Buylog - 2015 20X Optical Zoom IR 150M High Speed Dome Full HD1080P Auto Tracking

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Sunba 507-20XB is at the local Fed Ex facility here in town six days after placing the order. According to the Fed Ex tracking, it is still listed for Friday delivery. Maybe that will change during the day so I can get it today instead.
I expect you to hang it in these 50mph winds, then send me the link so I can play with our...err...your new toy! ;)

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
My Sunba HZ507-20XB camera arrived today. I ordered it last Friday and it arrived in 6 days. I was able to do a little testing earlier this evening. Tomorrow I will do more testing and at least put up some photos taken during the unboxing. I will put up a new forum thread and post the link here. So far I was able to connect to the camera's web page and change the default IP address and login password. The shipping weight was 7.05 lbs (3.2 kgs). The camera feels like it weighs about 5 lbs (sorry, I don't have an accurate scale to weigh it). Construction of the camera is very solid. It makes the Huisun Mini PTZ camera feel like a toy. The camera pans a full 360 degrees. There is no upward tilt to the camera (unlike the Huisun which I can point up in the air). The tilt is from 0 to 90 degrees down. I mention this because it may effect where I end up installing the camera. I wanted to put the camera in the same location I have the Huisun on the back of our deck. But with no ability to tilt the camera up, I will not have the ability to zoom in on objects above the horizon. I have another possible location that I can install the camera that is about 5 feet higher than the Huisun. Tomorrow I will determine the best place to install the camera and test it with Blue Iris. We are expecting rain tomorrow and Saturday so the final installation might have to wait until Sunday, weather permitting.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Typically DHL takes 2 days from pickup to delivery; although I've had it take 3 days before...One time said it was out for delivery with the carrier but I didn't receive it until the next day. Apparently the driver ran out of time. Can also be customs delays which can delay up to a few days but fortunately I've never experienced them.

Can't wait to hear the results!
It made it mid morning our time, unfortunately I missed the delivery guy. I had it diverted to the local depot, because they couldn't re-deliver until Monday, and am going to pick it up in the morning. So two days from Hong Kong to my door.

DHL has a leave without signature option but for some reason you can only select it as a redelivery option. You cant access the option before they make the first attempt. Silly.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I prepaid the tax and duties online for my last DHL delivery the day before and checked off the "leave without signature" box as well. Turns out I was home anyway and still had to prove to the guy that I had paid (show him the payment confirmation number) AND sign for the package. I'm surprised he didn't deliver by mule train. If you miss your delivery there's a 1 hour window in the morning and late afternoon when you can pick up your package on the faaar side of town in the industrial park. No secretary takes calls in the day either. DHL makes me shudder.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I prepaid the tax and duties online for my last DHL delivery the day before and checked off the "leave without signature" box as well. Turns out I was home anyway and still had to prove to the guy that I had paid (show him the payment confirmation number) AND sign for the package. I'm surprised he didn't deliver by mule train. If you miss your delivery there's a 1 hour window in the morning and late afternoon when you can pick up your package on the faaar side of town in the industrial park. No secretary takes calls in the day either. DHL makes me shudder.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll be following this thread very closely as this seems to have the slow shutter speed (less than 1/25) that I've been looking for and the image quality looks good on that demo model....
Unfortunately the camera I have received does not have the slow shutter function of the demo cam.

Exposure Settings.jpg Exposure Settings 2.jpg

However, I'm a little concerned by the fact that the demo test model is a different model than the camera listed in the advertisement that you've bought.
Well the sticker on the box matches up

IMG_6660 (1024x683).jpg

Unfortunately when I went into the System Menu, it wasnt much help

System Screen.jpg
As further proof that we're not testing the same model, I notice the tilt of the demo model only goes 0 to 90, whereas the ad of the item you purchased states that the tilt range is "-5 to 92"......
I'm curious as to what you'd actually be getting. Are the specs in the ad wrong?
Turns out the specs in the ad are wrong, at least they arent for the unit I got. 0 - 90 degrees with auto tilt in testing. Correction -10 to 90 Degrees but only after changing a setting in the on screen display menu under preset 95. Thanks Wxman for that very useful tip

Third, I also note that the aperture range listed on the ad you bought says "F1.6 ~ F3.5"....However, this demo cam that we're looking at goes from F1.6 to F22 (see image below)
I haven't been able to find a corresponding menu. The live view menu has the open and close aperture buttons but the firmware, not to mention the actual camera, is very different to the demo.

Aperture Settings.jpg
Found it. F1.6 - F22. Same as the demo
Needless to say, I'm anxiously awaiting your review and would love to see some screen captures of the settings (aperture range, shutter speed range, tilt range, etc.) on the model you receive.

