laying around with a few of these IP5M-T1179EW-28MM as my startup setup.

An earlier post mentioned IP5M-T1179EW-28MM not being able to be accessed by a mobile app, maybe due to the fact that it had a different number of serial number digits. I don't have any prior experience with VPNs either, but am going to be researching that aspect also.

Would this camera on a BI system and a VPN be able to be accessed remotely by a smartphone via a BI app? Other than this camera, I'd be looking to add a couple Dahua varifocals with larger sensors once I'm up and running and a bit more confident in my knowledge and investments.

I've got much more reading to do, but the answer to this question would definitely help me on my journey.
If you can view it within your lan you can view it outside your lan via the vpn

FR1TZZ

n3wb
Reaction score

I think I remember the post, but I think it related to not being able to see the IP5M-T1179EW-28MM within the Amcrest app or maybe even when it had been flashed to Dahua Firmware and not being able to see it in the Dahua app. FYI Dahua is the manufacturer of many of these cameras where they are re branded, aka Amcrest.

Would this camera on a BI system and a VPN be able to be accessed remotely by a smartphone via a BI app?
Like @spile said if you can see it on your local network, then you should be able to access it via VPN. The difference here is that you would be using BI to do all the recordings and notifications and the BI app to access. But to answer your question, yes this camera will work on a BI system and able to be access via the app and VPN. At the very least it does on mine.

FR1TZZ

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got this one today and it worked on Amazon: CEQHGVTY
That one is for the IP5M-T1179EW-28MM

If you are looking at the IP8M-T2499EW: KPRGYQVS worked on Amazon

But there is always the discussion that the T1179EW is going to have better low light performance than the 4K T2499EW. I just wanted to post the code, should anyone want to use it. I for one would rather go with the T1179EW for better low light performance with my given scenarios/setup.

derpster

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can view it within your lan you can view it outside your lan via the vpn
I think I remember the post, but I think it related to not being able to see the IP5M-T1179EW-28MM within the Amcrest app or maybe even when it had been flashed to Dahua Firmware and not being able to see it in the Dahua app. FYI Dahua is the manufacturer of many of these cameras where they are re branded, aka Amcrest.

Like @spile said if you can see it on your local network, then you should be able to access it via VPN. The difference here is that you would be using BI to do all the recordings and notifications and the BI app to access. But to answer your question, yes this camera will work on a BI system and able to be access via the app and VPN. At the very least it does on mine.

Thanks yall! : )

now to decide 2.8mm or 2.6mm and find a good futureproof 16 port poe+ switch. I'll be researching this weekend and will probably make an introduction post about my potential plans.

I appreciate the responses about this inexpensive camera which sounds like a good initial investment to get me started.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The IP5M-T1179EW is on sale again on Amazon again. Use code 9Z3HKT6C for $10 off. Comes out to $50+ tax.

robpiat

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody have both the 4k and the 5 megapixel? Hows the night vision compare? IIRC the 4K is more of a starlight cam?

FR1TZZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody have both the 4k and the 5 megapixel? Hows the night vision compare? IIRC the 4K is more of a starlight cam?
But there is always the discussion that the T1179EW is going to have better low light performance than the 4K T2499EW. I just wanted to post the code, should anyone want to use it. I for one would rather go with the T1179EW for better low light performance with my given scenarios/setup.
I have both and the low light performance on the IP5M-T1179EW is definitely better. I chased megapixels on some of my initial cameras rather than looking at the low light performance of them. 4K is nice and all, but really only for daytime or specific locations. The performance at night isn't as good. I currently have my 4K cameras on my driveway, where there is additional light from the house, street lights and other houses. But I plan on replacing them at some point. All my darker areas are using the IP5M-T1179EW.

Couple specs to look at is sensor size and the minimum illumination. Image sensors are roughly the same size on the 4K and 5MP, but you are cramming more pixels onto the sensor of the 4K camera which will reduce the night time capability. The Min Illumination is quite a bit different between the two cameras: 4K = 0.06Lux and the 5MP = 0.008Lux.

From all my reading the 5442 cameras are some of the best performing low light cameras and are recommended all the time. They have a 1/1.8" sensor and a min ill. of 0.0016Lux. But they do come at a price.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have two 5442's and four T1179EW's. You can get three of the T1179EW's for the price of one 5442. I use them as overview cameras and they both work great. As overview cameras, with IR and B/W mode at night, both models will serve that role nicely.

redman19

n3wb
Reaction score
Well ya'll cost me some more money. Even if I don't use this one as a primary camera outside I'll still have it sitting around to play with and have it as a back up.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well ya'll cost me some more money. Even if I don't use this one as a primary camera outside I'll still have it sitting around to play with and have it as a back up.
I found that having a microphone can be a great help in certain situations.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The price for the T1179EW dropped another $5 and is now $45 with code: W44CKUSN

DuxKaz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you guys, I now have 2 T1179EW and I am about to install them to finally start my journey into some decent cameras, budget but still decent, my traumas dealing with zmodo, zosi and wyze will forever live with me but at the very least i am starting to see the light :)

I have a question, recently i bought a mini ups with integrated poe injector (my main use was to keep the router going cause we have too many blackouts where i live). The poe output is 24v (0.6 amp) or 48v (0.5 amp) but i am almost certain that this a passive poe. Can i connect one of my cameras to it without damaging it?, and if so, should i use 24v or 48v?. Thanks in advance!.