Burglars run after getting fright on their life

LouisG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently have a security system with a speaker connected to an axis audio module connected the the outputs of my NVR.

Here 2 burglars get the fright of their life when looking into my cars.

It's always better to prevent things from happening in stead of dealing with the aftermath.

Attachments

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It worked, but I think your message was a little too nice. It sounded like a prerecorded message. I think I would make message more aggressive. Also shows that motion activated lights are worthless, except to help the perps see what you have. We have seen this on many videos posted here. Good job on the setup!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I actually thought it didn't sound pre-recorded, especially within the context of you see the perp and several seconds later the lights come on, then several seconds later the announcement comes. It is like the home owner heard something, flipped on the lights, saw something, and then came over an intercom system to alert them. If the announcement came at the same time the lights came on, it may not have scared them as it would give the appearance of pre-recorded, but I think the timing is awesome to give the effect of active watching.

LouisG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is a pre-recorded message.
I did first have a super aggressive sound clip. I mixed the audio from the movie Home Alone from the tv-clip "Keep the change you filthy animal.... [machine gun sound]" + I added some police sirens and helicopter chop chop.
After it went of at 3 at night one time I got calls from 3 different neighbors about their kids being traumatized :) So in the end I changed it back.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Amazing they didn't even flinch when the light went on.
I use to think that motion activated lights would be good, but evidently when you are a full time thief, they know it is just that, motion activated and not to worry. The thieves are conditioned to the lights. They know virtually no one can react that fast with lights when they arrive to steal. So much for that technology.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So much for that technology.
Same here, I installed some before setting up cameras and find the lights to be an interference with the cams now.
Most of the time the lights don't even make the raccoons or possums flinch. Once in a while a cat might notice and freeze but that's about it.
I find them useful at the neighbors house though when my cams see their motion lights come on - it gets me to notice, but that's it.
Planning to remove these and replace them with coach lights on both sides of the driveway which will provide nice constant color illumination for the cams.

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I got rid of my motion activated light on the front of my house...just garbage. I now have a constant on and the camera is much happier..:) I will say that i do have a motion activated 'dual spot light' on my patio. I only turn it on when we are gone for a bit. Freak'n thing is stupid bright and will make you see spots.....love it!

Last edited:

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One of them placed a nice hand print on the window before you scared them off.

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently have a security system with a speaker connected to an axis audio module connected the the outputs of my NVR.

Here 2 burglars get the fright of their life when looking into my cars.

It's always better to prevent things from happening in stead of dealing with the aftermath.
I can’t view the video. Does it need to be on a desktop browser?

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@LouisG - Great video, thanks for sharing. High entertainment value.
The one numbnuts takes off in the opposite direction from where he came, then has to double back. Too funny.
I think both of those perps stained their boxers. Good job!
Using flashlights tells me they are pretty serious about their intentions. Rat bastards!