I am putting up a more detailed review with pics and some more videos but I promised you those specs as soon as I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Bummer about the slow shutter missing. I kind of had a feeling it would be.:sad2:

Have you tried going to Preset 95 to access the camera's internal on screen display? Someone with a Huisun dome said that theirs would only tilt up to 0 degrees, but there was a limit adjustment in the Preset 95/OSD that allowed them to adjust the tilt range to -10...Solved that issue, but unfortunately there was no slow shutter activation setting on Preset 95 for them...Would be interesting to see what your Preset 95 offers.

Thanks again for checking

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Bummer about the slow shutter missing. I kind of had a feeling it would be.:sad2:

Have you tried going to Preset 95 to access the camera's internal on screen display? Someone with a Huisun dome said that theirs would only tilt up to 0 degrees, but there was a limit adjustment in the Preset 95/OSD that allowed them to adjust the tilt range to -10...Solved that issue, but unfortunately there was no slow shutter activation setting on Preset 95 for them...Would be interesting to see what your Preset 95 offers.

Thanks again for checking
You Sir are a genius. Preset 95 was a winner and now I have, not minus five, but minus 10 degrees of tilt

Tilt - 10.jpg

Going to have to take a detailed look in Preset 95. I might even read the manual.

I also found the aperture adjustment. I needed to select Iris Priority.

Aperture Settings.jpg

First post has also been updated with the unboxing pictures and a link to the night test videos.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like you're stuck in black & white mode as the IR light is not in color (red).

What does it look like when you're in daylight or a brightly lit room? Is it in color? If so, is it unusually red/purple?

I would first try rebooting the unit...Then testing it in a in a well lit area (preferably outdoors during daytime). If it's just missing an IR cut filter (or if the filter is just stuck in the "off" position), then the image would be in color, but everything would have an unusual red or purple tint....If it stays in black & white, then the camera is stuck in "night mode"...If it goes to color in bright light and color shades look normal, but then goes back to black & white during low light (despite being manually set for "day" mode), then the cam is stuck in "auto" mode...May be worth checking Preset 95 / OSD and looking around in case there's any master settings in there that may be overriding the settings in the web browser interface.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First thing I checked. No issues with the colour rendition under white light. The reason it looks red is because 850nm IR gives off that visible dull red glow. The image turns black and white in night mode so you dont see that red glow. Going to wade through the preset 95 menu for a bit.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I have opened the pay pal dispute and Jack has opffered a full refund if I send it back to him at the cost of $150 which I am not prepared to do at this stage. It isnt an awful camera, just not to the specification I was promised which is disapointing.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure I'm quite understanding where the problem is. If color is normal in a well lit environment, then there must be an IR Cut filter in place. Otherwise, you would not see normal color during the day. Everything would look red or purple.

If I'm understanding correctly, it seems like you may be stuck in "auto" day/night mode in which the filter is being controlled automatically by the amount of light available.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure I'm quite understanding where the problem is. If color is normal in a well lit environment, then there must be an IR Cut filter in place. Otherwise, you would not see normal color during the day. Everything would look red or purple.

If I'm understanding correctly, it seems like you may be stuck in "auto" day/night mode in which the filter is being controlled automatically by the amount of light available.
I think it is a case of this camera having an electronic day night as opposed to a mechanical IR cut filter which was the spec in the listing.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully you have left appropriate feedback to notify others of your experience.

Anyone else noticed a new trend on AE where the Seller states in terms of trade, anything other than 5 star feed back will absolve the seller of any warranty obligations? It is not just security products but a nasty way of conducting business.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can tell you that i take this camera model of imporx http://it.aliexpress.com/item/20X-Zoom-1080P-2MP-ptz-ip-camera-wifi-wireless-speed-dome-auto-tracking-with-OSD-menu/32473217659.html The seller is very gentle, he has gave me 2 powerbox waterproof and second bracket staff and he has managed to stay all in one box.

The cameras arrived last monday morning. For now i only try it for basically. In the next days i will open new thread for image e video of this model and where mounted.

For now i can tell you that the web browser interface is the same of huisun.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hopefully you have left appropriate feedback to notify others of your experience.

Anyone else noticed a new trend on AE where the Seller states in terms of trade, anything other than 5 star feed back will absolve the seller of any warranty obligations? It is not just security products but a nasty way of conducting business.
Unfortunately because I conducted the transaction through Paypal and not through Ali Express I cant leave feedback. What I have done is put the sellers name, model number etc in this thread which is google indexed, so if you google the model number before buying you get this thread.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, this evening i put my speed dome on roof of us house. Unfortunately i saw condensate internal. 20160202_192340.jpg
The wiper is not needed because the moisture is inside the glass
I think that there is not desiccant sachet, but this model seems to have a fan inside working, and i do not know if it requires a bag of salt.

Otherwise what could be the problem?

Thanks all

Edit: Here is a picture after it is removed and taken inside. Meanwhile I ask support Imporx

20160202_221259.jpg